Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Your Cv Gets You Shortlisted For Interviews, Preparation Gets You The Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Cv Gets You Shortlisted For Interviews, Preparation Gets You The Job (222 Views)

Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army Recruitment Through SSC And DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Cv Gets You Shortlisted For Interviews, Preparation Gets You The Job by qanda: 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
YOUR CV GETS YOU SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEWS, PREPARATION AND POSITIONING GETS YOU THE JOB

The work objective on my CV reads, “ To be part of an innovative organization that is value-driven, market and customer focused…… ” I wrote the objective after reflecting on my skills, values and the type of organization(s) I would like to work with.

How did you come about your work objective? Did you copy from a friends CV or the internet?

Not getting invites for interviews after applying for 5 or more positions can be attributed to a mismatch between your CV and the job description. You may be qualified for the job but your CV fails to impress.

Your CV will stand out when it represents YOU, your value, skills and qualities. Don’t just copy a friends CV, write your work objective, outline the responsibilities of the previous positions you have held and be proud to outline your achievements.

When you are shortlisted for an interview, give it your best effort. Preparing for an interview includes understanding how your skills and values fit the role. How will you answer the “Tell us about yourself?” and “Tell us why you are the best candidate for this role?” questions. You need to have prepared answers for the common interview questions.

As part of your interview preparations, check the internet for information about the organization, read about their history, products and services, values, mission statement, the clients they have serviced etc you may also get an insight on how they conduct their interviews.

For graduate entry jobs, a written test is often part of the recruitment process. Do well to practice past Job tests questions before you are shortlisted for exams because the test invites come at short notice.

If you have any job interview or job test related questions, use the comment section.

(1) (Reply)

INEC 2020 Recruitment: How To Successfully Apply & Terms Of Use. / Enjoy Free Coupons To Premium Udemy Courses / Word Of The Day..... 'loon'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.