Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) (81287 Views)

Refuse Takes Over Ochanja Roundabout, Onitsha, Anambra State (Pictures) / Victoria Island Residents Celebrate Christmas At Eko Hotel Roundabout / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by ForkDragnet: 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Next is Ambode's leg at Ojodu Berger
do u want them to remove his leg-acy totally from Lagos state grin

3 Likes

Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by desgiezd(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
That means the roundabout will soon go just like the first and the second roundabouts that have been removed and being presently remodeled
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by sonsomegrigbo: 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
Anything can happen in Igboland sha

Shiorrrrrr

Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by lexy2014: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
Farki:

In a way yes, it blocks people from going straight to Sagotedo and motorists have to avoid other cars coming from Ogombo and going to Ajah. The next thing they need to do is replace those greedy and reckless danfo drivers with government regulated buses.

Pls look at d question i asked again. It seems u didn't understand a word I said

"How has d govt resolved d never ending traffic at Ajah? Or d fish responsible 4d traffic?"
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by yommen: 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
scoundrel:
This one is Yoruba news. Nothing concerns me here.

E no concern you? Pretender!!! After you chop the fish pepper soup finish.
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
hisexcellency34:
grin
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by lexy2014: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kiddllc:

Oga that place is always congested and yes it contributes a lot to the traffic. Commend good efforts when u see one

What good effort are u referring and how does that answer d question I asked? I can't see d relationship between what u have said and d questions I asked
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
gurunlocker:
Who wan k,,&-"&*cgdgcccçfcccgdgcccçfccfill am chop? grin grin
I will
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
gurunlocker:
Who wan k,,&-"&*cgdgcccçfccill am chop? grin grin
I will
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by hammerU: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lovelyn451:
But why...this is beautiful

No it is ugly.

Look how mad the place looks. grin cheesy
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by CaptainFM1: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lovelyn451:

Its good to have a new statue. That can be transferred to another city.... Enugu, Sapelle, Kaduna etc. When an image stays too long it will no longer be eye catching again.

1 Like

Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lagos State government is one of the most unstable government in Nigeria. They lack continuity in planning. If one government do a wonderful job. The next government will cancel it and implement his own

1 Like

Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by victorazyvictor(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lovelyn451:

Beautiful in the eye of mere mortals.
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
What is this monstrosity? Which genius' idea was it in the first place?

Seriously that thing was an eyesore
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Ezmans: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
hisexcellency34:
you are too funny
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by sapientia(m): 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
Was this constructed for free and removed for free.

Or is it with tax payers money?
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Whyzaid(f): 10:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
That fish can no longer cope inside this hot weather
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by AnanseK(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Removed by animal rights concern
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by drololaaof: 1:22am On Feb 24, 2020
Dont worry we are only good at destroying, why not channel the resources and strength to another creative thing, if care is not taken the Unknown soldier at Idimota, Eyo statue will be changed to Bourdillon road
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by SSam01: 1:36am On Feb 24, 2020
Ogombo people were already dropping their sacrifices inside, i wonder where will be their next spot
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Thunderblasts(m): 2:05am On Feb 24, 2020
mytime24:
Yam eaters don carry am
And what's wrong with eating yam you bloody illiterate!
It's better I eat yam than kill myself with oil in my soup especially in this climate change of heat and high temperature or eat pepper like a fool and still sweat on it!
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by nlPoster: 2:09am On Feb 24, 2020
Who are the yam eaters because I don't know anyone who values yam more than myself.

I was raised on yam, nobody ate it more than me.
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by temmienewells(m): 2:25am On Feb 24, 2020
What a moniker!
scoundrel:
This one is Yoruba news. Nothing concerns me here.
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by LoudlyMouthed: 2:55am On Feb 24, 2020
grin
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:01am On Feb 24, 2020
davodyguy:
Confused people

Ambode used tax payers funds to do it, Sanwoolu using same funds to remove it
Pedrocross4568:
But why now?
masseratti:
Why nau?
ssogundele:
Who ordered the removal of the fish!
Lovelyn451:
Hilariousthiago:
What for?
Mateen1000:
Bet Why nah?
Oluwa wetin dey “removate” for Lagos
Na Fela statue dey remove b4
Now our Big fish for Abraham Adesanya
Next month now, den go remove Eyo Metta

These roundabouts are being remodeled into signalized junctions...
And the statutes (Fela, Awo, the Fish, etc) will be relocated to other locations.

>

1 Like

Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by Originalsly: 3:09am On Feb 24, 2020
This is the kind of stuff I expect to see on FP.... matters on ground that we can relate to or can affect us. Not cut and paste Twitter stuff.
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:10am On Feb 24, 2020
Goalnaldo:
What's the purpose of the fish in the first place or is the community known for large scale production of fish in Lagos

It symbolizes the tradition and culture of the local people whose livelihoods revolve around fisheries...
>
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:15am On Feb 24, 2020
maduxs:
Misplacement of priority
faceland:
That thing cost money to install (may be hundreds of thousands if not millions of naira, both the one paid to the artist the one stolen in false declaration), then cost less money to also remove. Anyway, its Nigeria.
Ijawwomaninoyo:
It is inside a round about, it has nothing to do with traffic.
This is what is being used for directions there. If someone comes tomorrow morning and the fish is used in giving him directions, he will miss his ways.
slimjohn2k5:
Confused govt, is that the cause of traffic?
mysticwarrior:
I have only been to Lagos on two occasions, and that giant silver fish is the most recognizable symbol I ever came acrossed, it also helped me to get familiar with the locations around that vicinity, I really wonder how that place would look like now.
aminusodiq:
But dis looks very beautiful
lexy2014:
What good effort are u referring and how does that answer d question I asked? I can't see d relationship between what u have said and d questions I asked
TOPCRUISE:
Lagos State government is one of the most unstable government in Nigeria. They lack continuity in planning. If one government do a wonderful job. The next government will cancel it and implement his own
sapientia:
Was this constructed for free and removed for free.

Or is it with tax payers money?
AnanseK:

Removed by animal rights concern
drololaaof:
Dont worry we are only good at destroying, why not channel the resources and strength to another creative thing, if care is not taken the Unknown soldier at Idimota, Eyo statue will be changed to Bourdillon road

These roundabouts are being remodeled into signalized junctions...
And the statutes (Fela, Awo, the Fish, etc) will be relocated to other locations.

>
Re: The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:18am On Feb 24, 2020
johnmattew:
they are busy removing structures, especially roundabouts that disturb traffic flow, but they ironically chose not to remove the worse structure that inhibits fre flow of traffic:lekki toll gates
johnmattew:
the mumu government didn't see lekki toll gate that cause heavy traffic

Nigerians always looking for AWOOF...
Instead of removing toll gates that pay for road maintenance, they should use smart tags instead.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' / Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.