Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? (1594 Views)

Kidnappers’ Den Discovered Behind A Police Checkpoint Along Auchi-Abuja Highway / Gunmen Attack Police Checkpoint in Anambra, Set Patrol Vans Ablaze (Photos) / Ondo Corpers Post Girlfriends’ Nude Photos Online, Get Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Police checkpoints in Nigeria do little to nothing to stop crime. If they were so effective why wouldn't they be useful in catching bandits and kidnap victims. The police department just set up checkpoints to collect bribes. Police man power would be better used going on patrol or investigating real crimes. The squeeze isnt worth the juice in regards to the checkpoints.

Nigerians should ponder is there statistically less crime per capita in places with more checkpoints? What sort of offenders are usually caught. Has crime reduced as a result of increased check points or some other factor? Lastly have you witnessed someone get arrested at a police checkpoints?

Front page: Lalasticlala Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Citytrend: 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
That will be in the next generation
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
I've passed by a few dozen I've never seen one person get arrested. The only criminal I see is cop extorting drivers out money. If they do catch anyone once in a blue moon it would be a smuggler, drug dealer or someone with vehicle papers. The latter can bribe their way out of a ticket. I cant recall news reports saying police catch kidnapper or gun dealers at checkpoint.

Citytrend:
That will be in the next generation

Are you saying you haven't seen it before after crossing hundreds or thousands in your lifetime?

1 Like

Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by modsareuseless: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
END SARS
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
modsareuseless:
END SARS
END SARS

Ok have u seen one?
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by subtlemee(f): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
yes...the port Harcourt serial killer grin
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by yanabasee(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
The license to extort money official in Nigeria is to wear a federal government uniform.....

Any uniform you put on, you can extort money from morning till night and nothing will happen...

This is the state of things in Nigeria.....
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
subtlemee:
yes...the port Harcourt serial killer grin

Lol even you're being serious that's one case out who knows how many checkpoints you've passed through.

yanabasee:
The license to extort money official in Nigeria is to wear a federal government uniform.....

Can you affirm your state and local institutions dont behave the same way?
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lol nobody has seen any? This is more anecdotal proof these checkpoints are useless.
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by ybalogs(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
Legally- No

Illegally- uncountable
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by YesNo(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2020
they don't arrest.
they only tell u to park well & stress ur life.

and if you're the type that they should really arrest, they will remove their uniform and run into the bush to hide
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by FARA4GA: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4No8peC-g

YOU CAN SEARCH ME, BUT DO NOT TOUCH MY DICK; NIGERIAN TO SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
YesNo:
they don't arrest.
they only tell u to park well & stress ur life.

and if you're the type that they should really arrest, they will remove their uniform and run into the bush to hide

Lol thats means you haven't seen one either. Honestly if these idiotic check points were done away with the crime rate should be similar. Lol it's not like it does much to stop bandits and other violent crimes.

ybalogs:
Legally- No

Illegally- uncountable

What do you mean?
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by meobizy(f): 2:32am On May 07, 2021
If I drove interstate, I would use the checkpoints as sleeping and relaxation spots. At least one is sure not to encounter highway robbers where policemen are stationed.
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Olumiday15: 6:50am On May 07, 2021
meobizy:
If I drove interstate, I would use the checkpoints as sleeping and relaxation spots. At least one is sure not to encounter highway robbers where policemen are stationed.
na because dem Neva run leave u
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by dederocs(m): 7:03am On May 07, 2021
They search boot and vehicles for guns and weapons, checkpoints can help deter criminals movement.

1 Like

Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 12:44pm On May 07, 2021
dederocs:
They search boot and vehicles for guns and weapons, checkpoints can help deter criminals movement.
meobizy:

Have you seen anyone being arrested?
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by dederocs(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2021
Blue3k:

Have you seen anyone being arrested?
Am I Omni presence shocked
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2021
dederocs:

Am I Omni presence shocked

Why are you struggling to answer a yes or no question undecided ? You don't need to be Omni present be witness an arrest especially if you passed by hundreds over the course of your life. I've witnessed police collecting bribes but no arrest at checkpoints without any such powers.
Re: Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? by Blue3k(m): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bump ugm attack checkpoints now. These things aren't even safe for cops it seems.

(1) (Reply)

Izala Muslim Sect Riot In Jos As They Claim There Is Nothing Like Coronavirus / VIDEO!Residents Loot Trader's Shop After He Was Arrested For Eating Bread&faeces / Shoprite staff allegedly commits suicide after suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.