Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport (91688 Views)

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm / COVID-19: Lagos Airport and Bus-Stops Get Disinfected (Videos) / Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Cameroonglass(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2020
E-screening
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by GamalNasser: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Commentor:

Shut up.

I have gone to help SA as they need experts in certain fields too.

I am here temporarily and it is not my home.

Just because you are gnashing your teeth doesn't mean others are in your category.

And you are a confirmed liar.

I'm done with you in this thread.

I'm sure before the end of today, you would be on another thread screaming Buhari again.

He is not responsible for your suffering. It started many years ago.

Expert? Expert in what? I never knew South Africa required the services of of expert liars and spinners . You can never be an expert on any reasonable field Mister man !!!! Never

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by showafrica(m): 9:51am On Feb 28, 2020
ursullalinda:
Abeg all these Ajala the travellers should stay in their countries for now......we are not ready for more crisis.....we have enough already.

I thought Buhari is planning to visit China to negotiate currency swap.

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by koolbe(m): 9:52am On Feb 28, 2020
If they screen , how did d Italian come in?
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Femeto: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2020
So how did it get in to the country then?
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:04am On Feb 28, 2020
themonk:

You are responding emotionally not rationally to that dude. He brought up serious points, there is a reason recently most countries quarantines everyone on a ship if one single person is sick. The incubation period should be accounted for once a person is suspect.

Also someone in the screenshot above said he came in from Germany and was not screened. Obviously the government is trying but more needs to be done especially in educating people.
you are brilliant.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Expert? Expert in what? I never knew South Africa required the services of of expert liars and spinners . You can never be an expert on any reasonable field Mister man !!!! Never

Jealous much?
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by crestdevelopers: 10:17am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
Propaganda has its limits.

Even China the king of propaganda tried to sweep things under the rug but it backfired.

Nigerian government should swallow its battered pride and ask WHO for help now with proper screening equipments before its too late.
good suggestion
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by rOsy247(f): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2020
Why was the Italian man not detected then? Hey gawd who born me for this kind kwantry sef
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by don4real18(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Commentor:

Did America and the rest of the world place a ban on travelers from UK?

Because UK had confirmed cases over 3 weeks ago.

Let me rephrase it. Countries with a large number of confirmed cases
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Reference(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2020
Haven't they heard that symptoms do not indicate the presence or absence of the virus. For a virus thst incubates for anything up to a month this is useless. Just ban travel from affected zones. They açcepted a flight from a hotspot. What did they expect. No flight from Southern Europe and South East Asia for now, period. There is no economic activity that is worth the risk. What stupid work was the Italian coming to do.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by codedguy1(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2020
All this na story.

By the time we hear of the 2nd case in maybe ondo and a 3rd case in Adamawa and 4th case in pH that is when we will know how far. Make Godairpus oooo.

I just hope and pray that the virus doesnt/can't survive in a black mans body since they were surprised the black Cameroonian that had the virus in China miraculously recovered. If not, na serious Gone we don enter with this incompetent govt.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 28, 2020
codedguy1:
All this na story.

By the time we hear of the 2nd case in maybe ondo and a 3rd case in Adamawa and 4th case in pH that is when we will know how far. Make Godairpus oooo.

I just hope and pray that the virus doesnt/can't survive in a black mans body since they were surprised the black Cameroonian that had the virus in China miraculously recovered. If not, na serious Gone we don enter with this incompetent govt.

A lot of people have recovered from Coronavirus 19. Possibly more Asians than Europeans, Africans and other races.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by codedguy1(m): 10:46am On Feb 28, 2020
EddyNumerouno:
[s][/s]

For a disease with the capability to wipe out a significant percentage of our population, do you think that the FG tried their best?
If we can budget N600m for brand new cars for our legislators, don’t you think this case should have been a priority?

Btw, what in God’s name is self quarantine?
The average international aircraft will have about 50 passengers. While you are busy managing your npower salary, consider that a single sneeze from that Italian man onboard might spread the virus.
Las las, this buhari regime failure will touch every every

Those idiots would rather drive a 2020 Toyota Camry while asking for SUV's for their oversight functions than to earmark that money for approoriate and standard screening equipments at our ports.

The concept of self quarantine is laughable, very naive, stupid, senseless and total lack of understanding of the consequences of such an advice/action.

What is wrong with us? angry
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by codedguy1(m): 10:48am On Feb 28, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

A lot of people have recovered from Coronavirus 19. Possibly more Asians than Europeans, Africans and other races.

Yes I know. I only emphasised on the Cameroonian because he seems to be the only known black person that had contracted and recovered from the virus.

Except there are other black Africans you know of.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Obiaksnews: 11:18am On Feb 28, 2020
Well the fact that an individual doesn't show symptoms at the time of landing doesn't mean they are or aren't carrying the disease as it has being stated times without number that the disease has an incubation period of two weeks. Therefore someone who wasn't sick last week can become sick this week. The only way to know out-rightly if a patient is carrying the disease is by testing them in a laboratory. So think, How many thousands of people coming into Nigeria can be taken to the laboratories to be tested daily ? The only way of avoiding the disease is by placing a ban on flights from countries where high infection rates have being announced or recorded, which i think Italy wasn't one of them.
dadebayo1:
So how come the Italian escaped grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Got Infected With HIV / Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / How To Naturally Cure Quick Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.