Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers (30081 Views)

Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo / Kano Bans Abduljabbar Kabara, Shuts His Mosque / 70,000 Teachers Sat For Qualifying Exam Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 26, 2020
Wow am so happy for this news....Kano tumbin giwa,Kano kanawan dabo ko da me ka so ,an fi ka
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by modsfucker: 7:12am On Feb 26, 2020
spendoon:

Its true there was almajiri schools even in village communities here in kaduna,but to be honset goodluck had plans for Nigerian but the problem is he doesn't act smart.

Name the villages, at least five, please.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by AlhajiImam: 7:25am On Feb 26, 2020
Bluffly:

So hence you have to create it artificially by making many poor all because you want to give alms. My friend shift

You no nothing
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by nameo: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2020
Brunicekid:
Then, it seems you didn't read the news well, then. He didn't ban the Almajiri system. What he only did was to integrate Mathematics and English Language into the Almajiri School system, as these two subjects will be taught by the newly recruited teachers across the 44 Local Government Areas of Kano State.

The state banned the part of system where parents abandone their young kids in the houses of mallams, who then send kids to practically fend for themselves by begging in the streets, thereby exposing the to terrible social harms like drug abuse and crime.

Islamic education was never the issue

2 Likes

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by ChristianNorth: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2020
itsme01:
cool

wow... Sanusi's speech really ruffled them, good one to ganduje

let is be known, mujahideens that the Northerners copy wrongly are not children, they travel to acquire knowledge and not only study Quran alone, they study philosophy, astromy and arithmetic some even graduate from some of the earliest islamic universities, they work and partake in trans sahara trade

Quran is against begging, it is against child abuse of kids bellow 14, almajiri isn't done in any Islamic country except Northern Nigeria

Northerners should know Arabs boast of some best philosophers like Avicenna and al-Khwarizmi , mathematiacians with al-Khwarizmi being the one who introduced the number system we currently use worldwide, and physicians

•Coffee. ...
•University. ...
•Algebra. ...
•Optics. ...
•Number sytem
can all be credited to Muslims and Arabs research

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/29/muslim.inventions/index.html

Koran is not against begging
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Ofon0909(f): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Girls that beg for data from mumu men should be stoned to death in south west. Ladies that beg for money for food, bleaching cream, t fare, undies , braz , pantyliner should be banned too. Beggars

People like you should be ostracized from this country. Talking about stoning girls to death in this era. Forgetting that in the south west, such barbaric act cannot and can never be condoned.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by okpurukata(f): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2020
AlhajiImam:
This is anti Islam. We have to always give alms to beggars. It's part of our Islamic tradition. My beloved Governor, do not let the wolf cries of kafirs to distort the tenet of our Islamic society

The alms can be gathered together and given to the poor ones in your society over there. You must not throw coins at a dirty begger on d Street to fulfill what your Koran required. There are so many families who can barely feed up there. Identify them and do collective alms giving. They will leave the streets. Those children s lives are endangered on the streets.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2020
modsfucker:

Name the villages, at least five, please.
I cant remember but the ones i know are in brinin gwari local government, the ones in birnin gwari have now turned to where soldiers camp.Fyi am not a goodluck fan in fact am a huge buhari supporter but the truth has to be told
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by SOFTENGR: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2020
Ajsimon:
Mcheew
Na d 8,000 teachers wan stop begging
The almajiris are expected to go to schools built for them, so employing 7500 teachers for them is necessary.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by SOFTENGR: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2020
KIDfurniture:
[s]Girls that beg for data from mumu men should be stoned to death in south west.[/s] Ladies that beg for money for food, bleaching cream, t fare, undies , braz , pantyliner should be banned too. Beggars
Trash
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Salebo: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2020
JosephXavier:
Who did this to the north?
President Goodluck Jonathan started this Almajiri school to help cut down the level of illiteracy in the north.
Tell me what he didn't do so that the north will be happy yet they hated him and prefered a visionless man because he is their brother.
Why are they now forcing down Jonathan's visions on their people
Tell me what policy their own brother has brought in place to better their region
God is watching them, let them kontinu
All this evil they are committing with Boko Haram and herdsmen will never go unpunished.
You can never cheat nature

Keep Quiet!

The Almajiru(notice I called it "Almajiru)educational system has been in place before YOUR FATHER WAS BORN..Don't get it twisted...

Jonathan did NOTHING for them..He just tried to put monies in the pockets of his cronies with fictitious contracts in the name of Almajiri schools..More like whitewashing tombs...Doesn't change anything really...
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by AloneTK: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Exodus begins! Mass movement down South
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Prettychichi21(f): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2020
Lol 15k job..audio employment.. That's how I saw a post that an npower beneficiary wants to leave 30k cos of this BEDSC whatever 15k undecided
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Successlane: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2020
nameo:
A great news about Nigeria, finally.

And a really important one for that matter.

This makes me really happy.

Praying for those kids and the North

NOTE: This is not an endorsement of Ganduje in ANY way. The man is a thief and is a travesty he is still Gov.
But that a state as significant as Kano bans the terrible Almajiri system is EXTREMELY important. Am just happy for the kids

YOU PULLED WORDS FROM MY MOUTH.

I OWE YOU A COLD BOTTTLE OF …………. (FILL IN YOUR CHOICE AND LET ME PICK THE BILL)

THE VERY RIGHT STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WIHICH CAN GO A LONG WAY TO ERADICATE ALL FORMS OF

SOCIAL VICES IN THE NORTH ( ESPECIALLY CORE NORTH) IN

NEAR AND DISTANT FUTURE.

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by JosephXavier: 9:16am On Feb 26, 2020
Salebo:

Keep Quiet!

The Almajiru(notice I called it "Almajiru)educational system has been in place before YOUR FATHER WAS BORN..Don't get it twisted...

Jonathan did NOTHING for them..He just tried to put monies in the pockets of his cronies with fictitious contracts in the name of Almajiri schools..More like whitewashing tombs...Doesn't change anything really...

Weda Na Almajuju abi Na almajiru
I don't bloody care
My question is what policy has PMB put in place to enhance the welfare of the region
Just give me an answer
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by kalamatu: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2020
Good step in the right direction, long over due though, kudos to the Governor for taking the bull by the horn.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Salebo: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2020
JosephXavier:

Weda Na Almajuju abi Na almajiru
I don't bloody care
My question is what policy has PMB put in place to enhance the welfare of the region
Just give me an answer

Borrowers Anchors Programme of the CBN...in Agriculture..

It is doing Miracles in Kebbi,Taraba, Adamawa,Kaduna...

You have your answer...I wait for you to counter it without verifying..
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by KIDfurniture(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nothing personal ja re.. na just to discourage our girls from begging for orishirishi from mumu boys..

Ofon0909:

People like you should be ostracized from this country. Talking about stoning girls to death in this era. Forgetting that in the south west, such barbaric act cannot and can never be condoned.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by modsfucker: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
spendoon:

I cant remember but the ones i know are in brinin gwari local government, the ones in birnin gwari have now turned to where soldiers camp.Fyi am not a goodluck fan in fact am a huge buhari supporter but the truth has to be told

I'm not a critique either, but those purported schools were a white elephant project and were not many. It was an ill conceived idea from the onset.
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by OyinO: 1:15am On Feb 27, 2020
If this is true, then Kano has broken a record. That's epic!
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by 0m0nnakoda: 2:29am On Feb 27, 2020
People should be allowed to practice their religion.

1 Like

Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 27, 2020
modsfucker:

I'm not a critique either, but those purported schools were a white elephant project and were not many. It was an ill conceived idea from the onset.
Yes i think those schools are not many
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by girish956: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2020
Re: Kano Bans Begging , Employs 8,000 Teachers by girish956: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2020
Well Yeah Its Good Though https://www.vntgaming.in/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Personalities Who Inspired The Nation This Year, By Dr. Godwin Maduka / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Will Not Qualify As A Trainee Manager In Dangote Group / Emir Sanusi Reminds Nigerians Of The Alarm He Raised Over Missing $20billion-PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.