Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Why Ain't Ya'll On The Map? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Ain't Ya'll On The Map? (757 Views)

J. Appiah Ft Flourent Malouda - I Ain't Rich Yet (video) / Kelly Hansome Defends Tonto Dike: Until Ya'll Drop Your Songs Shut-up / If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ain't Ya'll On The Map? by Drusilla(f): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2007
I assume that if Black people in America are on the map around the world, there have to be far better singers in West Africa where they came from right?

I think of course as slaves, we (AA)were only left our own voices and we have become experts in using what we had to fight with. Yet fundamentally Africans should come with fantastic new flows, themselves. Ones we don't even remember.

It's probably mostly a matter of not having the funding.

Maybe AA are isolated and self-centered and are not reaching out enough to West Africa's Musical Community.

There's a great oppourtunity here, if someone will see it. Maybe I just don't know the people working on it and am not seeing the fruit of it.

I wonder what it is that prevents this? This explosion that I figure should be pouring forth from West Africa.
Re: Why Ain't Ya'll On The Map? by Drusilla(f): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2007
I'm sorry was this an offensive question? American arrogance? Sorry. It's probably me.Of course ya'll have your own music industry.I like an idiot assume that it ain't there because Americans ain't in to it. Alright. Sorry. Somebody post for me again, that place where you can listen to Nigerian radio and or TV shows. It had a lot of them. If you know.
Re: Why Ain't Ya'll On The Map? by Drusilla(f): 2:48am On Jun 03, 2007
How does that always happen? My friend just reported he has been asked to go to Nigeria through his producers.

God is good.
Re: Why Ain't Ya'll On The Map? by wadobomi(f): 2:50am On Jun 03, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Re: Download Hot Jamz B4 You Even Hear Them On The Rythm Or Cool Fm / The Best Nigerian Album So Far / Sauce Kid Warnin Shots Prt 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.