Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders (29800 Views)

"Remote Control": Buhari Reveals How APC Won Osun Election / Buhari Reveals Boko Haram’s Sponsors / Zahra Buhari Reveals Her Son Looks Like Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Openbusiness: 7:31am On Feb 22, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

let's just unite and work together in the south, so that they don't succeed in placing another fulaman in aso rock come 2023.

the evil midget from kaduna is already dusting off his babariga in readiness for his own chance at nigeria's jugular vein

Even without that evil dwarf, can you believe some southerners are still cheering and pushing for Atiku, another fulani northerner exactly like buhari? Any southerner supporting any northern candidate in 2023 is a traitor and enemy of the south. If Nigeria doesn’t split before 2023, if Nigeria must continue, then we must vote in a southerner who will reverse all the madness Buhari has done in 8 years, replace all leadership positions across the country with southerners and give them a heavy dose of the same nepotism treatment Buhari is doing now, and declare fulani herdsmen terrorists organizations and send the army after them, just like they decalred IPOB a terrorist organization and sent the army after IPOB. Buhari wickedness has really started to open the eyes of southerners, that we must fight for ourselves, and this is one advantage of this disastrous evil regime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by GreenArrow1(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:
I have said this before and I will gladly say it again... The Northern Borders are still very much wide open undecided
Go to any were in the North/Middle belt you will hardly see local rice ... Foreign rice is still in abundance ... were does the rice come from if the borders are completely closed??

You know nothing John Snow!
The mention of middle belt invalidates your statement. Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Local rice full everywhere in the middle belt even before the border closure.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by wirinet(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

Nigeria under Buhari is even an embarassment to ECOWAS na ..World poverty capital
But under Jonathan, it was pride to ECOWAS abi? How many ECOWAS countries agreed to cooperate with Nigeria under Jonathan?
You want to compare the poverty in other ECOWAS countries with Nigeria? Nigeria has the greatest number of poor people because of sheer population. Nigeria's population is bigger than that of the other ECOWAS countries added together, so naturally, we would have the highest population of poor people. In the opposite spectrum, we also have the highest population of rich people.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by carspotltd: 7:37am On Feb 22, 2020
Yankee101:
They're making so much money. I don't see them reopening it soon sha. Our neighbors took too much liberty
I don't even see any reason why they should open it for now. Let's win the fight against insecurity / banditry first. Also the closure is generating more revenue for the federal government so I support the closure 100%.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by wirinet(m): 7:40am On Feb 22, 2020
Openbusiness:

Even without that evil dwarf, can you believe some southerners are still cheering and pushing for Atiku, another fulani northerner exactly like buhari? Any southerner supporting any northern candidate in 2023 is a traitor and enemy of the south. If Nigeria doesn’t split before 2023, if Nigeria must continue, then we must vote in a southerner who will reverse all the madness Buhari has done in 8 years, replace all leadership positions across the country with southerners and give them a heavy dose of the same nepotism treatment Buhari is doing now, and declare fulani herdsmen terrorists organizations and send the army after them, just like they decalred IPOB a terrorist organization and sent the army after IPOB. Buhari wickedness has really started to open the eyes of southerners, that we must fight for ourselves, and this is one advantage of this disastrous evil regime.

Nigerians and misplaced priorities are like smoke and fire. Replacing all political positions with southerners (or even tribesmen) will improve your life the same way Buhari's appointing northerners in leadership positions across the country has improved the lives of ordinary northerners? Appointing all southerners in political offices will put food on your table, give your children good education, put electricity in your houses and water in your villages?

Can't you see Otuoke is now Dubai because Jonathan was president for almost 6 years, with 24 hrs electricity, good roads, running taps, and modern schools?
The east has turn to Japan, because under Jonathan most of the financial sector was being administered by igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by musazulyadain: 7:59am On Feb 22, 2020
na them savi
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:10am On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:
I have said this before and I will gladly say it again... The Northern Borders are still very much wide open undecided
Go to any were in the North/Middle belt you will hardly see local rice ... Foreign rice is still in abundance ... were does the rice come from if the borders are completely closed??
You have throw a big lie. Do you base in North.

I see Local rice more dan foreign rice because foreign rice too expensive.

Please don't comment if you don't know anything
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2020
I have said it before & I will say it again that this man is a big disgrace to Nigeria.

Nigeria will pay for Electing this man into second tenure.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Obason22(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2020
who cares
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by unitysheart(m): 8:19am On Feb 22, 2020
gunther6:
You close land borders yet you groan when Americans and Europeans shut you out of their country, double standards much angry

Make una dey reason before una type. Did he close birder to human movement?
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Babyface33: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2020
Please help a brother,I seriously needs a job.
Location - ibadan
Qualification - HND in mathematics and statistics
Skill- Advanced learning on excel,python and good in data analysis,machine learning (ongoing)
Contact- henryify33@gmail.com
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Omenkanuzu: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
post=86853719:
Reading....
[/s]
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by colestephan86: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2020
surgical:
Because you are a sadist , anything that brings pains to others is what gives you joy,what is the gain in border closure
You will mention rice,that is a backward way of dealing with the issues even though there is no significant improvement except the hype
There are better ways to approach the issue and still get a far better results,unfortunately we have a leader who is just acting on impulse
One will think you are just as intelligent with this grammar, but u ain't. Look around you and see the benefits of the boarder closure.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2020
Microwhy:

Please state how the border closure affects you personally.
I live around the border area, because of the 20km ban of tankers to border area network providers are not getting diesel to power their masks which is now affecting their service.
Many of those who do legit businesses by import and export took loans from banks now their goods are stranded at the border, they are employers of labours now they have sacked their workers, so many agents paid millions for duty with loans. The pains are endless

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by ashebaba(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2020
I hope Mr. president will direct them to open the border by special grace of Almighty GOD...
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Eteka1(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

I don't hate Nigeria , I hate the way Buhari is running Nigeria !!!!!
If you only hate the way Buhari's government goes about things, the right thing to do is offer advice or criticise constructively not always calling Nigeria derogatory names like zoo, poverty capital of the world etc etc.

I just returned from a trip to SA and and I can tell you authoritatively that the people there aren't finding life rosy either. Money is hard to make anywhere in the world my brother.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by fkj950ax(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:
If he likes he should not open it , I wonder why ECOWAS is wasting time from suspending Nigeria for breaching the free trade agreement

Without Nigeria's trade volume amongst ECOWAS countries, the FTA is almost worthless.
You can't suspend Nigeria. It's same as dissolving the entire trade pact.

The issue of border closure needs to be reviewed inwards too
If we had a government that mandates the custom and immigration bosses to sit up or shape out, we will not need to close the borders
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by FarahAideed: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2020
Eteka1:
If you only hate the way Buhari's government goes about things, the right thing to do is offer advice or criticise constructively not always calling Nigeria derogatory names like zoo, poverty capital of the world etc etc.

I just returned from a trip to SA and and I can tell you authoritatively that the people there aren't finding life rosy either. Money is hard to make anywhere in the world my brother.

Who is talking about making money? You need to drop this survivalist mentality dude .I am talking about good governance , security and co you are talking about making money , after you make money in Nigeria what next ? You now use the money to be buying diesel and hiring MOPOL ko and driving on bad roads with the chance if getting kidnapped or shot by Buharis herdsmen ... Is that life .. when you where in South Africa where you buying petrol to run gen? Does south Africa have the highest childhood mortality in the world like Nigeria? Does South Africa have the highest number of out of school kids like Nigeria?

Dude you are missing all the points , you think me that I am complaining I am suffering ko?

Nigeria is not working and under Buhari Nigeria is minting hopelessness and poverty faster than any other country in the world
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by FarahAideed: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2020
fkj950ax:

Without Nigeria's trade volume amongst ECOWAS countries, the FTA is almost worthless.
You can't suspend Nigeria. It's same as dissolving the entire trade pact.

The issue of border closure needs to be reviewed inwards too
If we had a government that mandates the custom and immigration bosses to sit up or shape out, we will not need to close the borders

Which trade volume ? Nigerians like suffering from delusions of grandeur , your society is dirt poor tier 3 market that is not important to any country so much they can't do without it ..I was surprised to see Nigeria is not among the top twenty in international flight revenues in Africa , international airlines even make more from gambia and Ghana than they do from us
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Eteka1(m): 10:08am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

Who is talking about making money? You need to drop this survivalist mentality dude .I am talking about good governance , security and co you are talking about making money , after you make money in Nigeria what next ? You now use the money to be buying diesel and hiring MOPOL ko and driving on bad roads with the chance if getting kidnapped or shot by Buharis herdsmen ... Is that life .. when you where in South Africa where you buying petrol to run gen? Does south Africa have the highest childhood mortality in the world like Nigeria? Does South Africa have the highest number of out of school kids like Nigeria?

Dude you are missing all the points , you think me that I am complaining I am suffering ko?

Nigeria is not working and under Buhari Nigeria is minting hopelessness and poverty faster than any other country in the world
If you are talking about roads, power supply, security etc, then don't make it look like it all went bad under Buhari. These are long standing problems in Nigeria.

All our leaders past and present have failed to tackle these problems.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by grandstar(m): 10:20am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:
If he likes he should not open it , I wonder why ECOWAS is wasting time from suspending Nigeria for breaching the free trade agreement

Were other African countries to retaliate, the pain will be huge. Nigerian made goods are found all over West and Central Africa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by PANDOSGUY(m): 10:20am On Feb 22, 2020
U well so
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by fkj950ax(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

Which trade volume ? Nigerians like suffering from delusions of grandeur , your society is dirt poor tier 3 market that is not important to any country so much they can't do without it ..I was surprised to see Nigeria is not among the top twenty in international flight revenues in Africa , international airlines even make more from gambia and Ghana than they do from us

You are wrong on a GRAND scale.
Nigeria is not important to any country in terms of trade?
Are you sure about all you just typed above?
Try Google. It may help.
You appear knowledgeable, but on this, you dropped the ball
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by FarahAideed: 11:04am On Feb 22, 2020
fkj950ax:

You are wrong on a GRAND scale.
Nigeria is not important to any country in terms of trade?
Are you sure about all you just typed above?
Try Google. It may help.
You appear knowledgeable, but on this, you dropped the ball

Nigeria has the weakest 200 million people market any where in world , please go do the comparison ,our markets potential is very under utilized due to bad governance causing unthinkable poverty and under patronage of goods and services . Let me give you an example MTN has 54 million subscribers in Nigeria and about 29 million in South Africa yet the make a whole lot money from SA than Nigeria .

Let me show you an example please
See below 2018 best revenue generating airline routes in Africa , with our 200 million population and so called big market we should be topping that list but we are not even there ..For your information the route sign ABJ is Abidjan not Abuja
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by adenigga(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2020
LosC:

Suspend Nigeria?

Then ECOWAS will die a natural death! Pls, let him know!!!
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 11:17am On Feb 22, 2020
AuwalYusuf812:
You have throw a big lie. Do you base in North.

I see Local rice more dan foreign rice because foreign rice too expensive.

Please don't comment if you don't know anything
I have built two houses one in Abuja and one in Delta state were am from... occasionally I travel both ways... I can tell you sincerely without mincing words you won’t find a cup of Foreign rice in Delta state... Because occasionally Custom officials go round the markets in search for foreign rice ... once they find it dey seize it
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 11:21am On Feb 22, 2020
GreenArrow1:

You know nothing John Snow!
The mention of middle belt invalidates your statement. Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Local rice full everywhere in the middle belt even before the border closure.
Yeah no doubt... local rice full every where but you won’t find a cup of Foreign rice in the east because Customs officials go round markets to seize foreign rice
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Originalsly: 11:22am On Feb 22, 2020
wirinet:

Nigerians and misplaced priorities are like smoke and fire. Replacing all political positions with southerners (or even tribesmen) will improve your life the same way Buhari's appointing northerners in leadership positions across the country has improved the lives of ordinary northerners? Appointing all southerners in political offices will put food on your table, give your children good education, put electricity in your houses and water in your villages?

Can't you see Otuoke is now Dubai because Jonathan was president for almost 6 years, with 24 hrs electricity, good roads, running taps, and modern schools?
The east has turn to Japan, because under Jonathan most of the financial sector was being administered by igbos.

You are a very wicked person. Why would you attack the guy with his own words?....using them to kick start his brain by force?... to panel beat the scales of tribalism and hatred from his eyes? How do you now expect him to reply after stuffing his words back into his mouth? You are very wicked.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 11:26am On Feb 22, 2020
Difrent:

Who told you the borders are completely shut?
It's a partial closure even the report clearly stated that and not all our land borders are shut, things are still going in and out in some borders.
Why are things going in and out of some borders?? Is it because some people are above the law why others are not?? Used clothes (Okirika) and Foreign rice are still coming inside Nigeria especially to the North after it has been declared illegal
Go to the east you won’t find a cup of foreign rice
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 11:36am On Feb 22, 2020
dhml:

He did not say completely closed. But partially closed.
Wats the difference??
My point is something’s that are banned come in freely from the Northern borders while those same things are banned completely from other borders e.g Foreign Rice and used clothes (okirika) among other things undecided
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by JULIONE: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2020
Despite d incompetency of d president.We all know that closing d border is d best thing for nigeria right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal / NDDC: How Akpabio Moved Against Oshiomhole, Sylva, Omo-Agege / Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.