Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Okiro Now Police Ig - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okiro Now Police Ig (5679 Views)

Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan / Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2007
i am worried about who become the next IGP so I can come back and get lucrative contracts and be able to leave dummies like you bread crump from the table, police people always stick together, and we are all loyal to our folks gay.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by BUSHFELLOW(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2007
YOU ARE A RASCLAT AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS ASK THOSE WHO KNOW. SORRY I FORGOT YOU ARE A gay grin CROOKED MAN FROM CROOKED BACKGROUND SUPPORTING CROOKED ADMINISTRATION.

GROW UP AND MOVE ON LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT CONTRACT WHAT LIVES AND PROPERTIES THAT WILL BE LEFT UN PROTECTED BY YOUR SO CALLED IDIOT AND CROOKED IGP COMING FROM YOUR CLAN.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2007
This is why you don't give small boys computer.  Boy learn how to punctuate, because I can't even make any logical sense out of your writtings.  A word is enough for the wise.

Amazing how you  can call someone a RASCLAT and you've never even been to the airport tarmac.  Do you want me to send you a picture of what Jamaica looks like?  Stop comparing me to you, it's like comparing night to day, the vision is crystal clear.

GET A LIFE AND GET LAID i will be ignoring childish comments from now on.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by GNature(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Amazing how you can call someone a RASCLAT and you've never even been to the airport tarmac.

lmao  grin

you guys need to stop the dissing.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2007
GNature I'm a man of peace but when all this small Yoruba boys don't know how to respect their elders because we all on the computer. every now and then we need to take them back to basics. PEACE.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by panalyst(m): 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2007
@ijogun

what does Ekwueme stand for?

He is the most educated President or Vice President Nigeria ever had. When Buhari took over government, he was thrown in jail and the military tribunal who tried him testifed that Ekwueme left government poorer than he was when he got in.

Ekwueme had the first registered indigineous architectural firm in the whole of Nigeria and he has degrees in Architecture, Law, Land Survey, Town Planning, Philosophy. He has at least 5 degrees,

When people were runnnig away from Abacha, he along with 33 other men set up the G-34 to challenge Abacha and tell him to step down,

THat party turned into the PDP which he wrote the constitution, became the founding chairman and had a broad appeal to all. Unfortunately it was hijacked by a military cabal and hence what we have now. Poverty Development Party,

He was responsible at the constitutional conferecence for the introduction of geo political zones which is what is helpnig minorities such as the south south and people from the north central to be involved in the affairs of the country

IF by the above, this man does not stand for something, then i want u to explain and name other politicians in Nigeria who stand for something.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2007
panalyst what does that crap you just posted got to do with this topic? OK your patriotic Ekwueme is dead?
or is he a policeman?
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by panalyst(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2007
stupidity at its highest. I was responding to a statement ijogun made, i put @ijogun

so if u didnt want to read, simply skip it. I dont think your vision is that impaired that u cant jus simply ignore my post but then again i cant be sure with ur disgraceful arse kissing of ehindero and OBJ
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
now who is really ignorant? me or you? we talking about police post and you talking of a low life Ekwueme whom we don't even know. I won't result to your level of name calling, but i suggest you take your medication on daily basis.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by panalyst(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2007
Mama Jama aka OBJ's missing daughter aka Ehindero's lost N20 bribe.(which he mistakenly left somewhere in the States)

Ignorant? I was not even talking to you

The world would be a better place if people actually minded their business. Go and concentrate on the police contracts u are meant to have instead of wasting time replying to posts that have no connection to you in any manner.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by azorjiu(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

we talking about police post and you talking of a low life Ekwueme whom we don't even know. I won't result to your level of name calling, but i suggest you take your medication on daily basis.

I consider the above comment on the person of the former vice president extremely insulting . He doesn't deserve such harsh words from the poster.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by olutomiwa(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

What happened to let the best candidate wins? why must it all be about ethnicity?
I tire for dem o
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Besteric(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2007
Mike Okiro was born in Oguta in Imo state. he chose a nearby Ogba/Ndoni/ egbema LGA from Rivers State cuz the Traditional ruler aided him into the force,, he is Igbo
All people of Egbema/Ndoni LGA or Rivers state are Igbos,, due to state creation of 1975 3 villages of the Egbema clan were joined to Rivers State while about 9 remained in Imo state, if the 9 that remained in Imo are Igbos, why not the 3 that joined Rivers state
Enough of all this rubbish, Igbos dominate Rivers State since de creation of Bayelsa,, they have about 9 LGAs in Delta state, we have igbos in cross river state too.(kalu Agabi , the former attirney general of the federation is from C.River)
For me,, Sir Peter Odili and his co igbo brothers that were ceeded to Rivers state inorder not to make the Bulk of the Oil of that region to remain in a core igbo state like Imo state know that.
Lets put an end to this, I was born in Obigbo, a town in Rivers State and all the Goats and sheep in the town speaks nothing but Igbo,, ,
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
panalyst usually I will trade words with you, but as an educated and a civilize man, I decline to comment or address your issues. I am more knowledgeable on police affairs more than you can comprehend. I am not a kin to OBJ in any way, I am self made and don't need contracts to ball. peace
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by panalyst(m): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2007
by organising Nigerian reunions, ? grin

Well all of a sudden, u seem to have grown calm, ALL i ask is if i specify or signify who i'm talking to, its better to jus stay out of it. Let the person i am addressing respond to me. this is all i ask. Being an educated and civilised man, you should know not to butt in when u r not invited.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2007
panalyst you still talking? boy you need to get laid and stop paying attention to me, grin grin
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by adconline(m): 5:08am On Jun 06, 2007
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by jenny2007(f): 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2007
Quote: ''Onovo was said to have lost out in the last minute when powerful forces were said to have argued that giving such a sensitive position of the number one security organization to an Igbo man, could be dangerous''.

angryWhat da hell is all this I don't understand what Ehindero said when he stated that he is ''not allowed'' to hand over to his deputy, Onovo. These people are just trying to be sure that they'll be secure from the exposure of their corrupt secrets, especially during the past elections. Ehindero is supposed to be prosecuted by the EFFC (where is that Ribadu sef) cos i'm sure that he has collected much more money than Tafa Balogun. I am an Ibo and it is a shame when there is so much tribalisms and bias made towards Ndigbos. We are supposed to be one Nigeria isn't it, so y then discriminate becos of culture. Mike Okiro is not really ibo in my opinion, and why should he be promoted to that position when the other Senior Police Officer could have taken the responsibility.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by ishmael(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2007
For those saying ikwerres are igbos it's not true. Ikwerre's in Rivers state are not igbos just like the ukwani's in delta state. Simply because they understand ibo language does not make them igbos. Or do you call Nupe people and Gwari people in Niger state hausas?? because they speak and understand hausa language. Do you call Langtang and Birom people in plateau state hausas?? Dey understand and speak hausa language very well. Please Ikwerres are not igbos. Onovo is from Rivers state and is not an igbo man. Or will you also call Air Mshl Paul Dike, the Chief of Air Staff Igbo??
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2007
Can I ask all you people here saying River state is not IGBO. what is the difference between someone from OYO< ONDO AND OGUN STATE? they are all Yoruba people, what is the difference between people from KADUNA, KANO, AND SOKOTO ?
They are all HAUSA'S. You guys from the SO CALLED IGBO SPEAKING AREA can't even unite or come together as one and yet you want Nigerians to entrust you with the right to police the nation? not until you guys come together as one and resolve all your tribal differences, we will always exclude you from vital post.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by ishmael(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Can I ask all you people here saying River state is not IGBO. what is the difference between someone from OYO< ONDO AND OGUN STATE? they are all Yoruba people, what is the difference between people from KADUNA, KANO, AND SOKOTO ?
They are all HAUSA'S. You guys from the SO CALLED IGBO SPEAKING AREA can't even unite or come together as one and yet you want Nigerians to entrust you with the right to police the nation? not until you guys come together as one and resolve all your tribal differences, we will always exclude you from vital post.

You are not correct Bros. Most people in kaduna state especially the southern part of kaduna are not hausas. They have Jaba where the former CDS Martin-Luther Agwai hails from, kataf where Gen Zamani Lekwot hails from, Kagoro, where Esther Nenadi Usman hails from. There is a wide difference between the hausas and them both in tradition, custom, culture and religious beliefs. The Gwaris are also there in Kaduna. That was why i asked if Nupe, Gwari, Langtang and Birom people are hausas?? They speak and understand hausa language but that does nt make them hausas. We will only be naive to call them hausas. Kano and sokoto states are purely hausas and fulanis. Rivers state is not an igbo state please.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2007
forget about the local government, go to any Yoruba state you will have people who speak Yoruba and have other local dialects and customs. there are three national recognize tribes in Nigeria, YORUBA IGBO AND HAUSA.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by ishmael(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

forget about the local government, go to any Yoruba state you will have people who speak Yoruba and have other local dialects and customs. there are three national recognize tribes in Nigeria, YORUBA IGBO AND HAUSA.

If you go by that you would be getting things wrong the more because you will call Ijaw, Ogoni, Efik, Ibibio, and Ogoja Ibos. Then Bini, Ishan, Auchi, Urhobo, Isoko, Itshekiri will be Yorubas. Idoma, Igala, Tiv, Ebira, Kabba, Jukun etc. will be hausa.  Bros e no go fit work that way. That one na pre-independence classification, that was why they had to create a Mid-west region in the 1960's to remove Bini, Urhobo and others from Western region.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Mamajama(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2007
Either way, when you talk of Nigerians to anyone outside Nigeria, they will always asked you are you IGBO, Yoruba or Hausa? end of story

we need to stop this useless ethnicity that is destroying Nigeria. It's amazing how people want a change in police force and transparency. Yet we have people lobbying to convince the president on who should lead the force. why can't we let the president do his mandatory job. elect people that he feel can do the job and be accountable for his actions?
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by ishmael(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Either way, when you talk of Nigerians to anyone outside Nigeria, they will always asked you are you IGBO, Yoruba or Hausa? end of story

we need to stop this useless ethnicity that is destroying Nigeria. It's amazing how people want a change in police force and transparency. Yet we have people lobbying to convince the president on who should lead the force. why can't we let the president do his mandatory job. elect people that he feel can do the job and be accountable for his actions?

Bros no be we cause am. Now Nigeria is divided into 6 Geo-politcal zones, and every zone wants to produce the president or senate president or IGP or CDS or chief of Army staff or chief of Naval staff or chief Air staff.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by mohadana: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
yawn,people recognize nigeria period,its not because you are ibo ,yoruba or hausa. lipsrsealed
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by ishmael(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2007
mohadana:

yawn,people recognize nigeria period,its not because you are ibo ,yoruba or hausa. lipsrsealed

OBJ created the geo-political zones. so every zone wants to be represented at the top.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 07, 2007
@Ishmael

WTF are you talking about?. . .Shut up if you don't know instead of talking out of your ass. I suppose the name "Dike" sounds Hausa to you, idiot. Incase you didn't know, Ndonis/Egbemas are basically in between Imo and Rivers, you have some members of the clan in Imo and the rest in Rivers. What suddenly makes one Igbo and the other not? because you said so? Ukwani isn't Igbo, I wonder what language that is to you?. . .Rubbish! Okiro isn't Ikwerre, he's from Ndoni/Egbema.

My grandma is from Delta State and she's nothing other than Igbo and so is everyone across the Niger from Onitsha upto Umunede/Agbor. Igbos have natives in 7 states of the federation, Rivers/Delta/Anambra/Abia/Enugu/Ebonyi/Imo.

If you speak Igbo where you come from, you're Igbo and there's no two ways about it because in the end, the language is basically the only thing ALL Igbos have in common. Cultures differ across the spectrum, so does ANCESTRY and political organization. The language is the identity of all Igbos!
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Biafralord(m): 6:35am On Jun 07, 2007
Petty on Nigeria!!! Egbema LG in Rivers State is part of the Egbemma sub-group of the Igbo nation which was partially carved out of Igboland during the biafra war and given to Rivers State in order to deplete Igboland of oil. Politics!!!!! Okiro is a typical Igboman OK!!!!! kai!!! The so called igbo haters think there're no igbos in the south-south. We have a very significant population in the south-south even if you exclude the ikwerres. igbo haters, when you appoint south-southerners, do a little research to make sure they're not Igbos cheesy

Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by chrisokw: 8:51am On Jun 07, 2007
Much ado about Okiro

Thursday, June 07, 2007 People and Politics
Ochereome Nnanna

ON Wednesday, May 30th 2007, former Inspector General of Police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero, was ordered to hand over his post to the “next most senior” Deputy Inspector General. From records, it became clear that Mr. Ogbonnaya Onovo, the DIG in charge of Administration, was that person. But, by Friday that same week when Ehindero formally said goodbye to the Force, the formal instruction was that he should hand over to Mr. Mike Mbama Okiro, the DIG in charge of Operations.

This move ruffled quite a few feathers within the system. Some thought that the new regime of President Umar Yar’Adua, in making the decision, “bypassed an Igbo man” and gave the coveted position to someone from Rivers State. While some speculated that it was part of the administration’s continued effort to woo the South South and encourage the cessation of violence in the Niger Delta, others felt that the new leaders were continuing former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s perceived marginalisation of the South- East. Some even concluded that Obasanjo must have been behind the move.

LET me remark here that this mess was avoidable. Rather than ask Ehindero to hand over to the next senior officer, he should have been told to hand over to Okiro. Even though some people might still have grumbled that the bypass of Onovo was politically fishy, they would have recognised the President’s prerogative of making such appointments. Past Heads of State had tended to appoint their tribesmen to key security positions, including the post of IGP. In fact, it was the vogue to ensure that the service chiefs and key administration officials were from the tribe or region of the Head of State, perhaps, because it gave them a sense of security.

Many top officers in the forces were often retired to give way to the anointed ones. Even Obasanjo made sure that all three Police IG’s who served during the eight years of his regime were Yoruba, and retirements had to be conducted in 1999 to create room for this. When EFCC Chairman, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, was being touted as Ehindero’s successor, the stage seemed set for another round of retirements of top cops. It is, therefore, pleasantly surprising that (at least so far) the new regime is toeing former President Shehu Shagari’s line in giving the post to a competent policeman and not insisting that he must come from his geopolitical area. If this trend is continued in all areas of security and administration appoint-ments, people will no longer feel that their parts of the country are being kept out of the scheme of things.

It is important for us also to dispel the impression that Okiro getting it instead of Onovo amounts to the Igbo being bypassed. Even though some have speculated, in the past, that Okiro is Ijaw, the truth is that he is of Igbo stock.

He comes from Egbema, which was in the Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta Local Govern-ment Area of the old East Central State (ECS). When new states were created in 1976 by the government of General Murtala Mohammed, Egbema was part of the newly created Imo State. It was during the boundary adjustment exercise that followed that Egbema, an oil-producing area, was shifted into Rivers State, an action that some Igbo leaders, such as the late Chief Sam Mbakwe, felt was aimed at depleting Imo of its oil producing status.

Besides, Igbo-speaking people in Rivers and Delta are as Igbo as any other Igbo, just as Yoruba in Kogi and Kwara are Yoruba and Ijaw in Rivers and Delta are Ijaw. The boundaries that separate people are just artificial. Let people learn from the lessons of recent history. Former Rivers State Governor, Dr. Peter Odili, used to pride himself as a “Rivers man”, as if Rivers State is a tribe. But, as soon as he embraced the presidential race and looked like a real prospect, some Ijaw leaders, such as Chief Edwin Clark, started telling the world that Odili is an Igbo man, and that the agitation for a South- South president of Nigeria was not meant for an Igbo man masquerading as South Southerner! So, Okiro remains the first Igbo man ever to be appointed as the Inspector General of Police, for whatever it is worth.

On a more serious note, it does not really matter where the Police IG comes from. That he comes from a tribe does not prevent him from doing the bidding of his appointers neither does it propel him to carry out an obvious ethnic agenda. In fact, the best person to be used against a tribe or religion is a member of that tribe or religion. All three IGP’s under Obasanjo were Yoruba, and, yet, till date, the real killers of Chief Bola Ige are yet to be exposed.

WHAT we know about Okiro, from his exploits as the Commissioner of Police in Lagos State, is that he is a tough crime fighter who does his job without creating undue political mess. He put area boys and the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) in check in 1999 to 2001 without creating the impression that he was on an ethnic witch hunt. Okiro is also very media friendly, having come from the background of a student activist in his university days.

It is now left for him to show Nigerians the stuff he is made of. The way Okiro makes his bed as Police IG is the way he will lie down on it!
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by ishmael(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2007
@Donzman

your papa and mama na idiots, thats why you know who an diot is. Obori like you. Rivers state is my state; you, where are you from?? Is it me that you want to tell about the Ndonis and Egbemas?? you must be out of your mind. Did they tell you they were ibos?? Because of oil una wan claim brodas with Rivers people; e no go work. Okiro is from Rivers state and is not an ibo man simple.
Re: Okiro Now Police Ig by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2007
Rivers state is your state, so Bleep what?. . .They don't need to tell me they're Igbos, they've been Igbos since thy kingdom come, idiot.

Because of oil una wan claim brodas with Rivers people; e no go work. Okiro is from Rivers state and is not an ibo man simple.

Nobody is claiming brothers with Rivers people. . .Egbemas/Ndonis are Igbos ,just like Nnewi people, Nsukka people, Asaba people, Owerri people, Mbaise people, Ohafia people. Stop being a clown!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP / Controversial Pension Thief Judge, Talba Suspended For One Year / EFCC Discover Another 50 Million Dollars In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.