Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Accurate And Productive Snail Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Accurate And Productive Snail Farming In Nigeria (322 Views)

How To Select Healthy And Productive Goats For A New Goat Farm / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Accurate And Productive Snail Farming In Nigeria by kanmipeju(m): 1:15am On Feb 26, 2020
Over time we have seen snail experts say in snail farming, you can make millions. Well they have not lied, but how they told you to go about it is what might not get you your desired profits. Like we all know every business as its own risk so also does snail farming but there is way this risks can be drastically reduced.
Kanmi Sustainable Agriculture has been in the snail farming business, we have had our share of losses but we can tell you now that we have great experience. From different species of Snail. We have made millions and also we have lost millions, so when I say we are greatly experienced, I know what I'm saying. Usually I always tell people that if u know or have an information that rakes in money to you, why would you tell others, but now that I'm grown I have seen that u can't have it all to yourself. I will have my own and you will have your own.
My real intention was to empower students in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions. We have done it and it has worked. We have some lads paying their school fees right in primary,secondary and university themselves from snail farming, all we just did was give them the RIGHT INFORMATION. How it can be done to get your profit maximally. If anyone tells you that you dont have to spend a dime on ur snail, well its possible, but know that you have confined yourself to a limit already. But I tell you today that the money you will spend will be nothing compared to your profit.
SNAIL BREEDS/SPECIES IN SNAIL FARMING IN NIGERIA
Popular Types of Snail Used for Snail farming: When it comes to snail farming in Nigeria,
there are 3 popular types of snail species/breeds common for snail breeding in Nigeria.
There are often 3 major types of snails used for snail breeding in Nigeria and Africa in
general this is due to their commercial viability.
1. Archachatina Marginata (AM)
2. Achatina Achatina (AA)
3. Achatina Fulica (AF)
*Archachatina Marginata (AM)*
The Archachatina Marginata AM is peculiar to West Africa and it’s popularly known as the
giant African snail. It is the largest of all the snail specie . They can grow up to 20cm long
in size and can produce up to 40 eggs in a single clutch and they can do produce 3 to 4
clutches in a year and can live up to 10 years. It usually takes between 21 to 40 days for the
Archachatina Marginata (AM) eggs to hatch, The AM is harder and bigger compared to
other species of snails. Archachatina Marginata (AM) tales about 6 to 8 months before it starts the laying of eggs.
*Achatina Achatina (AA)*
Achatina Achatina (AA) is d 2nd largest in the world and the second most popular breed in
Nigeria and other countries and can lay up to 200 to 500 eggs in a single clutch and can lay
up to 3 to 5 clutches in a year, it also takes 21 to 28 days for the Achatina Achatina (AA) eggs
to hatch. It takes between 4 to 6 months before the Achatina Achatina (AA) starts laying of
eggs.
*Achatina Fulica (AF)*
Achatina Fulica (AF): The AF is the 3rd largest and can lay up to 200 to 500 eggs in a clutch
and can produce up to 3 to 5 clutches a year. It is the smallest of the breeding type of snail.
It is also the third specie used in snail breeding
in Nigeria.
To learn more on how to select the right breeds, where to select, what to feed snails to maximally get the best from it, how to get the market.(pls note, the market is on ground already, so there is nothing to fear), consultation anywhere in Nigeria, how you can start either on a low or high scale etc.all you need to do is call or WhatsApp this number 09018903925, 07065061830, 07033307210.You can also click on our training group page https:///DEGYnVWXD1qIXhrWg8tgo8

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Plantain For Sale / Very Cheap And 100% NIGERIA Stone And Black Dot Free RICE / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.