Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment (3092 Views)

Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m / 5 Ways To Gain A Job Experience Before Your First Job / Stanbic IBTC Bank Private Banker Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by SW2019: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lagos State police have arrested a 26-year-old banker for using a forged West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and Lagos State University (LASU) statement of result to secure employment with a commercial bank in Lagos.

The suspect had paraded himself as a degree holder in marketing with Second Class, Upper Division, before his arrest.

He was also said to have tendered a forged National Youth Service Corps discharge certificate and a reference letter to the bank. He claimed to have obtained the letter from another bank, his purported former workplace.

It was gathered that the fraudulent act was discovered after the management sent a letter to the bank to verify the genuineness of the reference letter. The bank was said to have denied knowledge of the banker and the letter.

The discovery prompted the bank to write West African Examinations Council and LASU, which also disclaimed the results.

The suspect reportedly confessed stating, “I am actually a National Diploma holder. I secured the fake WASCE and LASU results, using a search engine and CorelDraw application. I scanned an NYSC certificate and used some applications to edit it. I did it in order to put an end to the suffering of my poor family. I am the only son of my father. I want the authority to be compassionate with my case. I was only trying to live a better life.”

Takeaways:

Background check is a subtle approach towards fraud prevention. Some applicants come into an organization by hook or by crook means; using various methods to beat the system. Here are some key lessons from this case:

• The competition for few available jobs in Nigeria is very intense, some applicants will embellish their results and CV to appear more suitable for the job.

• Companies should imbibe fraud preventive strategies by conducting thorough pre/post-employment background checks on all prospective employees

• With simple certificate verification, this crime would have been discovered, unfortunately, this bank only conducted this verification nearly two years after he was employed. Background checks should be done periodically, especially at the point of entry into any organisation

• The suspect is a potential threat because if he can forge credentials, he can also forge other documents to commit fraud.

• He deliberately forged letter of recommendation, and other certificate to facilitate easy entry into the company.

• Pre-employment background check would have discovered this forgery.

• If background check is part of the employment policy in the Financial Institutions, many of the in-house aided fraud and sometimes robbery could have been avoided

Over the years, Avant Halogen has shown the possession of the required expertise and experience to conduct thorough background check on prospective employees.

Contact Avant Halogen via email at info@avanthalogen.com,
Telephone Number: 08037229977,09062423912
Think Safety, Think Avant Halogen!
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by xcabczyxabczzzz: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
Him get skills to forged all those document, no be to open shop or look for employment as a graphic designer. Abi him just want dey boast say him be banker.

1 Like

Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by BennyDGreat: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Na wa ooo
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by sofiscatedmoron: 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
Afonja muslims,, na dem dem
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by rexchazy(m): 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
He is fool not to know that He will be exposed one day. Greed allowed him worked for two years and not gather the money to pusue a degree
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by prophetic69(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
Fake news just to advertise....
Name and foto, or location
....scam

5 Likes

Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by dogtails(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
SW2019:
Lagos State police have arrested a 26-year-old banker for using a forged West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and Lagos State University (LASU) statement of result to secure employment with a commercial bank in Lagos.

The suspect had paraded himself as a degree holder in marketing with Second Class, Upper Division, before his arrest.

He was also said to have tendered a forged National Youth Service Corps discharge certificate and a reference letter to the bank. He claimed to have obtained the letter from another bank, his purported former workplace.

It was gathered that the fraudulent act was discovered after the management sent a letter to the bank to verify the genuineness of the reference letter. The bank was said to have denied knowledge of the banker and the letter.

The discovery prompted the bank to write West African Examinations Council and LASU, which also disclaimed the results.

The suspect reportedly confessed stating, “I am actually a National Diploma holder. I secured the fake WASCE and LASU results, using a search engine and CorelDraw application. I scanned an NYSC certificate and used some applications to edit it. I did it in order to put an end to the suffering of my poor family. I am the only son of my father. I want the authority to be compassionate with my case. I was only trying to live a better life.”

Takeaways:

Background check is a subtle approach towards fraud prevention. Some applicants come into an organization by hook or by crook means; using various methods to beat the system. Here are some key lessons from this case:

• The competition for few available jobs in Nigeria is very intense, some applicants will embellish their results and CV to appear more suitable for the job.

• Companies should imbibe fraud preventive strategies by conducting thorough pre/post-employment background checks on all prospective employees

• With simple certificate verification, this crime would have been discovered, unfortunately, this bank only conducted this verification nearly two years after he was employed. Background checks should be done periodically, especially at the point of entry into any organisation

• The suspect is a potential threat because if he can forge credentials, he can also forge other documents to commit fraud.

• He deliberately forged letter of recommendation, and other certificate to facilitate easy entry into the company.

• Pre-employment background check would have discovered this forgery.

• If background check is part of the employment policy in the Financial Institutions, many of the in-house aided fraud and sometimes robbery could have been avoided

Over the years, Avant Halogen has shown the possession of the required expertise and experience to conduct thorough background check on prospective employees.

Contact Avant Halogen via email at info@avanthalogen.com,
Telephone Number: 08037229977,09062423912
Think Safety, Think Avant Halogen!
Oga shut up your dirty mouth

1 Like

Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by MadelnNigeria: 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
prophetic69:
Fake news just to advertise....
Name and foto, or location
....scam
I tell you... OP naa the biggest scam. Look at how he crafted the story so well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by Churchill6767: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
FAKE... �
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by holyboss1: 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
Read my signature
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by ehmmy11(m): 12:43am On Feb 25, 2020
I like how nlders quickly saw your pathetic scam story

Chop ur "L"

3 Likes

Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by BlueRayDick: 6:21am On Feb 25, 2020
What nonesense clock and bull story is this?

If u had stopped Ur story at the point where they purportedly contact the former bank and he was denied, Ur story may have sounded believable.

Going forward to add sugar, honey and sweeteners to Ur story made it sound like something dragged out of Ur black as.s. So a bank that has already confirmed u forged a reference letter will still waste it's time and resources writing WAEC and LASU again? You must have a faint idea about the level of bereaucracy in WAEC to think they will respond to the bank's request almost immediately and same.applies to LASU angry

Imagine u trying to sell a service that discourages forgery and u are here forging a story that never happened just to sell the service. You played urself bro grin

2 Likes

Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by Villagemeat: 7:19am On Feb 25, 2020
The most useless recruitment agency. Just bring fake news,to advertise rubbish. Idiot
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by Techdra: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2020
That's smart OP. At least you had an objective in mind. Unlike some fraudsters, scammers and p*rn posters who don't have future.

#Stay_Real...
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by SW2019: 11:59am On Feb 25, 2020
if you think this story is fake news. this is link to the story -https://www.bellanaija.com/2015/10/lagos-banker-arrested-for-using-forged-wasce-university-results-to-gain-employment/
BlueRayDick:
What nonesense clock and bull story is this?

If u had stopped Ur story at the point where they purportedly contact the former bank and he was denied, Ur story may have sounded believable.

Going forward to add sugar, honey and sweeteners to Ur story made it sound like something dragged out of Ur black as.s. So a bank that has already confirmed u forged a reference letter will still waste it's time and resources writing WAEC and LASU again? You must have a faint idea about the level of bereaucracy in WAEC to think they will respond to the bank's request almost immediately and same.applies to LASU angry

Imagine u trying to sell a service that discourages forgery and u are here forging a story that never happened just to sell the service. You played urself bro grin
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by SW2019: 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
hello what have they done to you, this is link to the story.It is not fake news bro-https://www.bellanaija.com/2015/10/lagos-banker-arrested-for-using-forged-wasce-university-results-to-gain-employment/
Villagemeat:
The most useless recruitment agency. Just bring fake news,to advertise rubbish. Idiot
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by vezycash(m): 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
If it's not a crime when deputy governor does it. It should be a crime when a banker does it.
Re: Banker Arrested For Using Forged WASSCE & University Results To Gain Employment by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
BlueRayDick:
What nonesense clock and bull story is this?...

Going forward to add sugar, honey and sweeteners to Ur story made it sound like something dragged out of Ur black as.s...

LOL

Now that sounds tasty for sure...

(1) (Reply)

Human Resource And Recruitment Services / Galaxy Backbone Abuja / Marketing Job For IT Students, OND & SSCE In Aba Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.