Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

How I Carried Out Three Transformati Personal Community Development Service Proj - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How I Carried Out Three Transformati Personal Community Development Service Proj (310 Views)

How I Delivered 5 Nysc Community Development Service Projects In 5 Months / Female Nysc Corps Member That Carried Out 8 Cds Projects / Corper Michael Osadiaye Ehigiator's Community Development Project In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Carried Out Three Transformati Personal Community Development Service Proj by Chigopompey(m): 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
My name is Akinsina Segun Victor, a serving corps member at Communty Secondary School Etan, ekiti Local government, kwara state. A graduate of Osun State University who studied Economics.

I Carried out three transforming physical projects ( A market stall, Badminton court and a volleyball court)

Right from time , I have always said to my self that if I would be privileged to serve my fatherland through the NYSC, I will serve it diligently and make impact by touching lives and being part of any positive transformation at my host community.
At the Yikpata Orientation camp, we were told about what was expected of us at where we would be posted to for primary assignment which range from diligent discharge of duties as required from our employers and also involvement in the community development service ( hearing this opportunity to contribute to the development of where I would be posted to, I was so happy).

I thank God I got posted to Community Secondary School , Etan Community, ekiti Local Government Area, kwara state.

As soon as I got there I started looking for resources that were lacking that could be very essential to the lives of people of my host community and the students of my PPA.
I saw a lot of things lacking in the community but the ones that really caught my attention the most was in the market square and at my PPA. seeing traders every market- days when going to my PPA selling right beside the electricity transformer which is very dangerous and the palm oil sellers in the Sun and rain without a roof over their heads while selling their palm oils due to lack of adequate market stalls were very pitiable scenes and that broke my heart. I wasn't happy about it and I said to myself, I must find a means of addressing this issue. I discussed with major stakeholders in the community and they were very happy about my observation and intention to address the issue. The community gave me their full support both physically and financially in the course of working on it together and rest is history. . Thank you Etan community, thank you NYSC
At my PPA ( community Secondary School, Etan). In all honesty, the school is a very standardized one but the area that caught my attention the most is in the sports aspect. All I have been seeing is footballing and running. They have not been experiencing other aspects of sports and I thought I could open their eyes to at least another sport in the sports world to be able to compete with contemporaries nationally and internationally for the school and the country as a whole besides helping to maintain a healthy body system. I discussed with the School management they were happy about the development . At first the Principal was skeptical about how we could work on the financing of the project, i humbly told him that if i am privileged to be introduced to the parents of the students, am sure they would be convinced positively on the importance of partaking in as many sporting activities as possible on themselves, their families and the nation . He introduced me to the P.T.A chairman, we discussed and I was introduced to the parents through PARENTS AND TEACHERS ASSOCIATION meeting to express the development. The parents and teachers were very happy about it and we all discussed on how we were going to make it happen. I told the school principal on my plan for the sports facility to be successful, in the end I didn't come up with one sporting facility ( volleyball court ) but two ( a volleyball court and badminton court). I thank the School's management, Teachers , the P.T.A chairman and the students' parents for supporting and guiding me through. I thank NYSC for giving me this great privilege to contribute to the nation's development.

I was also able to activate more than 150 students , all staff of the School (my PPA) and market women traders of the community on the Sustainable Development Goals through the Kwara SDGs Team spearheaded by World Largest lesson under the Supervision and control of the SDGs Kwara State coordinator, Mr Kehinde Akinsola who has really been a source of motivation and inspiration to me through his actions and leadership skills. God bless Mr Kehinde Akinsola, God bless Kwara SDGs team and God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Corps Member Produces, Donates 100 Handwashing Soaps - Goodnews Only / I Started Making Face Mask To Help Fight COVID-19 / Register For TOEFL And GRE At Affordable Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.