Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. (4354 Views)

Obaseki: Visiting PDP Chairman's House Is Safer Than Visiting Oshiomole' House / Lauretta Onochie: Ekweremadu’s Attack, Evidence Nigeria Safer Than Other Places / Senator Oduah: Igbo Must Invest At Home, Anambra Is Safer Than Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Approximately 17,000 Americans are shot dead annually in the USA by fellow Americans.

This is direct from the FBI:

''In 2018, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 16,214. This was a 6.2 percent decrease from the 2017 estimate, a 14.5 percent increase from the 2014 figure, and a 5.3 percent increase from the number in 2009.''

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/topic-pages/murder

When we say that you Nigerian youths are the dumbest, most uninformed, ignorant, self-loathing group of people on earth, you wonder why.

Nigeria is far safer than the USA, but the way you imbeci.les go online rubbishing Nigeria daily, and making out that she is the most dangerous and worst place on earth, talking every day about ''insecurity'' because you stupidly think everywhere outside Nigeria is paradise on earth. Is that not how you guys end up in slavery in Libya?

Today the whole world is scared of visiting Nigeria because of you people.

People think they will be killed by Boko Haram or 'Fulani herdsmen' the minute they step foot in Nigeria, courtesy of you SCUMBAGS that go around smearing this country.

Mumu people. Keep hating your country, you hear? Shebi Trump has banned you. Tomorrow may others follow suit. So that finally you will start to focus on investing in your own society, instead of hating it.

Americans suffer 10 times more ''insecurity'' than Nigerians, but how often do you see Americans blaming Trump, or condemning their nation online as a ''shiithole'', or ''zoo'', or ''failed state'', and all these hateful adjectives you imbecil.es use to describe Nigeria?

Idiots drowning in inferiority complex and self hate..

Oh and guess what. You think that US murder rate is high?

Wait till you see the annual death rate from drug ovedose:

''More than 70,200 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2017, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids—a 2-fold increase in a decade''

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Those deaths could be ended tomorrow if the US govt was not run by corrupt people benefitting hugely from the drug trade. Those drugs pass through US borders! Bribery and corruption by US officials and senior politicians allows this to fester unchecked.

Is any of this comparable to the few hundred people killed by herdsmen and BH per year? Nope.

But foreigners believe Nigeria is 100 times more dangerous than the USA because of what NIGERIANS post about their own country online daily.

USELESS SET OF PEOPLE. YOU'RE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMIES.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by NaijaDonCast(m): 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Me too i can wake up brush my teeth chop better chaw and tell you Syria is safer than Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
Me too i can wake up brush my teeth chop better chaw and tell you Syria is safer than Nigeria

Please, cross the Sahara desert and go to Syria abeg... I'm pleading with you.

And when you pass through Libya, remember to offer yourself up for slavery like your fellow dumbass compatriots, ok? Pleasssee!

Honestly you won't be missed. We are even too many in Naija sef.

Worthless waste of space.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Commentor: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerians tend to exaggerate everything.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by SOFTENGR: 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Most killings here are either under reported or not reported. Boko, Fulani herdsmen, bandits, kidnappers, cultists, ritualists/yahoo boys, rapists, and most disappointing, police.

Op, you seem to be thinking like APC supporters who keep justifying senseless killing simply because it happened in a previous administration or because it's happening in other countries.
Why are you not comparing successes of USA in science and technology with what obtains in Nigeria?
You would rather compare killings and other wicked acts.
Well, that only shows how wicked you people are.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by KUNZEH(m): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nothing to discuss, Op did you smoke Cowdung?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by ContractKiller: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Firstly, the United States is a much bigger country than Nigeria with a population of 325 million compared to Nigeria's 200 million. So it is only expected that more crimes will be committed there.

Secondly, about 95% of crimes in Nigeria are not reported and when they are, they don't always end up in court. I worked with a Child's Right NGO in Lagos for about 3 years and while I was there, I can tell you that at least 8 out of every 10 perpetrators of child rape whom we reported to the police, ended up walking out of prison within just one week of being arrested because their families had "settled" the family of the victims and also settled the police. In fact the police will even get a bigger settlement than the victims family.

Thirdly, the Nigerian police is hands down possibly the worst and most incompetent law enforcement body in the world. Its men and women are poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly motivated. The Nigerian police itself actually runs like a criminal organisation. They run several extortion rackets all over the country where they force motorists to part with money at gunpoint. That means when you're counting criminals in this country, you have to include the Nigerian police if you're being honest.

There's just no comparison between the United States and Nigeria. One is a well organized country, while the other is a joke pretending to be a country.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Zooposki(f): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rossinnki:

Wait till you see the annual death rate from drug ovedose:

''More than 70,200 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2017, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids—a 2-fold increase in a decade''

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

USELESS SET OF PEOPLE. YOU'RE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMIES.

Actually your figure is wrong. If you are talking of all the states in the United States, then it is 44million people for the past 20 years that have died of drug overdose, that is about 2.4 million per year, but even those figures are underreported. I believe it is higher than that. Let me know if you want a source.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by REALHEAVEN: 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Though one mentally unstable idiot can just open fire killing dozens in the States, comparing it to Nigeria is the greatest joke.

In Nigeria, Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and even SARS are on a collabo on how to drastically reduce the population.

Nigeria isn't even safe for wild beasts...you can just get killed for nothing and nothing will happen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
SOFTENGR:
Most killings here are either under reported or not reported. Boko, Fulani herdsmen, bandits, kidnappers, cultists, ritualists/yahoo boys, rapists, and most disappointing, police.

Absolute horse shit. If 90,000 people are being killed per year in Nigeria by crime, we would know.

The average Nigerian has never seen a gun in his life and will never see one, because Nigeria enforces her gun laws, restricting public access.

In the USA the reverse is the case. You can walk into a shop there and buy an automatic assault weapon (machine gun) with minimal checks, and in some states, no checks at all.

In America a casual argument with a guy on the street can easily end in bloody mayhem.

In fact, I recall an incident in Washington DC where a guy just walked up to a man sitting inside his car and blasted him to kingdom come.

When he was asked by the police why he shot the man, he said ''I didn't like the music he was playing in the car.''.

That's America for you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by aremuforlife(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
I once make thread on the insecurities about the two countries and how police practice.
There lots of judicial killings I American than Nigerian.
No place is saved under the moon, we all have challenges in different areas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
REALHEAVEN:

Though one mentally unstable idiot can just open fire killing dozens in the States, comparing it to Nigeria is the greatest joke.

In Nigeria Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and even SARS are on a collabo on how to drastically reduce the population.

Nigeria isn't even safe for wild beasts...you can just get killed for nothing and nothing will happen.

You are a LIAR from the pits of hell.

I've just posted statistics that show you up to be a LIAR.

Why aren't you dead since Nigeria is so damn ''dangerous''?

Most of us do not personally know anyone who's been murdered by a fellow Nigerian, or killed by herdsmen or BH.

It's just something we read in the papers or see on TV news.

But go to America. EVERYONE there personally knows someone that's been shot. EVERYONE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by blackboy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
No, no no...a country where killings go on every where and walk freely after the killings.

You killl an infidel and you are almost guaranteed of walking free.

You join cult and killl and you walk free unless the other cult group gets you.

Ritual killings etc

In the USA, DNA test, finger prints , cctv all help make arrests.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by saaron(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Does op have any idea of the huge number of people murdered daily in Nigeria? The situation is even getting worse with SECRET KILLINGS currently going on all over the country no thanks to this satanic regime's importation of terrorists into Nigeria for their devilish Islamization agenda.
If all killings in Nigeria are reported and documented, you will be amazed at the percentage of Nigerians slaughtered daily compared to our population and that of USA.
NOTE; Nigerians should be ready to defend themselves. We are under attack by terrorists elements hidding in remote places in the country!
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
blackboy:
No, no no...a country where killings go on every where and walk freely after the killings.

You killl an infidel and you are almost guaranteed of walking free.

You join cult and killl and you walk free unless the other cult group gets you.

Ritual killings etc

In the USA, DNA test, finger prints , cctv all help make arrests.

UTTER BULLSHIIIT

I just posted stats showing 90,000 Americans die through crime per year.

If you REALLY think that that horrendous crime death toll occurs in NIGERIA per annum by cultists or whatever rubbish you said, you are truly sick in the head!!!

Fcking LIARS.

Just shut up and admit that your country, Nigeria, is nowhere near as 'dangerous' as you claimed it was, instead of telling more lies to justify your error.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by tsdarkside(m): 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
actualy if you compare stats,yes....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by SOFTENGR: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rossinnki:

Absolute horse shit. If 90,000 people are being killed per year in Nigeria by crime, we would know.

The average Nigerian has never seen a gun in his life and will never see one, because Nigeria enforces her gun laws, restricting public access.

In the USA the reverse is the case. You can walk into a shop there and buy an automatic assault weapon (machine gun) with minimal checks, and in some states, no checks at all.

In America a casual argument with a guy on the street can easily end in bloody mayhem.

In fact, I recall an incident in Washington DC where a guy just walked up to a man sitting inside his car and blasted him to kingdom come.

When he was asked by the police why he shot the man, he said ''I didn't like the music he was playing in the car.''.

That's America for you.
Are you now saying we should increase the killing to equal that record? Are you ok at all?
In this 21st Century, we should be talking about advancements in Agric, tech, etc and not killings.
Are you hungry for blood?
Are you not tired of senseless killings?
Are you ok?

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by tsdarkside(m): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
alot of people get killed in america annualy....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
SOFTENGR:

Are you now saying we should increase the killing to equal that record? Are you ok at all?
In this 21st Century, we should be talking about advancements in Agric, tech, etc and not killings.
Are you hungry for blood?
Are you not tired of senseless killings?
Are you ok?

Where did you get all this garbage from?

Use your damn head and follow the thrust of this thread, which is that Nigerians like YOU should stop LYING about this country, and should stop exaggerating its crime rate to the rest of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Godons1: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is a lesson to all Ritualist and those seeking for fast money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by tsdarkside(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
ContractKiller:
Firstly, the United States is a much bigger country than Nigeria with a population of 325 million compared to Nigeria's 200 million. So it is only expected that more crimes will be committed there.

Secondly, about 95% of crimes in Nigeria are not reported and when they are, they don't always end up in court. I worked with a Child's Right NGO in Lagos for about 3 years and while I was there, I can tell you that at least 8 out of every 10 perpetrators of child rape whom we reported to the police, ended up walking out of prison within just one week of being arrested because their families had "settled" the family of the victims and also settled the police. In fact the police will even get a bigger settlement than the victims family.

Thirdly, the Nigerian police is hands down possibly the worst and most incompetent law enforcement body in the world. Its men and women are poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly motivated. The Nigerian police itself actually runs like a criminal organisation itself. They run several extortion rackets all over the country where they force motorists to part with money at gunpoint. That means when you're counting criminals in this country, you have to include the Nigerian police if you're being honest.

There's just no comparison between the United States and Nigeria. One is a well organized country, while the other is a joke pretending to be a country.

this dont even make sense....

if you desperatly want to hate yourself,then hate yourself alone....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
saaron:
Does op have any idea of the huge number of people murdered daily in Nigeria? The situation is even getting worse with SECRET KILLINGS currently going on all over the country no thanks to this satanic regime's importation of terrorists into Nigeria for their devilish Islamization agenda.
If all killings in Nigeria are reported and documented, you will be amazed at the percentage of Nigerians slaughtered daily compared to our population and that of USA.
NOTE; Nigerians should be ready to defend themselves. We are under attack by terrorists elements hidding in remote places in the country!
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by REALHEAVEN: 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rossinnki:

You are a LIAR from the pits of hell.

I've just posted statistics that show you up to be a LIAR.

Why aren't you dead since Nigeria is so damn ''dangerous''?

Most of us do not personally know anyone who's been murdered by a fellow Nigerian, or killed by herdsmen or BH.

It's just something we read in the papers or see on TV news.

But go to America. EVERYONE there personally knows someone that's been shot. EVERYONE.

At the italicised, are you for real?

I can't imagine a sensible person made such a claim....Jeeeez!!!! Are you waiting for your neighbour to be killed before you believe.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
ContractKiller:

Thirdly, the Nigerian police is hands down possibly the worst and most incompetent law enforcement body in the world. Its men and women are poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly motivated. The Nigerian police itself actually runs like a criminal organisation itself. They run several extortion rackets all over the country where they force motorists to part with money at gunpoint. That means when you're counting criminals in this country, you have to include the Nigerian police if you're being honest.

YOU ARE A LIAR, AND A REPRESENTATIVE OF SATAN.

IT IS YOUR EVIL TYPE THAT CONCOCT LIES ABOUT NIGERIA TO THE WORLD.

I REPEAT. IF 90,000 Nigerians are dying per year through CRIME, it CANNOT be covered up.

Don't those people have families?

Do you think 90,000 is a small number?

This is not about rap.e or whatever irrelevant shiit you mentioned. We are talking of actual deaths through crime.

YOU CANNOT LIE YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS.

NIGERIA IS FAR SAFER THAN THE USA. FACT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by tsdarkside(m): 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rossinnki:

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.......

calm the fvck down already....

we know how frustratin they are....

no be the same people that listen to cownunu ipob....??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by tsdarkside(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
we were conditioned to believe black is bad....

and nigeria is the worst....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by mumumugu(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
if you remove north from Nigeria, then yes. Nigeria is safe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by tsdarkside(m): 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
mumumugu:
if you remove north from Nigeria, then yes. Nigeria is safe

you didnt said something like this when that shoeless morafvcker was still in charge....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
REALHEAVEN:

At the italicised, are you for real?

I can't imagine a sensible person made such a claim....Jeeeez!!!! Are you waiting for your neighbour to be killed before you believe.

My friend will you keep shut!

What I said is 1000% FACT.

Majority of us do not know personally anyone that died as a result of a criminal activity. Most of us hear about it in the NEWS.

Fact.

How many of you personally know someone that died from Fulani herdsmen or Boko Haram attack?

I bet you less than 0.1% of you on this Nairaland.

QUOTE ME ON THAT ANYDAY, ANYTIME.

Yet the way you people post all this rubbish online, one would think herdsmen were outside your door banging it down to get at you this very minute..

DAMN FOOLS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by REALHEAVEN: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rossinnki:

My friend will you keep shut!

What I said is 1000% FACT.

Majority of us do not know personally anyone that died as a result of a criminal activity. Most of us hear about it in the NEWS.

Fact.

How many of you personally know someone that died from Fulani herdsmen or Boko Haram attack?

I bet you less than 0.1% of you on this Nairaland.

QUOTE ME ON THAT ANYDAY, ANYTIME.

You need not rant or throw tantrums in your quest to make a point.

Be guided.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Simplebeauty: 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is SAFER Than The USA. Discuss. by Rossinnki: 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
tsdarkside:
we were conditioned to believe black is bad....

and nigeria is the worst....

Don't mind them. Useless, conditioned people.

Even now that we've shown them the actual figures, some of them are still finding a way to defend their untenable, self-hating position.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Boils As Police Chase Civilians: Pictures & Video / Ogun State Govt Constitutes 29-member Committee On Palliatives Distribution / Yoruba Dads Protest: Garri Is Like Cocaine Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.