Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Tithe Not Compulsory For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Not Compulsory For Christians (163 Views)

Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tithe Not Compulsory For Christians by olorunlekewale: 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
Another proof to show that the Compulsory Tithing system is not in Christ's will for Christians is in Luke 12 vs 33:
[33] "Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys."

Why didn't Jesus said, "sell what you have and pay tithe" if Tithe is COMPULSORY for all Christians as some self-seeking pastors put it?

The Spirit of Jesus is against compulsory tithing system. In fact, He didn't pay the temple tax demanded from Him in Matthew 17:24-27 without issuing a query:

[24] When they had come to Capernaum, those who received the TEMPLE TAX came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?”

[25]He said, “Yes.” And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?”

[26]Peter said to Him, “From strangers.” Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free.

[27]Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money; take that and give it to them for Me and you.”(Matthew 17 : 24 - 27)

Jesus only paid the temple tax on the ground of LEST WE OFFEND THEM and not "lest we offend God" because that law was not impose on Him and His children by God!

Even when Peter was asked whether his Master (Jesus) was not used to paying temple tax, Peter answered YES!

That is why i groan in my spirit when i see the threat and curses been issued out by selfish and self- glorified pastors asking Christians to pay them 10% of their every income COMPULSORILY or be cursed, die quick, destroy, be impoverished, etc.
Whose interest are they serving?
Certainly not the interest of our dear LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

That is why, upon getting those do or die tithing and other collections from people, they would use the money to buy private jets, build magnificient temples, buy flashy cars, build expensive schools that many of their church members cannot afford and live large at the expense of people for whom Jesus died!
Re: Tithe Not Compulsory For Christians by phantom24: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
My brother Who is forcing you to pay tithe?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/02/20 / Happy First Sunday, Tell Us What Bother You And Affect Your Spiritual Life / Coronavirus: Pope Francis Confirms He’s Not Feeling Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.