Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died (2726 Views)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / A Married Mother Of 4 Had Sex With My Abroad Friend, Who's Her Ex Boyfriend / Woman Faints After Discovering That Her Husband Of 5 Years Had Died 11 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Davash222(m): 12:57am On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Youve failed to make a point after your rigmarole. You started off by establishing there are paranormal events, then you end up dismissing witchcraft, in the very next sentence. LOL.
Make up your mind, Crackkhaus.
Albert Einstein, Na your type dey die for foolish man backyard.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by MrColdsweat: 12:57am On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

You're missing the point, totally.

The proof that he died is NOT his obituary, NOT his coffin. These are associations of death but by no means evidential.
By feeding you with associations, you're being tricked into believing the story.
The proof that I ate lunch is not a picture of food on my phone. The proof that I slept last night is not a ruffled bed. The proof that I smell nice is not a picture of me with a bottle of Issey Miyake.
See beyond the ruse you're being presented
I don't believe the story but I won't call it a lie.

My point is, lack of evidence isn't enough reason to dismiss a claim as false.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Davash222:

Albert Einstein, Na your type dey die for foolish man backyard.

I know your type. You can't think for yourself, and can't stand anyone thinking for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:04am On Feb 23, 2020
MrColdsweat:
I don't believe the story but I won't call it a lie.

My point is, lack of evidence isn't enough reason to dismiss a claim as false.

And on that claim, I ask why aren't these things happening in America, UK, Germany etc. Why always disproportionately in Nigeria? I can tell you that's because we believe what we are told in this part of the world, especially when the story is laced with mysticism.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by mank1234(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2020
OP what's the name of the village?
What's your friend's full name?
We need collaborators.
It's hard for us 'Thomas' to believe.

Happy birthday cococandy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by cococandy(f): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2020
mank1234:

Happy birthday cococandy

Thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Youve failed to make a point after your rigmarole. You started off by establishing there are paranormal events, then you end up dismissing witchcraft, in the very next sentence. LOL.
Make up your mind, Crackkhaus.
You really did not follow the context of that comment from start to finish, a case of someone who reads to respond and not to understand.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

I know your type. You can't think for yourself, and can't stand anyone thinking for themselves.
But you're not thinking for yourself, are you? You're dismissing someone's report on something he experienced based on nothing else but your unbelief. cheesy

In matters like the one in the OP, the burden of proof rests on you the observer, and not the eye witness.

The eye witness reported what he saw and experienced, as an "educated" person who believes such things are impossible, it is up to you to proove what he saw is impossible using whatever verifiable means that you can.

When you can successfully do that, then you can finally say that you're thinking for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

And on that claim, I ask why aren't these things happening in America, UK, Germany etc. Why always disproportionately in Nigeria? I can tell you that's because we believe what we are told in this part of the world, especially when the story is laced with mysticism.
I asked you before, I'm asking you again.

Who told you these things don't happen anywhere else? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

You really did not follow the context of that comment from start to finish, a case of someone who reads to respond and not to understand.

I think you should reread your post and see the hotchpotch of sentences you're stringing together with no coherence or logic to them. Articulate your point better, and I can think how to respond to it. At present, I haven't the vaguest idea what point you were trying to make on that earlier post.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

But you're not thinking for yourself, are you? You're dismissing someone's report on something he experienced based on nothing else but your unbelief. cheesy

In matters like the one in the OP, the burden of proof rests on you the observer, and not the eye witness.

The eye witness reported what he saw and experienced, as an "educated" person who believes such things are impossible, it is up to you to proove what he saw is impossible using whatever verifiable means that you can.

When you can successfully do that, then you can finally say that you're thinking for yourself.

He says he saw a ghost, therefore he saw a ghost.
Genius, very logical crackhead! Well done!
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

I asked you before, I'm asking you again.

Who told you these things don't happen anywhere else? cheesy

Highlight any one of those events and let's analyse it mate. I only ask that you come with a scientific mind, not a superstitious one.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Mizwisdom(f): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hmmmmm but this is hard to believe. He came in human form? how did he replicate the image of his dismembered body when the real body was in the mortuary. What would have been more believable is if the late man's spirit takes over someone's body to pass across the message
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

He says he saw a ghost, therefore he saw a ghost.
Genius, very logical crackhead! Well done!
You're so comfortable in your silliness and unwillingness to understand, so nothing is going to make sense to you.

When a person claims they said/saw/did something, the burden of proof does not rest on the person. At best, what he will only need to present is proof that he was indeed present at that location where he said/saw/did that thing.

It rests on you who doubts his account to prove that whatever he said/saw/did is impossible even if he was really at that location.
This is how basic argumentum works.

Like someone else schooled you on earlier, you cannot argue someone's experience with them... and I'll add, based on nothing but your disbelief.
That alone should have shut you up but you keep trying to outdo yourself for whatever reason.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

I think you should reread your post and see the hotchpotch of sentences you're stringing together with no coherence or logic to them. Articulate your point better, and I can think how to respond to it. At present, I haven't the vaguest idea what point you were trying to make on that earlier post.
Yup, that's the explanation about why nothing is making sense to you here.

Davash understood it given his comment to you, so you're on your own. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

You're so comfortable in your silliness and unwillingness to understand, so nothing is going to make sense to you.

When a person claims they said/saw/did something, the burden of proof does not rest on the person. It rests on you who doubts his account to proove him wrong. This is how basic argumentum works.

Like someone else schooled you on earlier, you cannot argue someone's experience with them... and I'll add, based on nothing but your disbelief. That alone should have shut you up but you keep trying to outdo yourself for whatever reason.

Exactly the thought process that makes these experiences only rampant in Nigeria. People like you, who ought to be educated, can't argue other peoples experiences. In what universe do you make an incoherent claim, and the generality of people throw their weight behind it, no questions asked.
'Don't argue other people's experiences', what a most ridiculous thing to say! And you have no proof, no counter points. Only the tired line that he's reported it therefore it is true. How gullible and naive of you!
What if the OP had taken some hallucinogens? What if he was delirious from a bad infection? What is he had a concussion from a fight the night before? Of course you can't think of any of that. Your one track mind says "he said it therefore it is true", which is the exact reason we are under the spell of religion, superstition and misinformation in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

Yup, that's the explanation about why nothing is making sense to you here.

Davash understood it given his comment to you, so you're on your own. cheesy

Here he goes again with his bizarre conclusions.
Davash was referring to my comment. Now you've interpreted that to mean he understood your comment enough to agree with you, when he was merely passing judgment on my comment. You need to think more critically Mr.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Exactly the thought process that makes these experiences only rampant in Nigeria. People like you, who ought to be educated, can't argue other peoples experiences. In what universe do you make an incoherent claim, and the generality of people throw their weight behind it, no questions asked.
'Don't argue other people's experiences', what a most ridiculous thing to say! And you have no proof, no counter points. Only the tired line that he's reported it therefore it is true. How gullible and naive of you!
What if the OP had taken some hallucinogens? What if he was delirious from a bad infection? What is he had a concussion from a fight the night before? Of course you can't think of any of that. Your one track mind says "he said it therefore it is true", which is the exact reason we are under the spell of religion, superstition and misinformation in this country.
My point exactly... cheesy

Prove that he can't be telling the truth because he was on hallucinogens, or had a concussion, or was just delirious from a bad infection. grin
The burden of proof rests on you to show exactly why his experience is completely impossible.

If you come to me and tell me that you have performed emergency CPR on someone and saved the person's life, it is your experience which I can't argue against.
However, if I am in doubt about your ability to perform CPR, I can simply ask you where you received your CPR training and when you answer that you have no training in giving CPR, then I have proved that you are incapable of performing CPR on anyone, much less saving the person's life... Ergo, your experience is a lie.

Are you following me now? grin
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Here he goes again with his bizarre conclusions.
Davash was referring to my comment. Now you've interpreted that to mean he understood your comment enough to agree with you, when he was merely passing judgment on my comment. You need to think more critically Mr.
You know we could just ask right?

Davash222, did you understand this comment below?

crackkhaus:

I didn't even see this before typing my response.

Even if the guy has never left the shores of Nigeria, I can't imagine he does not have access to information in this 21st century.

Paranormal activity is a science that some people dedicate their whole lives to study in western countries.
It's only in sub-saharan Africa that such things are explained away as impossible, or witchcraft.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

You know we could just ask right?

Davash222, did you understand this comment below?

I couldn't care less whether he agrees or not.
My point is the fact that Davash replied my comment to you is absolutely NO proof that your earlier point was unambiguous. Why is it hard for you to understand that.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

I couldn't care less whether he agrees or not.
My point is the fact that Davash replied my comment to you is absolutely NO proof that your earlier point was unambiguous. Why is it hard for you to understand that.
My brother, if I understood what I typed and someone else understood what I typed, yet you say you don't have the vaguest idea what I typed...then where is the problem coming from? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

My point exactly... cheesy

Prove that he can't be telling the truth because he was on hallucinogens, had a concussion, or was just delirious from a bad infection. grin
The burden of proof rests on you to show exactly why his experience is completely impossible.

If you come to me and tell me that you have performed emergency CPR on someone and saved the person's life, it is your experience which I can't argue against.
However, if I am in doubt about your ability to perform CPR, I can simply ask you where you received your CPR training and when you answer that you have no training in giving CPR, then I have proved that you are incapable of performing CPR on anyone, much less saving the person's life... Ergo, your experience is a lie.

Are you following me now? grin

Finally!!! grin
Now I'm getting you to critically appraise the situation, rather than wave it off as a paranormal event.
I'm genuinely proud of what I've achieved with you. kiss
And your example about CPR couldn't be more appropriate.
Well done, Crackkhaus!
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

Finally!!! grin
Now I'm getting you to critically appraise the situation, rather than wave it off as a paranormal event.
I'm genuinely proud of what I've achieved with you. kiss
And your example about CPR couldn't be more appropriate.
Well done, Crackkhaus!
See this guy stylishly ducking out by validating me... cheesy

I still believe it is a paranormal event, I don't know where you got the impression that I waved it off.

You however, are of the opinion that such an event cannot take place, and you've given some reasons why (drug-induced hallucinations, etc).

Now prove that the person in the OP was indeed high and saw nothing.
Don't run, you go prove am today... grin
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

My brother, if I understood what I typed and someone else understood what I typed, yet you say you don't have the vaguest idea what I typed...then where is the problem coming from? cheesy

I think I'm almost there with you tbh cheesy

At present we have no proof that Davash understood you, but you've accepted it for a fact that he did. And your proof is because he disagrees with me, then he agrees with you.

We could ask him now and he would say he agrees with you, but at the time you made the claim, you did not have any evidence of it, yet sold it as fact.
That's my point
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

See this guy stylishly ducking out by validating me... cheesy

I still believe it is a paranormal event, I don't know where you got the impression that I waved it off.

You however, are of the opinion that such an event cannot take place, and you've given some reasons why (drug-induced hallucinations, etc).

Now prove that the person in the OP was indeed high and saw nothing.
Don't run, you go prove am today... grin

I'm here all day, Crackkhaus, I've got nothing but time on my hands. I'm ensconced on my sofa and I've been since waking up lol
I believe in giving credit where its due, which I've done to you, not a stylish ducking at all.

I have no intention of proving anything; it's ridiculous to ask me for a proof, when, from the outset, my point is that the OP needs to show us incontrovertible proof of his experience. If we had CCTVs and he made a claim like that, it would be a million times easier to prove him right or wrong. The stories are rampant because no one asks any questions. Elsewhere you better have proof of your experience if you're wanting to get others to believe you.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

I think I'm almost there with you tbh cheesy

At present we have no proof that Davash understood you, but you've accepted it for a fact that he did. And your proof is because he disagrees with me, then he agrees with you.

We could ask him now and he would say he agrees with you, but at the time you made the claim, you did not have any evidence of it, yet sold it as fact.
That's my point
His answer will solve all this your plenty English, relax.

Meanwhile, focus on proving hallucinations on the part of the person seeing a dead person.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

His answer will solve all this your plenty English, relax.

Meanwhile, focus on proving hallucinations on the part of the person seeing a dead person.

You're still missing the point, unfortunately.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by crackkhaus: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
passion007:

I'm here all day, Crackkhaus, I've got nothing but time on my hands. I'm ensconced on my sofa and I've been since waking up lol
I believe in giving credit where its due, which I've done to you, not a stylish ducking at all.

I have no intention of proving anything; it's ridiculous to ask me for a proof, when, from the outset, my point is that the OP needs to show us incontrovertible proof of his experience. If we had CCTVs and he made a claim like that, it would be a million times easier to prove him right or wrong. The stories are rampant because no one asks any questions. Elsewhere you better have proof of your experience if you're wanting to get others to believe you.
I will summarize all this for you so you can understand how burden of proof works.

That you don't believe something you heard ever happened does not automatically invalidate the possibility of that event happening, it only means you don't believe it... nothing more.

It's left for you to prove such a thing can never happen, which will elevate your doubt from a simplistic realm of just mere disbelief...

Another example...
If someone came here to tell us that he experienced a major earthquake in Kaduna, my automatic response will be I don't believe it. Now for me to prove he is lying, I can simply tell him that geographically it is impossible for a major earthquake to occur in a place that has no plate boundary. In fact, it's more likely that Boko Haram will kill every single human in Kaduna than for a major earthquake to occure.

This isn't just my disbelief anymore, it's me providing factual basis why that event cannot happen.

Are you following me yet? grin
Should I continue?
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by passion007: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

I will summarize all this for you so you can understand how burden of proof works.

That you don't believe something you heard ever happened does not automatically invalidate the possibility of that event happening, it only means you don't believe it... nothing more.

It's left for you to prove such a thing can never happen, which will elevate your doubt from a simplistic realm of just mere disbelief...

Another example...
If someone came here to tell us that he experienced a major earthquake in Kaduna, my automatic response will be I don't believe it. Now for me to prove he is lying, I can simply tell him that geographically it is impossible for a major earthquake to occur in a place that has no plate boundary. In fact, it's more likely that Boko Haram will kill every single human in Kaduna than for a major earthquake to occure.

This isn't just my disbelief anymore, it's me providing factual basis why that event cannot happen.

Are you following me yet? grin
Should I continue?

Thanks for your circuitous summary which has added little in value to this discussion, if I'm honest. You seem to be most elusive in your opinions.

My whole goal has been to get people to think of possibilities to this experience. I'm glad I've got you from saying "you can't argue someone else's experience with them" to actually questioning their experience, and proffering alternative explanations. You don't see that your argument has changed its bearing since this morning, which I think is just funny and reassuring - reassuring that persistence would bring change even if subtle to you. My point has always been about critical thinking, and I remain unwavering in that line of argument.

I do not expect we would come to an agreement, but getting you to think more holistically has made my day.

I hope you have a good day my friend.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Redman44(m): 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
Winneygirl:
Happens a lot.
I usually think that when people die suddenly, when they were not sick or anything, they die in an accident and do not see it coming, it's hard for them to transition to the other world.
Their spirit lingers in this world while they seek to understand what has happened to them and attempt to still do things here.
It'll take a while, but they will eventually accept the fate and start to live in the other world.

The story might be true. This world is a very strange world. I believe the guy cool cool cool cool cool. I have had paranormal experiences myself. Hmn.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by Yeecar(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
I don't know why i find it difficult believing stories like this.
Re: Nigerian Man Narrates How He Ran Into A Friend Who He Never Knew Had Died by worworbabe: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2020
Read about Jinns and you will understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, / Please My Younger Brother Needs Your Help... His Life And Health Is At Stake / I Have One Month Left To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.