Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria (20917 Views)

Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide / How To Start A Profitable Pepper Farming Business Complete Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 11:35am On Jan 03
Greetings farmers, In this thread I will explain how Easy and profitable pepper farming is though I won't be Explaining in details grin

I started off early last year around the end of February, I did my nursery of roughly 3000 seeds (I pack of the super habanero f1 & the f2) after the nursery process I had at least 2500 seedlings which i transplanted into a small black nylon bag due to the temperature and weather conditions and it made it. easier for me to manage, it stayed at the small nylon bag till it first rain, I have already prepared the land so i transplanted the pepper to field, though it was raining daily but it was enough for the pepper to keep surviving. few weeks after transplant it started producing flowers and bearing seeds during that time it happens to be raining at least twice a week and it made the pepper healthy. around 2nd week of June my pepper started ripping and my first harvest was four bags. I harvest my pepper weekly and it increases after each harvest, during that period pepper was very scarce, costly and Infact,i wasn't meeting up with the supply because of the demand of the pepper in my area, when it was at it peak production I harvested 13 bags consecutively for 6weeks which was shocking and a bag was sold a 19k per 25kg bag. I harvested my pepper for 4 months before the production began to reduce but was still profitable. After the total harvest I made a profit of 200% return on Investment .

Pepper is very easy to maintain as long as you are giving it the necessary requirements and has just 40% stress but the stress can't be compared to the joy of making money every week. grin

We go again this year grin

51 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 11:36am On Jan 03
When I was about to harvest grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 11:39am On Jan 03
My first harvest grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 11:40am On Jan 03
8 bags in a day grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by progressb4andno: 11:52am On Jan 03
Bro, you harvests 8 bags of pepper per day in this economy.
Just go and start pricing range rover.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by dominique(f): 12:16pm On Jan 03
Nice one! I tried planting peppers by pouring out the water used in washing them but e no gree germinate embarassed

Won't the peppers spoil in that type of tight packaging?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 12:32pm On Jan 03
dominique:
Nice one! I tried planting peppers by pouring out the water used in washing them but e no gree germinate embarassed

Won't the peppers spoil in that type of tight packaging?
haha...you need special seedlings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by lorhema(f): 12:53pm On Jan 03
Congratulations.

I like your summary and lovely pictures.
Greater heights ahead.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Dnet9dnet: 12:55pm On Jan 03
Very industrious

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by fineboynl(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03
How much did you sell each bag.?

Because market women will sell about 10-12 pepper for 200.

What do you mean you heaviest 8 beg in a day?

Did you heaviest all the pepper or every blessed day that what you heaviest?

7 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by tiswell(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03
Nice one,wasiu
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Totilopussylick(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03
shocked

In 1998, my grandma used to plant garden eggs. I was around 11yrs then didn't know much about farming but am always with my grandma in the farm doing everything she said.

Can't remember how long it takes before harvesting it but we always smile to the bank after we're done.

After she passed away, i continued with the farming.

Today I am in Europe and all the money came from farming.

No look at the conditions, just focus and trust me. During harvesting moment, your neighbours will know that your food is done cool

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Fembleez1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03
Great Job Boss. Where is your farm located? East, West, North or South?

4 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by RandomFellow: 12:58pm On Jan 03
Me likey... I love agriculture, especially backyard farming. Sometimes, I wish I was in a remote are with some arable land.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Babangidapikin: 1:00pm On Jan 03
how did you arrive at 200% profit
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 1:01pm On Jan 03
Thanks
lorhema:
Congratulations.

I like your summary and lovely pictures.
Greater heights ahead.
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 1:01pm On Jan 03
Fembleez1:
Great Job Boss. Where is your farm located? East, West, North or South?
south

4 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by NwaliE01: 1:01pm On Jan 03
CodeTemplar:
haha...you need special seedlings.

Oh Jess. I am just learning this. Where can I get the special seedlings?
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 1:02pm On Jan 03
Babangidapikin:
how did you arrive at 200% profit
I harvest weekly form June to November

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 1:02pm On Jan 03
NwaliE01:

Oh Jess. I am just learning this. Where can I get the special seedlings?
there are hybrid seed you can get from the market

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by accantmanz: 1:03pm On Jan 03
donwily:
Very lucrative. Yoruba people like pepper more than food.
If a Yoruba girl urinates on your garden, the following day, pepper will sprout on the spot.

Next to pepper is agbado.
grin grin
No be only yoruba oh.
Even us for south like pepper die

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by somtovictor111: 1:04pm On Jan 03
fineboynl:
How much did you sell each bag.?

Because market women will see about 10-12 pepper for 200.

What do you mean you heaviest 8 beg in a day?

Did you heaviest all the pepper or every blessed day that what you heaviest?
when I started harvesting, that 25kg bag of pepper was sold at 19k and I harvest every Friday

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by fridaymantraz: 1:05pm On Jan 03
I like agricultural posts cos I like food grin grin
Great work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by sylve11: 1:05pm On Jan 03
Nice one @op. cool
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by ugbanante: 1:05pm On Jan 03
Am trill by ur achievement. Well done.
More harvest.

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by Sucre7: 1:07pm On Jan 03
This is nice.

But can you please explain further, like what's the cost of seeds, irrigation method, and pest control. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by ogbenimax007: 1:07pm On Jan 03
Where is your location
Re: How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria by DiamondNimi(m): 1:09pm On Jan 03
Where can we get the pepper seed,if you have the package kindly upload it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria Frozen Chicken / Get Your Nafdac Registration Number In 3months / 5 Top Benefits Of Cattle Colony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.