Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. (5579 Views)

Prohibition Of Spying And Prying Into People's Life / The Prohibition Of Looking At Another Person’s Private Part (awrah) / Kindness To Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by AbuTwins: 11:58am On Feb 27, 2020
1773. An-Nu`man bin Bashir (May Allah be pleased with them) said: My father took me to the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and said to him: “I have gifted one of my slaves to this son of mine.” The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, “Have you given such gift to every son of yours?” He replied, “No.” Thereupon he said, “Take this gift back.”

Another narration is: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, “Be mindful of your obligation to Allah and do justice in respect of your children.” My father came back and revoked his gift.

Another narration is: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked, “Have you other children besides this one?” He said, “Yes.” The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked, “Have you awarded a gift like this to all of them.” He said, “No.” The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “I am not going to bear witness to this act of injustice.”

Another narration is: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked, “Do you not except goodness from all of them as you except from him?” He said, “Yes, of course.” The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, “Then don’t do this (i.e., do not give a gift to one son only).”[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Source:
Imam Al-Nawawi’s Riyad-us-Saliheen
Chapter 353
Prohibition of giving preference to Children over one another in giving Gifts, etc.
https://abdurrahman.org/2014/09/04/riyad-us-saliheen-imaam-nawawi-chapter-353/

6 Likes

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2020
Jazakhumullahu khairan

4 Likes

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by FIRSTSECOND: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2020
.. MA sha Allahu!

2 Likes

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by ScaffoldCON: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Thank you for this.

What about a situation of blessing? Where a father blesses one son for something he's working on. He might bless the others in their own turn, I believe. But, does this negate the rule of equality?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by MyExpression(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2020
The council will also include one representative each from the federal ministries of humanitarian affairs, finance, environment, petroleum resources, North-East Development Commission and the Local Content Board
Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by marvin906(m): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2020
would really love to see the set of people that makes these rulings

7 Likes

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by fatymore(f): 9:55am On Feb 28, 2020
Some parents are ari iyawo ko iyale.

Once they see a child favoring them, they neglect the rest and call him Oluomo

2 Likes

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by money121(m): 10:25am On Feb 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by YaranNorth: 10:57am On Feb 28, 2020
marvin906:
would really love to see the set of people that makes these rulings
Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by Praktikals(m): 11:10am On Feb 28, 2020
Do you know what killed prophet muhammed?
Muhammed and his people killed the entire family of a jewish woman. The woman offered to cook dinner for him and he ate the food. Who does that? It goes without saying that he died as a result of the food poisoning

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by Bimpe29: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Salla llahu aleyi wasallam.
Truly there are perfect examples worthy emulation in the Holy Prophet.
Jumu'a Mubaraq!

2 Likes

Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by najib632(m): 9:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Praktikals:
Do you know what killed prophet muhammed?
Muhammed and his people killed the entire family of a jewish woman. The woman offered to cook dinner for him and he ate the food. Who does that? It goes without saying that he died as a result of the food poisoning
He died four years later while his companion that ate the food with him died after 2 days!
Re: Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. by Praktikals(m): 9:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
najib632:
He died four years later while his companion that ate the food with him died after 2 days!
Whats ur point, sir?

(1) (Reply)

10 Considerations When Searching For The One From An Islamic Perspective / Will My Act Of Worship Be Accepted? | Conditions Of Worship / Is Shafi & Witri Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.