Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? (47541 Views)

Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. / Toyota Camry 2010 Vs Honda Accord 2010-why Is Toyota More Marketable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
virago:

Not surprised coming from a "conductor" gringringringringrin

Savage....damn

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
KINGreignn:

Just shut up!

Imagine the rubbish self indicting speech. I know a lot of Toyota brand new and used that will buy a Mercedes Benz 2x. Also, I know some folks who own Mercedes Benz but always putting 1000- 1500 fuel, always welding the ball joints and linkage arms and buying used tyres and the last time his car engine leaked oil, he couldn't cough 120k to buy an engine and had to park it for over 7months.

That doesn't mean he's abandoned his philosophy of Benz ownership...

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by psucc(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Biko. What do you need it for? grin grin

For Uber?? grin
for private use.Just have a strong passion for the car.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
RonaldoVido:

The boys praising Mercedes on this thread can't even afford it's tyres. Exactly thesame fake lives they live on Instagram and one day I pointed this out to them.

If someone gifts them a corolla, they will share testimony in church. I have never driven a Mercedes but at least have owned two Toyotas and one Honda before.

At least let me speak about what I have tested.
You're a faker. No need posting here if you've never driven a Merc before

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Jonnach: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
There are only two cars in the world; Mercedes and others ��
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
psucc:
for private use.Just have a strong passion for the car.
That is weird. grin grin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Okay this is it.
I know you will defend Honda regardless, same way I will defend Toyota. Ordinarily Dangote won't dash me a car as I have no business with him. Does this mean I didn't get your narrative? I did, but those that can get me a car will know my choice and they won't buy me what I won't appreciate.
When I bought my DC, it was out of desperation. I was eager to join league of car owners, my bf advised me to chill but i never listened. I bought it and for the first two-four months it was nice until later I started leaving the car with 'Baba KAzeem'. People will tell you to beware of Honda's and their steering ball joints and suspension issues, I didn't even listen until it happened to me hands down. Like how was that even predictable?? How comes everyone knows there is 90% probability of a honda user facing this ish. Do you know the funniest thing? I was blamed for lack of maintenance and then for plying rough roads. Imagine!! I asked some of them why my mom's toyota that I drove for years despite the very rough roads in Osun state didn't experience such ish. Las Las Honda loves using cheap and substandard parts.
And... Would I have opted for 2018 accord over my Camry '13? Nahh. I won't. This is my choice, I even saw some ridiculous offers that were too juicy to be ignored but nah I passed.

Secondly, I must have scarred myself with lack of knowledge and patience, my mechanic didn't contribute to it. He is a trusted person. The ugly thing about the abnormality of Honda cars is, Honda users will blame everyother person but the maker. You will blame the mechanic, the victim, the roads and all and all but you will never blame the maker for packaging a cheap trash as car. undecided

There you have it. It is plausible that you bought a lemon out of desperation. The same way I told my evil spirited friend to chill but ended up with a lemon.

Please tell us the truth, you bought a lemon, period.

Trusted Kazeem? Do you even know what brand of parts he installs on you car? Do you even know whether your car had a CAT converter or not as at when you bought and sold it?

My neighbor's trusted mechanic collected 20k and poured 4k Forte Visco 2000 20w50 in his 4 months old toks 2008 Corolla gear box. He bought another gear box thereafter but his mechanic is still trustworthy till today.

You got ripped off by your car dealer and continued to get ripped off by your Kazeem. I guess he is still trust worthy, just go now and tell him your steering freezes intermittently if he will not ask you to buy a new steering rack. Try it. I bet you, he will not reject the offer to rip you off as usual.

The difference between me and you is that I overcome challenges with solutions while you are overcomed by challenges with blames.

At the current state of my Accord, if I get a pull out, believe me, I am 100% responsible. If I put a non OEM ball joint and decided to manage, and it pulls out, why shift blame? But a person like you who has no idea what was put in the car has no one to blame but the stereotypical way, Honda. Will you mechanic accept responsibility and lose a customer?

Hell, I used a badly kazeemed Mazda, we didnt enjoy the car right from day 1 which was toks. Do I blame Mazda when I know who kazeemed the car and what was actually done to it. A Mazda car with Mazda engine but Toyota ECU and Honda fuel injectors. I sold the car and will buy the same car again because the car is strong.

I wish you luck, you will need it on your next Kazeem appointment.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
all I know is that it is criminal mention Mercedes and toyota in one sentence!
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jonnach:
There are only two cars in the world; Mercedes and others ��
This table U wan shake people stan on top ohhhh

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by waaclef(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yes i understand the re-sale factor. But again i maintain my vehicles very well and i got my Benz almost new . When iam ready to upgrade, the re-sale factor would not be an issue. Thanks

When you want to sell it, the value you would have lost, you will come back to tell us another story.

I love Benz, but I had nothing but pity on the my friends and family who have it.

I will get it, but not as a daily driver.[/quote]
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
adanny01:

There you have it. It is plausible that you bought a lemon out of desperation. The same way I told my evil spirited friend to chill but ended up with a lemon.

Please tell us the truth, you bought a lemon, period.

Trusted Kazeem? Do you even know what brand of parts he installs on you car? Do you even know whether your car had a CAT converter or not as at when you bought and sold it?

My neighbor's trusted mechanic collected 20k and poured 4k Forte Visco 2000 20w50 in his 4 months old toks 2008 Corolla gear box. He bought another gear box thereafter but his mechanic is still trustworthy till today.

You got ripped off by your car dealer and continued to get ripped off by your Kazeem. I guess he is still trust worthy, just go now and tell him your steering freezes intermittently if he will not ask you to buy a new steering rack. Try it. I bet you, he will not reject the offer to rip you off as usual.

The difference between me and you is that I overcome challenges with solutions while you are overcomed by challenges with blames.

At the current state of my Accord, if I get a pull out, believe me, I am 100% responsible. If I put a non OEM ball joint and decided to manage, and it pulls out, why shift blame? But a person like you who has no idea what was put in the car has no one to blame but the stereotypical way, Honda. Will you mechanic accept responsibility and lose a customer?

I wish you luck, you will need it on your next Kazeem appointment.
Okay I bought a Lemon out of desperation, the tons of others having this same experience bought Lemons too?
Common, call a spade a spade.
I could remember my Kazeem saying it is an error from the company, the weight of the tyres are resting on the ball joint or however he put it.
I am sure you understand what he meant with that.

I really may not understand the mechanical gimmicks he might have played on me as you suggested but Honda is a huge disaster. It would have made more sense if it happened to just me or a few people but it is a universal problem. The maker's error not ours.
I don't overcome challenges like this by proffering solutions, avoiding the defective and substandard make is my own solution.
Thanks for the good luck, but I ain't visiting Kazeem anytime soon. My baby is too perfect for that. tongue
I dash you the luck.grin
And ohh! I learnt a new word from you today 'Lemon', thanks for that. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
waaclef:
Yes i understand the re-sale factor. But again i maintain my vehicles very well and i got my Benz almost new . When iam ready to upgrade, the re-sale factor would not be an issue. Thanks

When you want to sell it, the value you would have lost, you will come back to tell us another story.

I love Benz, but I had nothing but pity on the my friends and family who have it.

I will get it, but not as a daily driver.

Trust me, its an issue. With a BMW, its even worst.

Nigerians are not very reasonable people. The fact that they price a certain car a certain way will stand no matter how good you keep yours because buyers would have been separated into 2 before they meet you. One part have been discouraged from buying anything Naija used so yours fall into it no matter the condition or care you put into it. The other part believe every Naija used car of the same brand has a certain devalued price, that is what they set their minds and that is what is affordable to them so you wont get a better bargain no matter how you push.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
The problem is that people tend to think Mercedes Benz makes only cars like Toyota.... They forget that Marco Polo luxurious buses, trucks which are die hard vehicles and second to none in reliability are also signature makes of Mercedes Benz.

Even Lexus was a pure plagiarism of the Mercedes Benz.

Yes some brands of Mercedes Benz has issues....but true the Toyota Camry muscle is plagued with a factory error of oil consumption that is incurable!! The Camry muscle melting dashboards, the Camry muscle independent acceleration without the input of the driver....

I can go on and on... The Toyota Corolla is no match for the Mercedes Benz W202 C klasse... In any form..the W202 C klasse wins ...
A. Fuel economy tie.
B. Thieves follow the Toyota Corolla
C. Parts replacement is waayyy cheaper on the Mercedes W202...

No, Toyota is not better than Mercedes, and anyone who claims that is delusional.

Finally the Mercedes Benz Maybach is something no Toyota/Lexus can ever compete with in triple lifetimes!!

Mercedes= iPhone
Toyota=Tecno/Infinix

End of discussion.

End of discussion = Honda. grin grin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Ojuororun(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
Felixamos:

When you sell 20 bags of pure water @ N100 per bag in 2days for 5days and just 5 bottles of CWAY dispenser water @ N500 per bottle bottles in 5days, which one gives you more more money and turn overs?
I NEED A SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR TO WORK THIS JAMB QUESTION . (; sad

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by psucc(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:
That is weird. grin grin
how do yöu mean?
Are you an alien?
One man meat is another's poison. That's how life goes.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by BadBradley: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
LordAzubuike:

This one is confused. Placing Mercedes above Audi and BMW lol? Judge from your Nigerian perspective not from a worldwide view. In the west how many people know what Mercedes is? Weytin dey worry you Benz fans na the same virus wey hit you during the era of blackberry. It was very popular for third world countries like Nigeria but in developed nations it wasn't making any market. Mercedes is for poor people who want to see what luxury feels like.
in the West how many people know what mercedes is?

Bozo, I said worlds presidents use mercedes than any other car brand. Your ignorance is groundbreaking and staggering being so bold and same time so ignorant.

You're guilty of a grave sacrilegious sin.

There's no luxury car that drives like an S class.

Audi is strictly a driver's car. It lacks the smooth carpet ride quality mercedes has. Same with Audi.

The prestige of owning a Mercedes in the West can only be compared to the hyper luxury cars like Bugatti, Ferrari and Lamborghini.

No female posses the brain power to analyse cars when 99.9% of you can't even drive properly.

But I'm glad you're deflecting with with Audi and BMW shamelessly shifting focus from your bland world's dumpyard Toyota.

Lastly, I hope you realize no Asian car maker has branched into the hyper luxury car segment?

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by waaclef(m): 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
[quote author=adanny01 post=86915309]

Trust me, its an issue. With a BMW, its even worst.

Nigerians are not very reasonable people. The fact that they price a certain car a certain way will stand no matter how good you keep yours because buyers would have been separated into 2 before they meet you. One part have been discouraged from buying anything Naija used so yours fall into it no matter the condition or care you put into it. The other part believe every Naija used car of the same brand has a certain devalued price, that is what they set their minds and that is what is affordable to them so you wont get a better bargain no matter how you push.

You are quite right on this. Hopefully , when i need to buy i wont need to sell to acquire another one. The reason i got the Benz because of the handling and the comfort of driving it. to some extend, i think it is a symbol status to some. People kind of stare when you drive and to be honest i am getting very uncomfortable in a way. I had to obtain my tint permit.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Okay I bought a Lemon out of desperation, the tons of others having this same experience bought Lemons too?
Common, call a spade a spade.
I could remember my Kazeem saying it is an error from the company, the weight of the tyres are resting on the ball joint or however he put it.
I am sure you understand what he meant with that.

I really may not understand the mechanical gimmicks he might have played on me as you suggested but Honda is a huge disaster. It would have made more sense if it happened to just me or a few people but it is a universal problem. The maker's error not ours.
I don't overcome challenges like this by proffering solutions, avoiding the defective and substandard make is my own solution.
Thanks for the good luck, but I ain't visiting Kazeem anytime soon. My baby is too perfect for that. tongue
I dash you the luck.grin
And ohh! I learnt a new word from you today 'Lemon', thanks for that. smiley

If you donot understand the mechanics, how can you be of an opinion which car is better?

If we talk about weave-ons, hand bags, pumps etc, you will properly give reasons for each choice you make other that its physical appearance.

Not discriminating you gender wise, but I think you should not be in the front of this kind of argument since the only appreciable contribution you will have is the face value.

Benz are cute, what more can you say about it if no one told you his/her opinion? You are giving a passionate opinion on Honda but that opinion in the real sense is not yours. Your Kazeem said this or that. You need an opinion of your own other than what someone who is not well grounded has giving you.

Have you visited car complaints website before? Have you seen the Honda "universal problem" in the site or any other website.

US Toyota drivers filed a class action lawsuit over vehicles with 2AZ-FE that burn excessive amounts of oil but have forgotten to remember that Honda legs pull out. What about the Takata airbag issue that affects Honda, Toyota, Benz and a long list of manufacturers. If there was a universal suspension problem with Honda, am sure airbag will be of least concern and a class action lawsuit would have made Honda bankrupt.

Besides, you say you spent alot on your DC, how much is considered too much when the only problem you mentioned is ball joint. Even if you replaced ball joint with the chinko ones sold less than 5k, how many did you change to qualify your spending as a disaster.

If your complain was a 2008 Accord V6, I will not argue with you.

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by DownChelsea(f): 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2020
Toyota is a bigger company than mercedes, Obviously. Which means it is more global, richer and greater than mercedes.

Even those working in mercedes would wish to work in toyota because they would likely earn more as toyota is a bigger company.

In terms of their products.

Mercedes is primarily luxury
While Toyota is primarily mainstream.

Toyota matches mercedes cos it also makes luxury in its lexus and crown brands.

Toyota also has an ultra luxury line known as “century”

However mercedes products have more prestige normally.

But in terms of the companies , toyota is bigger, better and richer than mercedes by farrr

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
BadBradley:

Bozo, I said worlds presidents use mercedes than any other car brand. Your ignorance is groundbreaking and staggering being so bold and same time so ignorant.

Audi is strictly a driver's car. It lacks the smooth carpet ride quality mercedes has. Same with Audi.

The prestige of owning a Mercedes in the West can only be compared to the hyper luxury cars like Bugatti, Ferrari and Lamborghini.

No female posses the brain power to analyse cars when 99.9% of you can't even drive properly.

But I'm glad you're deflecting with with Audi and BMW shamelessly shifting focus from your bland world's dumpyard Toyota.

Lastly, I hope you realize no Asian car maker has branched into the hyper luxury car segment?
So you think Mercedes is the IT when it comes to comfort?
been inside a Rolls Roys or a bentley B4?
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by DownChelsea(f): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
BadBradley:

check the latest reviews, audi cars are superior to mercedes cars (even in tech and luxury)

In your last paragraph you lied. Toyota has an ultra luxury line that is beyond Lexus/Crown, known as Century.

Also, when you say most presidents use mercedes. How? I believe they use Audis more.

The audi A8 and bmw 7series drive better than an s class.

Lastly, mercedes maybach is a joke compared to Bmw’s rolls royce and volkswagen’s bentley

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
DownChelsea:
Toyota is a bigger company than mercedes, Obviously. Which means it is more global, richer and greater than mercedes.

Even those working in mercedes would wish to work in toyota because they would likely earn more as toyota is a bigger company.

In terms of their products.

Mercedes is primarily luxury
While Toyota is primarily mainstream.

Toyota matches mercedes cos it also makes luxury in its lexus and crown brands.

Toyota also has an ultra luxury line known as “century”

However mercedes products have more prestige normally.

But in terms of the companies , toyota is bigger, better and richer than mercedes by farrr
you are wrong, Mercedes are much richer however Toyota has larger production capacity due to mass production. There are more Mercedes in Europe than Toyota.We have cheap and smaller Mercedes as well ie the A-class.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
DownChelsea:
check the latest reviews, audi cars are superior to mercedes cars (even in tech and luxury)

In your last paragraph you lied. Toyota has an ultra luxury line that is beyond Lexus/Crown, known as Century.

Also, when you say most presidents use mercedes. How? I believe they use Audis more.

The audi A8 and bmw 7series drive better than an s class.

Lastly, mercedes maybach is a joke compared to Bmw’s rolls royce and volkswagen’s bentley
what is BMW's, Rolls Roys? the fact that o ne investor buys into another company that has a diff brand do not make them the same though.In all the Rolls Royce is way comfy than any car on earth.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by DownChelsea(f): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
erico2k2:

you are wrong, Mercedes are much richer however Toyota has larger production capacity due to mass production. There are more Mercedes in Europe than Toyota.We have cheap and smaller Mercedes as well ie the A-class.
do you research on their finances.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by DownChelsea(f): 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
erico2k2:

what is BMW's, Rolls Roys? the fact that o ne investor buys into another company that has a diff brand do not make them the same though.In all the Rolls Royce is way comfy than any car on earth.
bmw’s rolls royce is what it is.

The answer to your question is “influence”. Influence bro!

Rolls royce and 7series share alot of components.

If A owns B, saying that B is A’s property is logically correct.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
adanny01:

If you donot understand the mechanics, how can you be of an opinion which car is better?

If we talk about weave-ons, hand bags, pumps etc, you will properly give reasons for each choice you make other that its physical appearance.

Not discriminating you gender wise, but I think you should not be in the front of this kind of argument since the only appreciable contribution you will have is the face value.

Benz are cute, what more can you say about it if no one told you his/her opinion? You are giving a passionate opinion on Honda but that opinion in the real sense is not yours. Your Kazeem said this or that. You need an opinion of your own other than what someone who is not well grounded has giving you.

Have you visited car complaints website before? Have you seen the Honda "universal problem" in the site or any other website.

US Toyota drivers filed a class action lawsuit over vehicles with 2AZ-FE that burn excessive amounts of oil but have forgotten to remember that Honda legs pull out. What about the Takata airbag issue that affects Honda, Toyota, Benz and a long list of manufacturers. If there was a universal suspension problem with Honda, am sure airbag will be of least concern and a class action lawsuit would have made Honda bankrupt.

Besides, you say you spent alot on your DC, how much is considered too much when the only problem you mentioned is ball joint. Even if you replaced ball joint with the chinko ones sold less than 5k, how many did you change to qualify your spending as a disaster.

If your complain was a 2008 Accord V6, I will not argue with you.
Firstly, If I didn't learn from my Kazeem where then would I learn? From medical school?
If I kept visiting my Kareem with the substandard Honda I bought, am I not expected to ask questions why the Honda was the 2nd worst thing on earth after the devil? That is about that.
Secondly, the first time I had this experience with my ball joint was right in front of my church why I was trying to turn in and the embarrassment alone was haunting.
I spent above 30k just that day alone if not more. I only laid emphasis on ball joint because that is off course the only name I will never forget. No way I could remember all that he listed to buy but I spent above 30K just that Sunday and then he advised I should be replacing it periodically. And off course several other faults were developing along the line. That is that.
Thirdly, can a Nigerian file a law suit against a maker of a car? Nigerians would never, we haven't gotten to that level. And these white guys don't have bad roads like we Africans so they don't majorly experience it like we do. This doesn't change the fact that it is a universal problem. If we had a reasonable platform like the whites to tender our aggressions then Honda would have been a thing of the past. You yourself know that Honda products are known to always have this ball joints/suspension issues. I can swear with my life that you know.

Then again, do you know how many times Toyota has withdrawn a number of their vehicles from the market because people's complained about some mechanical faults?? That is what is expected from a company that is ready to give nothing but the best.

Lastly, No. It wasn't a 2008 accord, it was 2006.

You can continue with your gender discrimination tho. undecided
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
DownChelsea:
do you research on their finances.
The quality of their factory speaks for itself, U don't need to go further,Mercedes have a diff branch Toyota struggle to catch up with that's is the HGV section of the market,U 4got that bit.U are comparing people who manufacture cars with pure aluminium structures with one who use cheap steel from china grin grin grin grin. We Nigerians love Toyota 2much, even in the US people know the difference,if the American Auto mkt is as strong as the European one, Toyota would not be boosted like it is.The North American mkt lack car manufacturers hence the Toyota burst.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
DownChelsea:
bmw’s rolls royce is what it is.

The answer to your question is “influence”. Influence bro!

Rolls royce and 7series share alot of components.

If A owns B, saying that B is A’s property is logically correct.
What does the BMW 7 Series share with a Rolls Royce?
NONE
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by christopher123(m): 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
lol
virago:

Not surprised coming from a "conductor" gringringringringrin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by christopher123(m): 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

Spoken like a true dummy. With this level of low IQ, I shouldn't be talking to you. A Benz owner welding ball joints, putting 1k fuel, buying used tyres, dumped car for 7 months etc are those not clearly an indication of a person that bought something he can't afford aka BROKE PERSON, and all that cutting corners just to meet up still proves my point that BENZ is not for BROKE PEOPLE. But in a bid to hurriedly condemn someone else as a fool, you just made a bigger fool of yourself. Please pray tell, I really want to know, and maybe other people here too will like to know, which Toyota brand new car will buy x2 a Mercedes-Benz brand new car in the same vehicle class. Is it a 2020 Rav4 that will buy two 2020 Benz GLE 350 or a 2020 Landcruiser that will buy two 2020 Benz GLS 63 AMG , or is it a 2020 avalon that will buy two 2020 S65 AMG? Please come prove this your point and if you can't prove it, you need to deactivate your account for this kind of abracadabra lie you're telling. The most expensive Toyota today is the brand new 2020 Land Cruiser VXR V8 costs less than $90k for full options, $90k that cannot even buy one brand new 2017 Benz E63 AMG, mtchewwwwwww! In Nigeria, people are buying brand new toyota's back to back like pure water, but how many people buy brand new Benz? Even the rich people, many of them buy low mileage tokunbo that the price has almost reduced by half already. Brand new 2019 Benz GLS63 AMG (same full-size SUV class with landcruiser) costs over $130k for full options (MSRP specs is $126k). Toyota can buy 2 Benz kee you dia, bloody liar!

I am learning here
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Firstly, If I didn't learn from my Kazeem where then would I learn? From medical school?
If I kept visiting my Kareem with the substandard Honda I bought, am I not expected to ask questions why the Honda was the 2nd worst thing on earth after the devil? That is about that.
Secondly, the first time I had this experience with my ball joint was right in front of my church why I was trying to turn in and the embarrassment alone was haunting.
I spent above 30k just that day alone if not more. I only laid emphasis on ball joint because that is off course the only name I will never forget. No way I could remember all that he listed to buy but I spent above 30K just that Sunday and then he advised I should be replacing it periodically. And off course several other faults were developing along the line. That is that.
Thirdly, can a Nigerian filed a law suit against a maker of a car? Nigerians would never, and these white guys don't have bad roads like we Africans so they don't majorly experience it like we do. This doesn't change the fact that it is a universal problem. You yourself know that Honda products are known to always have this ball joints/suspension issues. I can swear with my life that you know.

Then again, do you know how many times Toyota has withdrawn a number of their vehicles from the market because people's complained about some mechanical faults?? That is what is expected from a company that is ready to give nothing but the best.

Lastly, No. It wasn't a 2008 accord, it was 2006.

You can continue with your gender discrimination tho. undecided

You are still not getting the point.

Follow this link, that's how much an original Honda ball joint cost. This is for one single lower ball joint. If you have to buy a pair, multiply by two and add shipping costs, you're looking at 100k already.

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-joint-front-ball-51220sda305?c=cT01MTIyMC1TREEtQTAy

So if you used fake parts and it failed or you had to replace it frequently, it's not the manufacturers fault. You only have yourself to blame.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Vacora:

Have a great day too fam grin. World is changing, there is a need to get rid certain ideas or we will become prehistoric or extinct. May God bless your hustle so you can buy me the latest Lexus G570 and I will in turn send you a Mercedes Benz G wagon smiley

I love this guy...I owe you a bottle or two of stout.

This is maturity...this is how to banter not all these kids here....you have shown and demonstrated maturity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Hatchback: Is Nigerian Used Of This Car Advisable??? / Honda Babyboy: Simplicity In Perfection / Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.