Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano (41705 Views)

Moment Ganduje Was Sidelined By Northern APC Governors / Ban On Street Begging Forces Almajiri To Dumpsites In Kano / The Moment Ganduje Shaded Emir Sanusi, Reveals Why He Created New Emirates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Realstick941: 11:00am On Feb 26, 2020
he said “THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED” ... i taught they are kids.He is not ready to stop the almajiri schooling because those kids are victims not criminals
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by hajaraisah: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano Amaka!

Almajiri amaka

1 Share

Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by wavylevel: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2020
They breed like rats without thought for the welfare and future of their children.

Bloody leeches.

Fvck the North!
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by 77up(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
atleast their politicians invest in their state after looting

what have your own politicians done with their money other than share kerosene and leave you living in slum?
this is it,Aba ,one of the best in portorportor region grin

Instead of the idiots to hold their governors accountable, they are busy screaming about the states that never their own.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Appili(m): 11:07am On Feb 26, 2020
Good decision, this is a plus to Lagos State government decision.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by abuhari: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2020
Kudus to governor Ganduje, for making free and most western education in kano and it's environs
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2020
load all the beggars in trailers and send them to Lagos, Ibadan is also good and even Abeokuta
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by namiji2598: 11:17am On Feb 26, 2020
sunshineV:
So all Kano people go transfer to Lagos?
grin
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 26, 2020
Good one, I'm happy for the Ban. See also childbirth education and control for parents!
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by eyinjuege: 11:28am On Feb 26, 2020
I wish this man could just throw all sentiments aside and work hand in hand with Emir Sanusi. They can make such a great change in the lives of the common man in their state and other states will follow and copy them.
Imagine how great it sounds when an Almajiri boy with no father or mother to look after his welfare, becoming a neurosurgeon tomorrow and taking care of his own people.
I really wish more focus could be placed on these children to educate them. Some of the most brilliant persons I know are of northern extraction, but they are from rich or middle class homes.
The only hope the poor has, is for the government to step in and enforce compulsory basic education of primary and secondary schools.
Imagine those millions of children under the almajiri system becoming teachers, doctors, engineers, architects tomorrow. Won't they ensure they develop their region and make sure their region can be self sufficient?
Imagine the possible I.T consultants that could spring up from the north?
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by festus2001: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2020
Hmmmmmmm.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Herbodun(m): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2020
What A nice movement..kudos to this man
With free Education this Almanjiri will Not go school....
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Herbodun(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2020
abuhari:
Kudus to governor Ganduje, for making free and most western education in kano and it's environs
....Not only in Kano likewise in Jigawa state it's free Education... Even there tertiary institution is token Fees for females....
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by YourArewaSister: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
We thank God for Ganduje!!! A necessary move. Hopefully, it will be fully implemented.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by XaintJoel20: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
omowolewa:
Banning without alternative

I appreciate your logic, but education should be for trainable minds.

Those in their 50s, 60s or sooo layed back beyond educational repairs should have alternatives.

what happens to skill acquisitions, what happens to bringing them into Agro-value-chain , what happens to teaching the construction related skills. All this will not take them to the 4walls of the classrooms.

The collapse of Agriculture, Textile coupled with insurgency and voter card motivated birth is killing the north.

The truth is, those folks have found begging to be very lucrative and at such, there is hardly anything that they will find more appealing than begging...
The South will be the region to suffer for the ban.
In the coming days and months, the South will be witnessing the influx of more street beggars.
It's a pitiable situation...
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by dominique(f): 12:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
TBH it is almost impossible to completely ban street begging in the north. They see it as a lifestyle.

The best way to put a stop to begging is by educating the people on the necessity of birth control. But they (their politicians) wouldn't want that. They need the numbers for elections and to recruit political thugs.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mayb they are transported in trucks during the night.

I also think officials are fully aware
Na dem dey clear road sef.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
ursullalinda:
Thought one mofo was saying it's their pride and culture......good one from Gandollar.

They Ban it there and send them down South to collect from us

1 Like

Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Sermwell(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
atleast their politicians invest in their state after looting

what have your own politicians done with their money other than share kerosene and leave you living in slum?
look at the reasoning of an average dumb Nigerian youth. So looting is fine provided you invest in your state! smh
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by MissYusraah: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
spirul77:
I wonder the outburst that would greet the airwaves if begging is banned in Lagos too.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Stranger18: 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
sad my dear if u ban street begging alternative go come. Necessity is the mother of invention.
omowolewa:

Those in their 50s, 60s or sooo layed back beyond educational repairs should have alternatives.

what happens to skill acquisitions, what happens to bringing them into Agro-value-chain , what happens to teaching them construction related skills. All this will not take them to the 4walls of the classrooms.

The collapse of Agriculture, Textile industry coupled with insurgency and voter card motivated birth is killing the north.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Exodora: 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
omowolewa:

what happens to skill acquisitions, what happens to bringing them into Agro-value-chain , what happens to teaching them construction related skills. All this will not take them to the 4walls of the classrooms.

The collapse of Agriculture, Textile industry coupled with insurgency and voter card motivated birth is killing the north.
Before this they still need education if at least the basic of it .
I know a matured man in my village that can't count money.
You buy something of #49 or #30 for him to give you change he will give you change in excess.
You give him 3 fifty naira he says you gave him 3 blue colored money meaning you gave him #150.
He is very diligent in his work but at the end of the day been that he cannot count they give him anything for his payment. Thank God for his crazy wife and children who stood by him now.
No matter what they still need education at least the primary level of it.
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Ojetayo17(m): 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:
Kano Amaka!
are you sure that this place is kano
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by Arrewa: 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ojetayo17:
are you sure that this place is kano
I know every single places I posted there
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by valuch61: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
eastern governors pls ban it 2 as fast as possible for security reasons,b/c doz begers will be loading inside d last trailer dat is heading to east
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by ESEKING: 6:52am On Feb 27, 2020
Shut your mouth....which alternative?..its a bold step for Kano state Governor to make this declaration ..am in total support of this
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by pochoo: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
grin grin
easyfem:
Technically , most of Nigeria girls are begger
Re: The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano by NaMeAboki: 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
Bluntguy:
It's in their DNA, refusal to go to school. They are all waiting for power tomorrow. Ask each of them, they will tell you they will be the president of this country even without certificate. If you know you know.

Likewise, it is in the DNA of some ppl to wail about everything and blame anyone and everyone for everything including even when they are the architects of their own travails.
Their hate and insolence make them very toxic and unsellable: they have therefore have lost all hope of ever reaching the presidency; it is therefore not surprising that they are naturally very resentful of anyone with the dream of one day rising to be the president - if you know you know! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti House Of Assembly Holds Sittings At The Foot Of Ado-Ekiti Flyover (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu: Buhari Ordered Police To Harass EndSARS Protesters / Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.