Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

I Survived - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Survived (399 Views)

If My Husband And I Survived This Year.... / Army Officer Who Survived Peace Keeping Mission, Killed By Armed Bandits. Photos / NURTW Member Who Survived Attack From Serial Assassin Goes For Thanksgiving.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Survived by suaveBrother(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
Last year in Itire, Surulere, Lagos. During September 20l9, I and two of my colleagues were coming back from work, we’ve been paid our wage for the day; I left them to follow a shortcut to my apartment (because it was a little late, 10:15pm) which I have always followed since my employment. The road was very narrow because it had rained that day and everywhere was dark and quiet on like usual.
On getting closer to a wooden bridge (10:25pm) that residents used to cross a canal that connected to the route of my destination, I heard someone shouting something in Yoruba language and was running towards me. I turned back to process what was going on, but suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my head, he had used a stone to hit me (It happened so fast).
Staggering with the pain and running to my right-hand direction, he called on someone’s name (his accomplice) that was in an inconspicuous position; he came out and blocked my movement. Without thinking, desperately I jumped inside the canal pulling on dirt, gasping and calling on God’s help in my mind while trying to reach the other side of the canal, they could not follow me, and instead they called on their accomplice on the other side. I heard a car engine start and it moved and shown its dashboard light in my direction, and stopped, someone came out from it. Somehow I managed to get to the other side and slowly climbed a pavement that demarcated the water in carnal and the land.
The two guys from the bridge where running towards me, and the man that got out of the car was coming towards me too. I ran quickly, passed the man from the car (how I outran him I could not tell). I ran towards a main road while they chased after me. There were many people present on the road so they ran back. I called a bike man (10:29pm) and he took me home.
I was soaked and covered in dirt and filth, felt pain and had fractured my hand and had injury on my head (there was blood flowing), my phone was soaked in water, I had lost my sneakers in the canal, but these did not matter, Somehow, I survived.
Standing at the gate. I looked at my watch it was 10:40pm. There was no electricity, I went to my apartment, took a shower and slept off (nothing else mattered).

LESSON
1. Never work on narrow and quiet road in the dark.
2. Always be in the company of people when moving late at night.
3. Minimize the amount of expensive devices you hold or adornment your wear at night.
4. Take a little device for light protection e.g. pepper spray, Taser (this is more effective) etc.
5. When attacked always watch out for your head, eyes and genital area.
6. When cornered by more than one person (as they operate in groups) try to talk your way out by co-operating with was they want (for females if they want sex, offer something else e.g. money etc.), never retaliate when slapped or punched (especially for guys).

What was your survival experience? Please share.
Re: I Survived by chatinent: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
The first time I was posted to Biu, Borno state (2017) and had to survive ambushes by the BH boys. Funnily enough, on one occasion, the BH were attacking Bama vicinity which was a stone throw and did away with many people. In short, all was history.
Re: I Survived by johnkey: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hmmm 2013 ilara mokin ondo state, had serious fever, phone was dead, wanted to call ma to send money, had to go charge at one bar on the other side of town, I entered bar, sitting in a corner was a chubby man with a busty ilara girl, i ordered for one chilled Smirnoff, I plugged my phone charging while trying to hide my fever, one sip of the drink and I started vomiting uncontrollably, stupid barman had to send me out after I was there screaming for water cause my eyes got cloudy like I was seeing 1000 stars and felt like I was going to die, chubby dude sat there sipping his Star beer not giving a fvck, left my stuffs in the bar and had to find my way out of the bar to the road screaming for someone to help me to the hospital, these old village women were literally laughing at me and saying stuffs like I'm drunk or something when I was begging for someone to take me to the hospital, people were gathering when I got to the heart of the town that's when I heard Sunday my neighbour's saying he knows me and I don't drink, dude was about to leave with others when I gathered up strength and hit him hard in the face before they put me on one lagata to the hospital, funny enough by the time fresh air hit me on the bike I felt a little bit okay, on getting to the hospital had to wait for doctor for 30 minutes, dude entered with smile, guess who the doctor was... the chubby guy from the bar. That was my first close shave with death and it taught me a very valuable lesson.
Re: I Survived by suaveBrother(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
chatinent:
The first time I was posted to Biu, Borno state (2017) and had to survive ambushes by the BH boys. Funnily enough, on one occasion, the BH were attacking Bama vicinity which was a stone throw and did away with many people. In short, all was history.

This makes me wonder if survival should be a skill
Re: I Survived by suaveBrother(m): 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
johnkey:
Hmmm 2013 ilara mokin ondo state, had serious fever, phone was dead, wanted to call ma to send money, had to go charge at one bar on the other side of town, I entered bar, sitting in a corner was a chubby man with a busty ilara girl, i ordered for one chilled Smirnoff, I plugged my phone charging while trying to hide my fever, one sip of the drink and I started vomiting uncontrollably, stupid barman had to send me out after I was there screaming for water cause my eyes got cloudy like I was seeing 1000 stars and felt like I was going to die, chubby dude sat there sipping his Star beer not giving a fvck, left my stuffs in the bar and had to find my way out of the bar to the road screaming for someone to help me to the hospital, these old village women were literally laughing at me and saying stuffs like I'm drunk or something when I was begging for someone to take me to the hospital, people were gathering when I got to the heart of the town that's when I heard Sunday my neighbour's saying he knows me and I don't drink, dude was about to leave with others when I gathered up strength and hit him hard in the face before they put me on one lagata to the hospital, funny enough by the time fresh air hit me on the bike I felt a little bit okay, on getting to the hospital had to wait for doctor for 30 minutes, dude entered with smile, guess who the doctor was... the chubby guy from the bar. That was my first close shave with death and it taught me a very valuable lesson.

at the end of the day lesson we've learnt from negative situations really affect our decisions later in life
Re: I Survived by SamuelTurner(m): 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
t happened few years back. I visited my friend that stays at Oke popo in ibadan. I got to the street at 9:15pm and discovered that everywhere was quite. It was unusual because the place is a crowded area. I tried my guy's number and it was not reachable. Instantly I heard a gunshot, and saw some guys running. I immediately hid somewhere. I switched off my phone and kept it inside my bag with my wallet and every other thing I had in my pocket. I moved away from where I was to a more secured place. I peeped and saw a guy pointing a gun to another guy. He pulled the trigger killing the guy, I wanted to shout but I know that it will be risky. I was scared as shii. Minutes later after the thing had died down, I started hearing the siren of the police after those guys had gone.
I also saw a guy coming out from where he was hiding, I wanted to do the same but my instinct was telling not to. Instead of the guy to go home, he took out his phone and started taking picture of the guy that was killed. The police met him there and before I knew it, they handcuffed him and bundled him inside their vehicle with the corpse. I switched on the phone and I called my friend, luckily the phone connected. I described the place I was to him and he came and picked me up with a car.
The guy arrested is still in prison now

1 Like

Re: I Survived by suaveBrother(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
cry

SamuelTurner:
t happened few years back. I visited my friend that stays at Oke popo in ibadan. I got to the street at 9:15pm and discovered that everywhere was quite. It was unusual because the place is a crowded area. I tried my guy's number and it was not reachable. Instantly I heard a gunshot, and saw some guys running. I immediately hid somewhere. I switched off my phone and kept it inside my bag with my wallet and every other thing I had in my pocket. I moved away from where I was to a more secured place. I peeped and saw a guy pointing a gun to another guy. He pulled the trigger killing the guy, I wanted to shout but I know that it will be risky. I was scared as shii. Minutes later after the thing had died down, I started hearing the siren of the police after those guys had gone.
I also saw a guy coming out from where he was hiding, I wanted to do the same but my instinct was telling not to. Instead of the guy to go home, he took out his phone and started taking picture of the guy that was killed. The police met him there and before I knew it, they handcuffed him and bundled him inside their vehicle with the corpse. I switched on the phone and I called my friend, luckily the phone connected. I described the place I was to him and he came and picked me up with a car.
The guy arrested is still in prison now

(1) (Reply)

I Raped The Four-year-old Girl Because We’re Friends – 20 Year Old Suspect / Police Smash Notorious Car Snatching Syndicate, Arrest Female Weapons Keeper.pix / Police Taskforce On Covid-19 Kills A Young Man In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.