Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit (1225 Views)

Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit / Father Reports Yahoo-Yahoo Son to EFCC After Buying N2M House. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by prof2007: 12:55am On Feb 25, 2020
The Federal High Court in Lagos has fixed 27 March 2020 for judgment on a motion on notice filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, seeking permanent forfeiture of the sum of $54,000 found in the domiciliary account of a firm, Asej Global Services, operated by one Ojo Temitope Francis.

The anti-graft agency told Justice Muslim Hassan that the funds were reasonably suspected to be proceeds of cyber fraud. In a 20-paragraph affidavit filed in support of the motion on notice, an investigative officer with the EFCC, Peter Chimdinma, said the anti-graft agency commenced action against Asej Global Services following a petition against the firm and Francis by First City Monument Bank.

FCMB, according to the investigator, reported the firm and Francis to the EFCC following an inflow of $54,000 into the firm’s account with number, 4445389020, domiciled in FCMB.

Chimdinma said, “The petitioner, First City Monument Bank, enquired about the nature of the funds and the account holder (Francis) claimed that they were from his friend and associate, George Edwards Cook, residing in the United States and that the funds were for the purchase of properties on behalf of the said friend and business associate.

“That upon further enquiry, the suspect provided a copy of the driver’s licence of a white man, purporting that it belonged to the said friend and business associate residing in the United States and could not provide information on the nature of their business. That in the course of investigation, a letter of request for assistance was sent to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to assist in locating and interviewing the said business associate, Mr George Edward Cook.

“That in response to the letter of request for assistance sent to the FBI, it was revealed that the said George Edward Cook had been flagged by the US Department of Treasury and US Banking Financial Security Network as a known fraudster. Investigation further revealed that as of December 2017, George Edward Cook utilised counterfeit cheques to deposit $44,480 but was denied and is currently unable to secure any new US-based bank account under his name due to his ban by FINCEN.

“That so far, the team has been able to establish that one Ojo Temitope Francis, hiding under cover of the suspect, Asej Global Services, operated a domiciliary account in FCMB and received funds from George Edward Cook, who has been identified as a US-based fraudster. That the whereabouts of the said Mr George Edward Cook is unknown and he is likely trying to transfer his ill-gotten funds from the US to Nigeria through the domiciliary account of the suspect.”

Following an ex parte application by the EFCC, Justice Hassan had earlier made an order for the temporary forfeiture of the $54,000 to the Federal Government. On Monday, counsel for the EFCC, S.I. Suleiman, said the anti-graft agency had last year August published the interim forfeiture order in The Nation newspaper, for anyone interested to see and come to court.

Suleiman said as no one had come forward to oppose the application for the permanent forfeiture of the funds, the judge should order same forfeited to the Federal Government.

After hearing the lawyer out, Justice Hassan fixed March 27 for judgment.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/fcmb-reports-man-to-efcc-after-54000-deposit/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by olumide3367(m): 1:00am On Feb 25, 2020
As usual

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 25, 2020
So you mean say I give person money to keep. All the days I dey keep 1k you no ask wetin dey do me but na when God come decide to bless me, na that time you go come go tell police say you suspect me say I fit be criminal. Why you no report say I over poor the days I dey save 1k.
These banks are snitches.
Nice work by efcc.
Nice follow up

Stay away from Yahoo guys. Abeg
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 25, 2020
Mtchewwwwwwwwww..... Naim make their bank no dey grow..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by namiji2598: 1:12am On Feb 25, 2020
Felixamos:
I wonder if a white man can do the same

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by hisgrace090: 1:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Felixamos:

Growing with proceed of crime ehh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Commentor: 1:20am On Feb 25, 2020
Very good.

FCMB is a good bank.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 25, 2020
hisgrace090:

Growing with proceed of crime ehh?

I don't support crime in anyway... Their action is just too immature considering the wickedness of our law enforcement agencies... OK, so assuming I have a relative in america(for real now) and he sends me the same amount the best thing that would enter fcmb' s head is to report me to effcc? People wey las, Las na their pocket them dey find?

OK after everything is over do you think I would still use fcmb?(Bank wey be say na 54 thousand dollars dey fear them)
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Simplyleo: 1:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Shibaraba:
So you mean say I give person money to keep. All the days I dey keep 1k you no ask wetin dey do me but na when God come decide to bless me, na that time you go come go tell police say you suspect me say I fit be criminal. Why you no report say I over poor the days I dey save 1k.
These banks are snitches.
Nice work by efcc.
Nice follow up

Stay away from Yahoo guys. Abeg
If God has truly blessed you, nothing stops you from defending this your "blessing" before the appropriate authority.

Stop supporting crime on one hand and be expecting a good society on the other hand. angry
Felixamos:
You mean the bank is not growing because it reported a suspected illicit deal? Is this how you were brought up or just a reflection of your immediate environment?

And for your information, FCMB is one of the fastest growing commercial banks in Nigeria as compared to its contemporaries.

Besides, the financial regulatory bodies wont waste time to bring down the hammer on any erring bank especially on issues bordering internet fraud.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 25, 2020
Simplyleo:

If God has truly blessed you, nothing stops you from defending this your "blessing" before the appropriate authority.

Stop supporting crime on one hand and be expecting a good society on the other hand. angry

You mean the bank is not growing because it reported a suspected illicit deal? Is this how you were brought up or just a reflection of your immediate environment?

And for your information, FCMB is one of the fastest growing commercial banks in Nigeria as compared to its contemporaries.

Besides, the financial regulatory bodies wont waste time to bring down the hammer on any erring bank especially on issues bordering internet fraud.

Next time quote @mannabgrills or @sarrki... Me and you no get talk.. Btw scroll down and see my second comment and don't you ever in your life quote me again..

@the bolded na so lie, lie just full una(apc) mouth.. I guess Lai Muhammed is your mentor.... Mtchewwwwwwwwww

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by DozieInc(m): 1:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Kudos to all parties involved.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Simplyleo: 1:54am On Feb 25, 2020
Felixamos:

I don't support crime in anyway... Their action is just too immature considering the wickedness of our law enforcement agencies... OK, so assuming I have a relative in america(for real now) and he sends me the same amount the best thing that would enter fcmb' s head is to report me to effcc? People wey las, Las na their pocket them dey find?

OK after everything is over do you think I would still use fcmb?(Bank wey be say na 54 thousand dollars dey fear them)

received funds from George Edward Cook, who has been identified as a US-based fraudster.

Yet you don't support fraud. angry

Even if your father sends money into your account and the bank doubts the genuineness of your claim, the bank is empowered to investigate. If your father truly sent the said amount, you can go defend yourself. And at the same time, explain what that your father does for living. Your $54k is nothing close to worth of the bank and they can't risk their image for such amount.

If you are involved in things like this, I will advise you to desist immediately before it gets to you. Defending such activities on nairaland wont save your arzz when the time is up. cool

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Simplyleo: 1:58am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Felixamos:

Next time quote @mannabgrills or @sarrki... Me and you no get talk.. Btw scroll down and see my second comment and don't you ever in your life quote me again..

@the bolded na so lie, lie just full una(apc) mouth.. I guess Lai Muhammed is your mentor.... Mtchewwwwwwwwww
[/s]
Do you understand the meaning of the word "contemporary"? You should have used your data to look up its meaning rather than the bullshit you quickly went to check.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 25, 2020
Simplyleo:

[b][/b]

Even if your father sends money into your account and the bank doubts the genuineness of your claim, the bank is empowered to investigate. If your father truly sent the said amount, you can go defend yourself. And at the same time, explain what that your father does for living. Your $54k is nothing close to worth of the bank and they can't risk their image for such amount.

If you are involved in things like this, I will advise you to desist immediately before it gets to you. Defending such activities on nairaland wont save your arzz when the time is up. cool

Get sense... I hate fraud with passion and I have never! whether directly or indirectly supported it.. I made that statement on the prefix that they(fcmb) would do the same thing even if the money came in genuinely...
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Simplyleo: 2:04am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Felixamos:

Get sense... I hate fraud with passion and I have never! whether directly or indirectly supported it.. I made that statement on the prefix that they(fcmb) would do the same thing even if the money came in genuinely...
[/s]
received funds from George Edward Cook, who has been identified as a US-based fraudster.

Shut up and stop defending criminals.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 25, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
[s]Do you understand the meaning of the word "contemporary"? You should have used your data to look up its meaning rather than the bullshit you quickly went to check[/s].

Ngwa find another lie talk as apc member wey u be... Maybe now you go tell me to check the meaning of the pictures grin grin.... Lol.... You go just dey speak gramma wey u no knw the meaning... Mtchewwwwwwwwww....

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 25, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
[b][/b]

And you think say I dey surprised at your lack of understanding abi?
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Simplyleo:

Point out where I supported crime. Or you used super glue on your eyes where I wrote stay away from Yahoo guys. Some of you won't eat at night, the next place to vent your frustration is on nairaland. I'm not the cause of your hunger.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by GiggyJaggi: 2:23am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
Very good.

FCMB is a good bank.
[/s]
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 25, 2020
Shibaraba:

Point out where I supported crime. Or you used super glue on your eyes where I wrote stay away from Yahoo guys. Some of you won't eat at night, the next place to vent your frustration is on nairaland. I'm not the cause of your hunger.

Lol..... Chaii which kain talk be this na... U don use laugh finish me grin grin

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by GiggyJaggi: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
[b][/b]

[/s]
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by GiggyJaggi: 7:07am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Do you understand the meaning of the word "contemporary"? You should have used your data to look up its meaning rather than the bullshit you quickly went to check.
[/s]
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by GiggyJaggi: 7:07am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[b][/b]

[/s]
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by GiggyJaggi: 7:08am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbery Suspect Apprehended By His Victim In Edo / Eight ‘kidnappers’ Arrested In Osun Are All Tiv Benue Indigene / Arrest Of Bandits With AK-47 By Sagamu Youth & OPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.