Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus (98586 Views)

Recovered Patients Of Severe COVID-19 Infection More Likely To Die Within A Year / Covid-19: Entire Family Of 13 Catch Coronavirus! / People With Type A Blood More Likely To Catch Coronavirus, Study Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Beard gang. Didn't know beards also have names.

Lemme check for mine...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 6:06am On Feb 28, 2020
What sort of Rvbbish is this ?
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by gulfer: 6:09am On Feb 28, 2020
But the Chinese (origin of coronavirus) dont keep beard, so why was it prevalent there
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Stormywolf: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Beard gang. Didn't know beards also have names.

Lemme check for mine...
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2020
mascot87:
This life. Once upon a time, beard gangs are admired and loved by girls. Now, girls would be very careful around beard gangs or even run away from them because of corona virus. Nothing last forever....

Lol...you guys are crazy menhhnnn
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 28, 2020
Thank God my baby only has moderate and well trimmed 'moustash.' So no fear of getting close. grin
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by PapaAdanna: 7:34am On Feb 28, 2020
Shibaraba:
Beards Don join?
Doesn't apply to us. The only place we have hair is konko below

Of course una no d touch that part grin
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Kenshi26: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Period pain go affect them. grin
SweetPreeq:
Those that don't have beards nko
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by CaptainFM1: 10:09am On Feb 28, 2020
Apus:
I heard the news this morning. No way am I shaving the beard I've spent so much grooming.

Something must kill a man sha.

We are not talking of a man now, we are talking of human race.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by SweetPreeq(m): 11:06am On Feb 28, 2020
Kenshi26:
Period pain go affect them. grin

shocked
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by olenyi: 11:21am On Feb 28, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:
Have someone told phyno this?

Even Timaya
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Lawrenski: 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin grin grin grin
arantess:
Haaa, I must keep ma beards oo no matter what
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
No u for tell me make I barb goripa come b like person wet wan join army recruit
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Whizzyasqi: 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nothing lasts forever truly#
D beard attracting doz living beings wth kpekus b4 will now b an enemy to them now ( wetin Muniru no go c for dz world of vanity)
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Tirips(f): 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
Apus:
I heard the news this morning. No way am I shaving the beard I've spent so much grooming.

Something must kill a man sha.

Oya go die abeg
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Nowenuse: 2:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
Mymynd4u:
.. Just in time when I was planning to cut away my beards..
YOU no say we Igbo women, beards is our pride grin

Imagine if CORONAVIRUS enter Nigeria, na northern man and Igbo women d tin go first affect coz of their bear bear gringringrin

Na to isolate hausa men with Igbo women for one place

Hausa men with big poron gringrin
Igbo women with the high libido gringrin

Loool... You really cracked me up. You are to be awarded the TROLL OF THE YEAR award. grin
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by seangy4konji: 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
I no fit laugh.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by arantess: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
lonelydora:

Have you ever wondered why Safety officers and military men do not keep beards?
Military men keep beards too, they just need to apply for "excuse shave"
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ObinnaT: 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
Apus:

You fit spend 3-5k every month?? If you fit, go buy minoxidil

Which of the brand are you using pls?
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Apus: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
ObinnaT:

Which of the brand are you using pls?

Kirkland.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ObinnaT: 11:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
Apus:

Kirkland.

You know about alorepair? Does it work?

And for the 1 month supply tag, does it mean you have to stop using it immediately a month elapse and buy another even if it doesn't finish?
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Nine2Five: 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2020
Appleā€™s newest product is a face shield to protect against COVID-19

The Tech giant also on the frontline to stop the spread of Covid19.

Details here: https://www.9to5.com.ng/2020/04/07/apples-newest-product-is-a-face-shield-to-protect-against-covid-19/

Read and share...
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Apus: 12:43am On Apr 08, 2020
ObinnaT:

You know about alorepair? Does it work?

And for the 1 month supply tag, does it mean you have to stop using it immediately a month elapse and buy another even if it doesn't finish?

For Alorepair, I can't vouch for it since I never used it. But it should be fine since it contains the basic ingredient which is 5% minoxidil. My advice though is to choose Kirkland, it's effectiveness is too good to ignore but don't go expecting magic. It takes up to six months to see significant result depending on your gene. I was able to grow a full beard by the fifth month though but I still keep applying to make it turn terminal.

Traditionally each bottle is about 60ml(a month supply) that comes with a 1ml dropper which is to be used to apply twice a day(1ml per application). So that gives us exactly a month's supply. However you can choose to apply less, say 0.5ml especially when you are just starting out and continue to the next month till a bottle is exhausted. I bought a pack of six from jumia which I'm still using and July will make it exactly a year I started. I apply once everyday or every other day.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ObinnaT: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2020
Apus:

For Alorepair, I can't vouch for it since I never used it. But it should be fine since it contains the basic ingredient which is 5% minoxidil. My advice though is to choose Kirkland, it's effectiveness is too good to ignore but don't go expecting magic. It takes up to six months to see significant result depending on your gene. I was able to grow a full beard by the fifth month though but I still keep applying to make it turn terminal.

Traditionally each bottle is about 60ml(a month supply) that comes with a 1ml dropper which is to be used to apply twice a day(1ml per application). So that gives us exactly a month's supply. However you can choose to apply less, say 0.5ml especially when you are just starting out and continue to the next month till a bottle is exhausted. I bought a pack of six from jumia which I'm still using and July will make it exactly a year I started. I apply once everyday or every other day.

All the best.

Thank you.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Apus: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
ObinnaT:

Thank you.

Welcome.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ObinnaT: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
Apus:

Welcome.

One more question. I got alorepair and began using it on Sunday. I normally apply it first in the morning around 10am and then 10am again in the night. And in the morning, it's after I had taken my bath. Can I moisturise my face with a cream before applying it? Because I'm assuming it might not be effective if I do.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Apus: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
ObinnaT:

One more question. I got alorepair and began using it on Sunday. I normally apply it first in the morning around 10am and then 10am again in the night. And in the morning, it's after I had taken my bath. Can I moisturise my face with a cream before applying it? Because I'm assuming it might not be effective if I do.

Minox dries the skin which is why moisturising is also important during the process. However, it should not be done before applying minox as it would not allow the skin absorb it. Instead you can choose to wait after 4 hours or a little more(by this time, 70% of it would have been absorbed into the skin) then you can wash your face and moisture.

You should also be wary of the kind of moisturizer you use during this period. Most mositurizers are DHT blockers and are inhibitors to beard growth. Nivea soft, castor oil and peppermint essential oil are some good moisturizers you can try out.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ObinnaT: 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Apus:

Minox dries the skin which is why moisturising is also important during the process. However, it should not be done before applying minox as it would not allow the skin absorb it. Instead you can choose to wait after 4 hours or a little more(by this time, 70% of it would have been absorbed into the skin) then you can wash your face and moisture.

You should also be wary of the kind of moisturizer you use during this period. Most mositurizers are DHT blockers and are inhibitors to beard growth. Nivea soft, castor oil and peppermint essential oil are some good moisturizers you can try out.

Okay. Thank you. I have a beard oil which acts as a moisturizer. It contains castor and jojoba oil, but can I rub my normal cream on my other part of the body?

More like if I use dht blocker and rub it only on my body and not face, will it affect it. I am sorry for too many questions.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by Apus: 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
ObinnaT:

Okay. Thank you. I have a beard oil which acts as a moisturizer. It contains castor and jojoba oil, but can I rub my normal cream on my other part of the body?

More like if I use dht blocker and rub it only on my body and not face, will it affect it. I am sorry for too many questions.

Yes, you can rub any cream of your choice on other parts of the body even on some parts of the face but you should be careful not to touch the beard region. Your beard oil will be perfect for that area.

No problem, I do not find your questions too many.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by ObinnaT: 9:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
Apus:

Yes, you can rub any cream of your choice on other parts of the body even on some parts of the face but you should be careful not to touch the beard region. Your beard oil will be perfect for that area.

No problem, I do not find your questions too many.

Thank you so much.
Re: Coronavirus: These Beard Style May Make One More Likely To Catch Coronavirus by kingelemide18(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Apus:

All the best.
Boss do you have progress pics drop lets see abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 3 Girls Who Removed Their Breasts And Transitioned Into Men (Photo) / World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.