Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – (2716 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / Mixed Reactions As An 'Outcast' Is Made King In Imo Community. Photos / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning (2) (3) (4)

I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Antoeni(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
The Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom in Ondo State, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, has declared that he is the highest Oba in Yoruba land.
He also claimed that his father owns Ife Kingdom and that he has the right to crown Yoruba Obas.

The Olugbo had recently attacked the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, over his (Ooni) claim that the Igbo people were originally from Ile-Ife.
Akinruntan spoke at the installation held at his palace in Ugboland, yesterday, declaring that, “I am ready to crown more kings from the Diaspora as long as I remain the number one king in Yorubaland. I am the custodian of the Yoruba culture.

“I am going to give more Obas in the Diaspora crowns. Many of them will get crowns and staff of office from me and nobody can query me. They know that I’m a special Oba in Yorubaland. My father, Oba Makin Osangangan, is the owner of Ife.

“I am the leader of all Obas in Yorubaland. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yorubaland in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife.
I’m going to celebrate 10 years on the throne; people should go and prepare. I don’t want people to wear suit to my coronation anniversary because I’m a Yoruba Oba.

“The coronation will be a special celebration because I’m preparing for it and people will come from all over the country to celebrate with me.”

The three men crowned by the Olugbo were the Oriade of Georgia, Oba Bernard Shola Akinrimisi; the traditional ruler of Yoruba in Liberia, Oba Omobolaji Ogunkoya, Oodua Gbadewolu I, and the traditional ruler of Yoruba in the Republic of Ireland, Oba Saheed Ibrahim Adufe.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/07/im-highest-king-yoruba-land-speak-thunder-mouth-oba-akinruntan-challenges-ooni/

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by chatinent: 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nobody knows this man here.

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Antoeni(m): 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
If Truly You, Than use the Thunderous Mouth to Strike Down All Corrupt Politicians, Boko Haram, Kidnappers ,Bandits, Militants, Killer Herdsmen IPOB Rascals, Corrupts Dubious and Fraudulent Pastors ,GOs, Apostles,Alfa’s Imam,Traditional Rulers.

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by RentedReality(m): 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
I think I see the context behind his utterances

It seems someone perturbed his royal relaxitude by asking why he was giving out titles like WBC

It appears that didn't go well with him as he declared he has the patriachially passed down right of conferment of said titles

So indeed, with thunder in his mouth, fire in his belly and some well placed Diasporan lords with satchets of foreign currency from loyal subjects, he might have a point

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Antoeni(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
He is just like a Baale or Lesser in Yoruba land
Even his Immediate Kingdom don’t Recognize him as a Legit Monarch Of the Ugboland

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
I have discovered that all these traditional rulers take some special type of weed not yet know to the society.
Can somebody please shut him up?

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
wink
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by iTearHerToto: 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
A....fon...jas Sabi make noise ehn... One of their most loved specialty aside depravity and co

Pukes angry
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Dartilo(m): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Normal afonja kings alway ranting grin

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by danvon(m): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
Just wondering is he saying this to convince his people or himself

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Optional09: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
caused! they can never speak in one voice, Yoruba tribe will never rise never
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by MetaPhysical: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Antoeni:
He is just like a Baale or Lesser in Yoruba land
Even his Immediate Kingdom don’t Recognize him as a Legit Monarch Of the Ugboland

If you knew this why bother bringing the news here?

You are one of the non-Yorubas in our midst that seek division amongst Yorubas.

We will tag your monicker going forward.

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by goodnessme1(f): 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Is he a yoruba muslim or yoruba christian?
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Lawdis(m): 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
goodnessme1:
Is he a yoruba muslim or yoruba christian?

None of the above....

.......he's a Yoruba trado

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by BlackfireX: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
Seriously this king were the aborigines / indegens that odudunwa( last born in igboland) met.

But how he managed to out twit them is a story for another day
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by TheChameleon: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yeah. One of their hobbies is screwing your Ma.

Hence your obsession. grin

Mods can hide my response again but i would continue to hometrain you here.

iTearHerToto:
A....fon...jas Sabi make noise ehn... One of their most loved specialty aside depravity and co

Pukes angry

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by BlackfireX: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
Antoeni:
If Truly You, Than use the Thunderous Mouth to Strike Down All Corrupt Politicians, Boko Haram, Kidnappers ,Bandits, Militants, Killer Herdsmen IPOB Rascals, Corrupts Dubious and Fraudulent Pastors ,GOs, Apostles,Alfa’s Imam,Traditional Rulers.

Including amotekun terrorists...

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by goodnessme1(f): 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lawdis:

None of the above....

.......he's a Yoruba trado
No wonder.

Yoruba traditionist hate yoruba muslims and yoruba christians.
Yoruba muslims hatred for yoruba christians is worst.

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Dande55: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Their monarchs always take some special type of weed. grin
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by StreetFight: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
I never knew Ondo weed can cause more damage than even Jamaican weed. This Yahoo King is high on expired weed.
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by StreetFight: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
goodnessme1:
No wonder.

Yoruba traditionist hate yoruba muslims and yoruba christians.

Yoruba muslims hatred for yoruba christians is worst.

This is how Chronic Madness starts ooo
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by AmuDimpka: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yoruba kings are drama kings

Give them oduduwa Republic watch them tear themselves into shreds In few years
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by Iamgrey5(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
2019 news to do what exactly?
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by StreetFight: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Yoruba kings are drama kings

Give them oduduwa Republic watch them tear themselves into shreds In few years

Just the same way some Ozubulu drug pushers killed several of their brethren in South Africa and still chased others to Ozubulu to kill in the Catholic Church built with drugs money.

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by AmuDimpka: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
StreetFight:

Just the same way some Ozubulu drug pushers killed several of their brethren in South Africa and still chased others to Ozubulu to kill in the Catholic Church built with drugs money.

Are you daft...I am talking about the kings you are talking about some drug deals gone wrong

It is either Yoruba king slapping a other or some dìck measurement with some ooni or some Yoruba king in messy divorce issue

Or some Yoruba king blaming Alcohol on their crazies ....

It's so funny.

Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by LIVIYA(f): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Is he saying that the ooni of Ife is a squatter?
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by CoolOg: 4:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by itsme01: 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Olugbo and Emir of Iwo are too of a kind, both are very rich before ascending the throne, and both are reckless in talking
Re: I Am The Highest King In Yoruba Land, I Speak With Thunder In My Mouth – by sheffyUTD(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2020
Antoeni:
. . .

“I am going to give more Obas in the Diaspora crowns. Many of them will get crowns and staff of office from me and nobody can query me. They know that I’m a special Oba in Yorubaland. My father, Oba Makin Osangangan, is the owner of Ife.

“I am the leader of all Obas in Yorubaland. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yorubaland in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife. . .
/

Incongruent! If the bolded is to be referred, then Ooni is superior. It's about the institution not lineage ancestry. The position of Ooni has been in existence before you migrated, or, is there anything else apart from this.

@ Iamgrey5 you seems knowledgeable here.

A Colleague’s Response To Killing Of Rams On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Nigerian Uniqueness / Questions And Answers On Girl Love//self Confidence//self Esteem