Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,882 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu (1140 Views)

Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / (read) Best Nysc Camp Moments In Delta State Camp By Emmerich09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu by cooltobex(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
Have you been called up for your National Youth Service, or you'll be called up soon? Cool. I prepared this specially for you.

If you read through to the end, not only will you discover some INTERESTING WAYS to MAXIMISE and ENJOY YOUR THREE WEEKS in NYSC Camp, you'll also find some MIND BLOWING FREE stuff that you will really like.

Here's some ways to MAXIMISE and ENJOY Orientation Camp...

1. NETWORK FREELY AND INTENTIONALLY

If you really want to maximise your time in orientation camp, I'll suggest you connect freely with other corps members - both within and outside your platoon!

See, forget what you were before you arrived in camp, or during your University or Polytechnic days...

You schooled abroad? Nice, but set that aside for now...

You finished as the Best Graduating Student in your department, faculty, or the entire school? Bravo! But forget it for now...

You were Student Union president back in school? Thumbs up! But for now it doesn't matter...

You were Campus Fellowship President or an executive? Cool! But leave that one first...

Or you feel you're older than everyone around and they're behaving like "children"? Bros, leave that matter. Aunty, forget age, and connect...
Forget levels...
Forget titles...
Forget status...
Forget achievements...

Come off your high horse...and connect and network freely with other corps members.

You never know who you might in the course of it.
Who knows? You could meet:
A future business partner,
A lifelong friend,
A future boss (who could hire you without much stress!),
A trusted employee (someone who could revolutionise your company),
Or even your future wifey or hubby!

So, while you're in camp, abeg, connect with folks as much as you can.

And of course, do it with sense.
Be responsible while you're at it.

2. FIND AND JOIN A CDS GROUP THAT ALIGNS WITH YOUR PASSION(S)

As you know, NYSC is a call to serve humanity, and CDS (Community Development Service) is one major vehicle to achieve that.

You will be introduced to the whole idea of CDS in the course of your three-week Orientation in camp; so, look out for that.

For me, the CDS group that really aligned with my passions...that really tugged at my heart...that I really connected with deeply in camp was Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) & Life Planning CDS Group (there were others but this really stood out).

What it's about?

We basically teach and mentor young people (particularly in secondary schools) on responsible sexual behaviour, anchored on the principles of Abstinence from sexual activities, Faithfulness to one's partner and the Correct and Consistent use of contraception where necessary.

Not only that, we teach young people life planning skills such as goal setting, decision making and assertiveness, as well as negotiation skills, refusal skills and lots more. You might want to join us...

However, there are other CDS groups you would find that might align with your passion...among them we have ENGIN - which focuses on empowering the girl child; there's also Drink IQ, Anti-drugs abuse group, Red Cross, and a host of others. Do refer to your CDS handbook for more info.

3. DO NOT FORSAKE THE GATHERING OF THE BRETHREN

So, at this point I'm wearing my Jesus-tinted glasses (I always have them on anyways), and thus this may apply more to Christians and Church folks than others, but still, do make sure you fellowship while you're in camp!

NCCF - Nigerian Christian Corpers' Fellowship, has presence across the country, and hold services everyday. Yep, everyday until you leave camp! You really have no excuse not to fellowship.
Do join other members of the household of faith, and worship, evangelise and replicate God's kingdom right there in camp.

And don't just attend services and head back to the comfort of your bunk afterwards, nah! Not cool. Join a unit and use your time, skills, talents, energy and experience to the glory of God and perfecting of the saints!

4. SHINE YOUR EYES FOR OPPORTUNITIES AND GRAB THEM!

I'm not sure how much this applies to all states across the country (I camped in Lagos), but there'll be quite a lot of organisations visiting you in camp to introduce various opportunities to you so shine your eyes!

These opportunities offer the chance for personal, financial, and/or career/professional growth. You should look out for them.

In camp, we had oranisations like Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM), Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Professionals, among others; as well as other NYSC-SAED partner organisations visit during orientation.

Watch out for all the opportunities they offer, and see which ones can help you accomplish your vision and goals, and make sure you take advantage of them.

For me, I grabbed one, that is the Google Digital Skills for Africa Digital Marketing Training; you might want to consider that.

5. GET INVOLVED IN INTER-PLATOON ACTIVITIES AND COMPETITIONS

You must have heard by now that you'll be having some inter-platoon competitions. To enjoy camp, participate in them.

There'll be contests in drama (stage play), traditional dance, cooking, sports (football for the guys and volleyball for the gals), and the most anticipated one - the Cultural Festival. It's one of the highlights of life in NYSC camp!

You should also have inter-platoon drills competition (marching parade), which I personally took part in and we finished third (shebi we try?).

Others are Mr Macho, Miss NYSC, Business Plan Writing competition, and quiz (we even had Cold Stone Ice Cream competition! For real).

Along with NCCF services, participating in inter-platoon activities were a major highlight of my time in camp.
So, dive fully into as many events as you can; and while you're at it...

In all, make sure you have fun!
Yes, have fun! Enjoy the experience to the fullest!

See, this orientation camp is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so by all means have fun!

Have fun as you connect and network with other corps members...

Have fun as you fellowship with other brethren of the household of faith...

Have fun as you join and participate in a CDS group that aligns with your passion...

Have fun as you participate in inter-platoon activities...

Have fun during your early morning drills (yeah, I know it can be tiring)...

Have fun as you eat kitchen food (forget maami food! Kitchen food issa goal! Looool)...

Have fun everywhere you go - your room, maami market, fellowship, kitchen, parade ground...everywhere and anywhere!

Whatever you do, have fun doing it! Enjoy it! Before you know it, the three weeks will be over.

Take selfies! Snap plenty if possible! (If they are your thing).

Take groupies (group selfies)!
Experience the best moments, and, as much as possible, capture them!

Have fun. But, of course, be responsible at it.
Do it with sense.
========
DID YOU ENJOY THIS?

Wait till you get your hands on my ebook and discover even more interesting ways to MAXIMISE and ENJOY your three weeks in NYSC Camp.

It's a guide for Smart Corpers to help them have a splendid and productive time in Orientation Camp. A copy goes for just N1,000, and you get these wonderful bonuses if you order a copy:

☑️ FREE Cover Letter Template for applying for jobs (application letters are the past);

☑️ FREE Professional CV Template;

☑️ FREE Guide on How To Get A Job In 30 Days (completely practical and effective. Absolutely no BS!);

☑️ Plus, 2 FREE ebooks on improving your personal productivity, and achieve your goals.

To get a copy, reach me on: 07086303059 via WhatsApp.

Cheers.
©️ Michael Tobechukwu
Productivity Guru | Copywriter | Chief Wisdom Officer

2 Likes

Re: How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu by Girlieo(f): 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
Waoh, nice write up. This will surely help
Thank you
Re: How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu by Narnah(f): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2020
Thank you
Re: How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu by princejayy(m): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nice
Re: How To Maximise And Enjoy Your Three Weeks In NYSC Camp By Michael Tobechukwu by AEGbadebo: 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
cooltobex:
Have you been called up for your National Youth Service, or you'll be called up soon? Cool. I prepared this specially for you.

If you read through to the end, not only will you discover some INTERESTING WAYS to MAXIMISE and ENJOY YOUR THREE WEEKS in NYSC Camp, you'll also find some MIND BLOWING FREE stuff that you will really like.

Here's some ways to MAXIMISE and ENJOY Orientation Camp...

1. NETWORK FREELY AND INTENTIONALLY

If you really want to maximise your time in orientation camp, I'll suggest you connect freely with other corps members - both within and outside your platoon!

See, forget what you were before you arrived in camp, or during your University or Polytechnic days...

You schooled abroad? Nice, but set that aside for now...

You finished as the Best Graduating Student in your department, faculty, or the entire school? Bravo! But forget it for now...

You were Student Union president back in school? Thumbs up! But for now it doesn't matter...

You were Campus Fellowship President or an executive? Cool! But leave that one first...

Or you feel you're older than everyone around and they're behaving like "children"? Bros, leave that matter. Aunty, forget age, and connect...
Forget levels...
Forget titles...
Forget status...
Forget achievements...

Come off your high horse...and connect and network freely with other corps members.

You never know who you might in the course of it.
Who knows? You could meet:
A future business partner,
A lifelong friend,
A future boss (who could hire you without much stress!),
A trusted employee (someone who could revolutionise your company),
Or even your future wifey or hubby!

So, while you're in camp, abeg, connect with folks as much as you can.

And of course, do it with sense.
Be responsible while you're at it.

2. FIND AND JOIN A CDS GROUP THAT ALIGNS WITH YOUR PASSION(S)

As you know, NYSC is a call to serve humanity, and CDS (Community Development Service) is one major vehicle to achieve that.

You will be introduced to the whole idea of CDS in the course of your three-week Orientation in camp; so, look out for that.

For me, the CDS group that really aligned with my passions...that really tugged at my heart...that I really connected with deeply in camp was Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) & Life Planning CDS Group (there were others but this really stood out).

What it's about?

We basically teach and mentor young people (particularly in secondary schools) on responsible sexual behaviour, anchored on the principles of Abstinence from sexual activities, Faithfulness to one's partner and the Correct and Consistent use of contraception where necessary.

Not only that, we teach young people life planning skills such as goal setting, decision making and assertiveness, as well as negotiation skills, refusal skills and lots more. You might want to join us...

However, there are other CDS groups you would find that might align with your passion...among them we have ENGIN - which focuses on empowering the girl child; there's also Drink IQ, Anti-drugs abuse group, Red Cross, and a host of others. Do refer to your CDS handbook for more info.

3. DO NOT FORSAKE THE GATHERING OF THE BRETHREN

So, at this point I'm wearing my Jesus-tinted glasses (I always have them on anyways), and thus this may apply more to Christians and Church folks than others, but still, do make sure you fellowship while you're in camp!

NCCF - Nigerian Christian Corpers' Fellowship, has presence across the country, and hold services everyday. Yep, everyday until you leave camp! You really have no excuse not to fellowship.
Do join other members of the household of faith, and worship, evangelise and replicate God's kingdom right there in camp.

And don't just attend services and head back to the comfort of your bunk afterwards, nah! Not cool. Join a unit and use your time, skills, talents, energy and experience to the glory of God and perfecting of the saints!

4. SHINE YOUR EYES FOR OPPORTUNITIES AND GRAB THEM!

I'm not sure how much this applies to all states across the country (I camped in Lagos), but there'll be quite a lot of organisations visiting you in camp to introduce various opportunities to you so shine your eyes!

These opportunities offer the chance for personal, financial, and/or career/professional growth. You should look out for them.

In camp, we had oranisations like Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM), Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Professionals, among others; as well as other NYSC-SAED partner organisations visit during orientation.

Watch out for all the opportunities they offer, and see which ones can help you accomplish your vision and goals, and make sure you take advantage of them.

For me, I grabbed one, that is the Google Digital Skills for Africa Digital Marketing Training; you might want to consider that.

5. GET INVOLVED IN INTER-PLATOON ACTIVITIES AND COMPETITIONS

You must have heard by now that you'll be having some inter-platoon competitions. To enjoy camp, participate in them.

There'll be contests in drama (stage play), traditional dance, cooking, sports (football for the guys and volleyball for the gals), and the most anticipated one - the Cultural Festival. It's one of the highlights of life in NYSC camp!

You should also have inter-platoon drills competition (marching parade), which I personally took part in and we finished third (shebi we try?).

Others are Mr Macho, Miss NYSC, Business Plan Writing competition, and quiz (we even had Cold Stone Ice Cream competition! For real).

Along with NCCF services, participating in inter-platoon activities were a major highlight of my time in camp.
So, dive fully into as many events as you can; and while you're at it...

In all, make sure you have fun!
Yes, have fun! Enjoy the experience to the fullest!

See, this orientation camp is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so by all means have fun!

Have fun as you connect and network with other corps members...

Have fun as you fellowship with other brethren of the household of faith...

Have fun as you join and participate in a CDS group that aligns with your passion...

Have fun as you participate in inter-platoon activities...

Have fun during your early morning drills (yeah, I know it can be tiring)...

Have fun as you eat kitchen food (forget maami food! Kitchen food issa goal! Looool)...

Have fun everywhere you go - your room, maami market, fellowship, kitchen, parade ground...everywhere and anywhere!

Whatever you do, have fun doing it! Enjoy it! Before you know it, the three weeks will be over.

Take selfies! Snap plenty if possible! (If they are your thing).

Take groupies (group selfies)!
Experience the best moments, and, as much as possible, capture them!

Have fun. But, of course, be responsible at it.
Do it with sense.
========
DID YOU ENJOY THIS?

Wait till you get your hands on my ebook and discover even more interesting ways to MAXIMISE and ENJOY your three weeks in NYSC Camp.

It's a guide for Smart Corpers to help them have a splendid and productive time in Orientation Camp. A copy goes for just N1,000, and you get these wonderful bonuses if you order a copy:

☑️ FREE Cover Letter Template for applying for jobs (application letters are the past);

☑️ FREE Professional CV Template;

☑️ FREE Guide on How To Get A Job In 30 Days (completely practical and effective. Absolutely no BS!);

☑️ Plus, 2 FREE ebooks on improving your personal productivity, and achieve your goals.

To get a copy, reach me on: 07086303059 via WhatsApp.

Cheers.
©️ Michael Tobechukwu
Productivity Guru | Copywriter | Chief Wisdom Officer

Thanks for this!

I'll need the ebook but will chat you up when ready!

Thanks..

(1) (Reply)

Make Up To 12k Every Week With Just A One Time 500# Payment / How Do Corpers Survive With 33k In This Hard Economy? / NYSC Batch C 2014 Online Registration, Print Call-up Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.