Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? (3328 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit / How To Start Plantain Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by HornyTave: 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2020
healthserve:
The real prices aren't posted by most farmers to not make it noisy. Yes, plantains sell as high as 1,500 Naira per bunch. But sometimes, the pricing isn't dissociative from Location,Season,Availability,Competition and Logistics involved. For example in the SS, its higher than the SW

Disclaimer: I've traded it in it for years with both the informal and formal sectors

You lie, I've 2 acres of plantian in the heart of SS, Benin to be precise and the highest we sell (during April is 14-15k per dozen) and during cheap times it goes as low as 8k per dozen.

mtchew, all these scams on nairaland
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by healthserve(m): 9:42am On Mar 14, 2020
HornyTave:

You lie, I've 2 acres of plantian in the heart of SS, Benin to be precise and the highest we sell (during April is 14-15k per dozen) and during cheap times it goes as low as 8k per dozen.

mtchew, all these scams on nairaland

Oga. I've seen your energy. I won't oblige you. Show me where I made an advert let alone planned a scam. SMH. Abuse of social media is really. Something

I'm sure you blinded yourself to my comment where I said for me 800naira should be used for projection. Once you people have small knowledge you can't put it to use without quarrels, arguments and all sorts of fights. Smh
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by HornyTave: 4:59am On Mar 15, 2020
healthserve:

Oga. I've seen your energy. I won't oblige you. Show me where I made an advert let alone planned a scam. SMH. Abuse of social media is really. Something

I'm sure you blinded yourself to my comment where I said for me 800naira should be used for projection. Once you people have small knowledge you can't put it to use without quarrels, arguments and all sorts of fights. Smh

I feel provoked seeing figures that's not reality. plantian could go as high as 1k+ and it's seasonal.
I might not be referring to you, my apologies if you feel offended by my words.
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by Daniel058(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
Una Don finally pursue Op commot for im trade grin
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by Oluaso: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Op started it though with flaws but with the various Frank and informed comments it remains a rich experience and a good reference post
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by ecstacybling: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
Bags of poultry manure available for sale in Benin City at affordable rates. Call or WhatsApp Ogbane Farms 08172072194
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by akzamani(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2020
God will kuku save us from internet farmers ��
Re: How Profitable Is Plantain Farming? by mfm04622: 11:16am On Oct 06, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
who sells none tissle culture suckers for 150 each? you can even get plantain suckers for as low as 15 naira each... grin grin and 1500 naira for a plantain bunch on a commercial scale?? irrespective of the season? I think the average price for this is 300 to 400 naira sometimes can go as low as 250, this write up has so many flaws.. and unrealistic

He is an internet farmer!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply for agric cooperative loan . / Stop Wasting Money On Adulterated Broiler Feed / Amazing Pic Of Yam Tubers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.