Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Business Gone Wrong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Gone Wrong (849 Views)

Quality Igbo products From East That Has Gone National (photos) / Now Abokifx Is Gone,how Can We Know The Current Black Market value Of Naira? / Bank Transaction Gone Wrong. I'm Confused About The FBN/PAYRENA Stuff!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Gone Wrong by jessykings(f): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good evening fellow nairalanders, I'm in a mess right now and need directions as to what to do. Here's the gist
My friend and I visited this my former colleague at Christmas and on my way out I saw these used set of furniture (1two-seater and 2 single-seaters with a decorative stand) in her compound . Since I had just paid for an apartment after squatting with my friend for a while and needed things to stock the place, I immediately became interested and enquired about them. She told me that they were for sale that she would find out the price from the owner and get back to me. 2days later she chatted with my friend to inform her that the owner said he would sell at 20k. I wanted bargaining with her over the phone but my friend advised me to go over to her house and do that.
I went there, we talked I told her how much I intended paying and she called "the owner" and informed him and told me that the owner said he can sell for 15k so we agreed on that. I told that I was going to come for them at the end of January as soon as I get my salary but she insisted I go with them and pay at the end of January since she knows me. She even used her car to help me convey the things to my friend's that same day!
Now the chairs were worn out so I needed to change the foam as well as the covers,this same colleague of mine directed me to her husband's shop to buy the material of my choice to fix the chair. By the time I finished fixing the chairs, I realized I had spent almost 40k hence I was unable to pay by the end of January as agreed. I chatted her to give me more time as I had ran out of money which she accepted.
Now few days ago, I was opportuned to get some money and immediately sent 10k to her with the promise to complete the payment (5k)as soon as I get my salary this same week. She chatted me to please send the balance of 20k as the owner was already on her neck. I was shocked and asked her which 20k she was talking of, she said the bargain was 30k(twice the price) and not 15k. I tried to make her remember but she insisted that the owner said I should pay the balance of 20k or return the things. There was never any mention of 30k from the onset. My friend had to even screenshot the earlier chat they had 2days after we first saw the chairs and sent to her. She vehemently disagreed that the owner wants his furniture back.
Right now,at this point I don't know what to do. Please I need advice. Thanks
Re: Business Gone Wrong by Kooldon(f): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
It means that, you did not meet the rightful owner while bargaining the price.
Thank God you have the screenshot of the chats, go with it and show the owner, if he or she will shift grounds and if possible by pass the middle man while doing that

1 Like

Re: Business Gone Wrong by jessykings(f): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2020
Kooldon:
It means that, you did not meet the rightful owner while bargaining the price.
Thank God you have the screenshot of the chats, go with it and show the owner, if he or she will shift grounds and if possible by pass the middle man while doing that
OK, will do just that. Thanks
Re: Business Gone Wrong by dayleke: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
jessykings:
Good evening fellow nairalanders, I'm in a mess right now and need directions as to what to do. Here's the gist
My friend and I visited this my former colleague at Christmas and on my way out I saw these used set of furniture (1two-seater and 2 single-seaters with a decorative stand) in her compound . Since I had just paid for an apartment after squatting with my friend for a while and needed things to stock the place, I immediately became interested and enquired about them. She told me that they were for sale that she would find out the price from the owner and get back to me. 2days later she chatted with my friend to inform her that the owner said he would sell at 20k. I wanted bargaining with her over the phone but my friend advised me to go over to her house and do that.
I went there, we talked I told her how much I intended paying and she called "the owner" and informed him and told me that the owner said he can sell for 15k so we agreed on that. I told that I was going to come for them at the end of January as soon as I get my salary but she insisted I go with them and pay at the end of January since she knows me. She even used her car to help me convey the things to my friend's that same day!
Now the chairs were worn out so I needed to change the foam as well as the covers,this same colleague of mine directed me to her husband's shop to buy the material of my choice to fix the chair. By the time I finished fixing the chairs, I realized I had spent almost 40k hence I was unable to pay by the end of January as agreed. I chatted her to give me more time as I had ran out of money which she accepted.
Now few days ago, I was opportuned to get some money and immediately sent 10k to her with the promise to complete the payment (5k)as soon as I get my salary this same week. She chatted me to please send the balance of 20k as the owner was already on her neck. I was shocked and asked her which 20k she was talking of, she said the bargain was 30k(twice the price) and not 15k. I tried to make her remember but she insisted that the owner said I should pay the balance of 20k or return the things. There was never any mention of 30k from the onset. My friend had to even screenshot the earlier chat they had 2days after we first saw the chairs and sent to her. She vehemently disagreed that the owner wants his furniture back.
Right now,at this point I don't know what to do. Please I need advice. Thanks

Sorry to drag you back 2yrs o but I'm just curious as to how you resolved this.
So what happened eventually if you don't mind me asking?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Loan Urgently Needed!!! / I Need More Explanation On Gtbank "E- CHANNELS" Commission / At The Moment, What Is The Most Profitable Business To Setup With 600,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.