Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK (19533 Views)

Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / Buhari’s Lock-down: Lagos To Loss N17bn In 14 Days, Ogun N3.5bn, FCT N3.3bn / Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N3.3bn On Foreign, Local Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by maxjax(m): 8:48am On Feb 26, 2020
undecided im pretty sure its since this dullard assumed office 2015 till date angry
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by JustinOwen(m): 8:48am On Feb 26, 2020
This UK pipo nor b thief so? lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, if you are looking for a side hustle or want to start earning online, there's a link in my signature that might help out. You don't have to ship and sell anything. It is for only those who are ready and determined to earn money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by DNSPro: 8:50am On Feb 26, 2020
Captainrambo2:
stop comparing Nigeria to 1st world countries.

he is just doing what is wired to do.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by SciLab: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2020
Immediately I read 'The United States also owes', I imagined Garba Shehu and Femi Adeshina jumping up for joy in the spirit of 'Thank God Americans are owing too, we can defend this'.

grin grin
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by gooaustine(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2020
bigiyaro:
I don't understand, if the UK charges Nigeria for having an embassy in the UK, we should also charge them the same amount here too.

it is business. there is nothing free. both countries are in for business

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Commentor: 8:54am On Feb 26, 2020
The embassy is right in the heart of London, they should be exempt from paying.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by moneytrain(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2020
Serves them right. We are not giving them any penny
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 26, 2020
E dey possible make pikin dey owe im mama?

They berra forget about dat money.

Na dem born Naija, and na dem go back am.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2020
Presidential jet pays 470,000 a day in a hanger in UK and LATE buhari spent how many days again in LONDON PLS REMIND ME?
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by RedBororo(m): 8:57am On Feb 26, 2020
See how organized country Dey make money from people, o boy drive personal car and pay, so u see why those abroad they humble, apply it here in naija our polician they move around with so many empty cars no go gree
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by TwinnyStore(f): 8:58am On Feb 26, 2020
Oh

Apply for your quick loan ,no collateral,no guarantor,no account opening.

For salary earners only.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:58am On Feb 26, 2020
meavox:
NIGERIAN EMBASSY OWES UNITED KINGDOM GOVERNMENT £7.1M

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerian-high-commission-owes-n3-3bn-traffic-fee-uk/amp/

WETIN CONCERN ME
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Klington: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2020
igbese everywhere

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Dayoara: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2020
Why can't they use public transport instead of incurring unnecessary avoidable debt.... It's share wickedness

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by nothingspoil70: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2020
Good news. This may make our president stay away from London now because they may draw his agbada for the debt owed.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Truthbites: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2020
Nothing positive comes from this SH alias shithole...I was thinking the traffic was sort of monetary stuff coming to the country until I read well. Chai who do me this thing? Why I be Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by RemoveKebab: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2020
This ones dey find Brexit safe landing money
Thunder fire ona.

It's the useless Britain that owes Nigeria rebuilding cash and apology for the creation of a shithole nation.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by CloudResident(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2020
In case you missed the game last nite,here's the highlight..

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by chrisxxx(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2020
TheChameleon:
So many idiots already jumping at the opportunity to abuse Nigeria.

As if they can't see U.S. and Japan in this same article.
Are you not ashamed that you are comparing US and Japan with Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 26, 2020
meavox:

THIS IS THE SHIT THAT HAPPENS WHEN CORRUPT AND INEPT CIVIL SERVANTS ARE IN CHARGE. THE COUNTRY BECOMES A SHITHOLE.
jeffizy:
Always on the list of negative things these days.

When will my country's name bring tears of joy to my eyes?

Everyone is a wailer now!

Not to defend ineptness...but most countries with diplomatic staff in the UK have the same issues.

And the reason why they don't pay....is because of diplomatic immunity.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by muykem: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2020
I don't see any issue here. They should deduct it from N10b their high commissioner is owning Nigeria and give us the balance. Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 26, 2020
chrisxxx:

This is a common problem with many countries around the world...not just Nigeria, US and Japan.

Infact, I recall watching a CNN report on the matter regarding UN and other diplomats in the US racking up similar debts in the city of New York alone....back in 1997.

Most of the debt goes way back. And because of soemthing called diplomatic immunity, many countries don't pay.

And no, it does not make Buhari a good leader.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 26, 2020
Against using the word "normal', this is usually the case for most embassies and foreign commission in the abroad. United States owe United Kingdom way way more than that for traffic fees and so does UK to USA.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Meritocracy: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2020
Uk should close the place and sell it off to pay debt. Send everybody there come home and direct them to North East
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Kingstanding: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2020
Skyfornia:
I regret being a Nigerian!
. If you're regretting being a Nigerian and you don't want your children to regret too better for you to relocate and give your children better life. Having US,UK, European or Canada passport forget that is bye bye to poverty.
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2020
TheChameleon:
So many idiots already jumping at the opportunity to abuse Nigeria.

As if they can't see U.S. and Japan in this same article.

Us and Japan are first world countries...
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world!
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 26, 2020
Hypnotise:

Are you not a Nigerian? Or are you togolese?

Many are no longer Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by ddeola: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2020
Shame on UK ! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2020
They should pay up that money. UK should take it from our reserves.

Baba next level is always right

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by AreaFada2: 9:38am On Feb 26, 2020
Simplebeauty:
shocked shocked

Can this be true?
Fact. Very true. Most embassies owe. I think most foreign missions feel that they should have been exempted from paying congestion charge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commission Owes United Kingdom Government N3.3bn Traffic Fee - UK by TheChameleon: 9:39am On Feb 26, 2020
chrisxxx:

Why would I be ashamed when I am not plagued with inferiority complex like you ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Visits Buhari’s Birthplace, Daura, After Rally (Videos) / Habeeb Bama Captured Mastermind Of UN Building Bombing Is Dead! / State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.