Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport (91673 Views)

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm / COVID-19: Lagos Airport and Bus-Stops Get Disinfected (Videos) / Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 8:52am On Feb 28, 2020
blowjohn:

For arrivals.
Test for the virus in the blood since they may not show symptoms physically.
What's funny?
Do t u know blood samples can be taken in a smart way?

Abeg dont make me laugh.

You would take blood samples from a Jehovah's Witness?

Or you would be pricking the finger of every traveler into the country?

OK, show me one country that has adopted this measure.

And when you get the blood what happens with the individuals, you keep them until your results come out?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Acidosis:

Corruption is a global issue that's why we have an international, not national, organization like Transparency International.

It is true corruption exists in the private sector but how many customers have forfeited their savings because of corruption? Can we compare the stats to the volume of resources the average citizen forfeits in the public sector?

Has any ATM machine ever ask you for bribe before withdrawal? Has any teller or bank Manager?

Now relate this to your experiences in the public sector (police, customs, airport, CAC, even public and state universities). The stats can never be on the same page because unlike the public sector, the average customer knows the right places to report such issues to, he's confident of getting justice, and with more technology, human communication has become minimal. Advanced countries are less corrupt because of technology. The banker is also aware that failure to remain diligent and upright will cost him his job.

Where are the corrupt bankers of yesterday? Sacked, yeah? Where are the corrupt public officers of yesterday? Some of them are governors and president today.

Corrupt bankers of yesterday are the boardroom captains of today go figure.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2020
CORONA CORONA CORONA how many times I call you? U better leave niaja ,na suffer u go suffer here o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Derrinclay:
CORONA CORONA CORONA how many times I call you? U better leave niaja ,na suffer u go suffer here o

grin

Tell am o!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by don4real18(m): 9:01am On Feb 28, 2020
ceejeck:
Looks like a movie, though in my dreams.

Something tells me those equipment aren't original either.
They are original but with only 37% success rate. That is why other countries placed a ban on states with confirmed cases but unfortunately, Nigeria was welcoming everybody.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by urchcoded(m): 9:01am On Feb 28, 2020
Commentor:

So you would quarantine just about every traveller out of Europe, Asia and America.?
dat would probably be hectic and unfeasible. But what I'm trying to say is all . measures should be channeled to prevention.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by GamalNasser: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Commentor:

Dreaming is free.

An anonymous forum allows for all sorts of chest beating, especially from your ilk.

On all counts of human development indices there is no comparison.

That's the reason, I'm at peace with government while you display your frustration everyday.

The government is not responsible for your challenges.

If you think back, it is actually an inherited trait.

Mgbeke.

Ofcourse you are at peace with the govt because of your self centered nature !!!!!! As long as you are making something you don't care about general well being of the entire society , that's the difference between you and some of us .. I keep saying a made a killing financially under the Jonathan govt but I still became one of the biggest critic of that govt ( an action I heavily regret now ) and infact silly me went on to campaign and vote for Buhari ..In todays Nigeria God is still coming through for me despite the ragtag Buhari economy so much my general lifestyle is still very comfortable by any standard in any country but I still find time to come out and say the truth about this failed govt that is failing everyone including a giant like Dangote . I can never be happy seeing Nigeria so hopeless and forlorn and gradually being overun by poverty and insecurity . You have now gone to SA to go enjoy better governance while supporting an inept man to destroy your own country .SMH
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by xpensivNas(m): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2020
This corona virus should find it way to sambisa abeg
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Softmojo(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2020
FLIR thermal camera.

Lagos not economising in this case. I hope other states wont start using cheap china stuff grin
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by stmartins4: 9:04am On Feb 28, 2020
If they are screening people how did the Italian that has coronavirus enter the country undetected
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by ucham: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2020
blackboy:
Arrived at the Asaba airport and all of us that arrived were screen ed
Heiii! Chineke!! Arrived from where? Make una dey go back abeg. I take God beg una. Hope say una never enter Onitsha. Make una no come kill me for Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Acidosis(m): 9:05am On Feb 28, 2020
Commentor:

Corrupt bankers of yesterday are the boardroom captains of today go figure.

What's the practical effect of corruption in the bank on you as a customer?
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2020
Acidosis:

What's the practical effect of corruption in the bank on you as a customer?

Let's just say a certain bank changed my details and started withdrawing money from my account whilst I was outside the country.

Thankfully, it was an account that I wasn't really depending on. Had a few hundred thousand.

The matter is still on.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by BotherMleeper(m): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2020
That's a thermometer, and it's not very effective.

Some people are asymptomatic and still contagious, and they've no fevers.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by blowjohn(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Commentor:

Abeg dont make me laugh.

You would take blood samples from a Jehovah's Witness?

Or you would be pricking the finger of every traveler into the country?

OK, show me one country that has adopted this measure.

And when you get the blood what happens with the individuals, you keep them until your results come out?

Jevovahs witness dont take or give blood so that's their wahala.
The names and phone numbers of the travellers are already taken na for contact tracing.
Tough times call for tough measures bro.
To me that's one method.
Check it out this italian that tested positive......we would have know if he had the virus from day 1 if he had his blood samples taken.
Besides we can always narrow down the people who will give blood samples by looking at the country they arrived from.

The other countries taking measures, how has it prevented the virus from entering?
A song as one doesn't show symptoms even with the virus, blood test is the key
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2020
don4real18:

They are original but with only 37% success rate. That is why other countries placed a ban on states with confirmed cases but unfortunately, Nigeria was welcoming everybody.

Did America and the rest of the world place a ban on travelers from UK?

Because UK had confirmed cases over 3 weeks ago.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2020
blowjohn:

Jevovahs witness dont take or give blood so that's their wahala.
The names and phone numbers of the travellers are already taken na for contact tracing.
Tough times call for tough measures bro.
To me that's one method.
Check it out this italian that tested positive......we would have know if he had the virus from day 1 if he had his blood samples taken.
Besides we can always narrow down the people who will give blood samples by looking at the country they arrived from.

The other countries taking measures, how has it prevented the virus from entering?
A song as one doesn't show symptoms even with the virus, blood test is the key

No country would engage in this act.

Not one.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Mattsilva: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2020
seunmohmoh:
I don't even know what to type.
better abeg. because am tired of reading too many Scarry nonsense about all of this.. no come kill person with grammar.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2020
stmartins4:
If they are screening people how did the Italian that has coronavirus enter the country undetected

The same way the virus went undetected in Italy and USA.

Or are those ones equally inept?
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by macjireh: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2020
dadebayo1:
So how come the Italian escaped grin
if he escaped,,, how was he caught? my friend use ur brain... He was discovered as soon as he came in on d 25th Feb
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Commentor: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Ofcourse you are at peace with the govt because of your self centered nature !!!!!! As long as you are making something you don't care about general well being of the entire society , that's the difference between you and some of us .. I keep saying a made a killing financially under the Jonathan govt but I still became one of the biggest critic of that govt ( an action I heavily regret now ) and infact silly me went on to campaign and vote for Buhari ..In todays Nigeria God is still coming through for me despite the ragtag Buhari economy so much my general lifestyle is still very comfortable by any standard in any country but I still find time to come out and say the truth about this failed govt that is failing everyone including a giant like Dangote . I can never be happy seeing Nigeria so hopeless and forlorn and gradually being overun by poverty and insecurity . You have now gone to SA to go enjoy better governance while supporting an inept man to destroy your own country .SMH

Shut up.

I have gone to help SA as they need experts in certain fields too.

I am here temporarily and it is not my home.

Just because you are gnashing your teeth doesn't mean others are in your category.

And you are a confirmed liar.

I'm done with you in this thread.

I'm sure before the end of today, you would be on another thread screaming Buhari again.

He is not responsible for your suffering. It started many years ago.
Re: Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport by Mattsilva: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2020
dodoniyi:
They should have built quarantine facility centers at the airport. People including the pastors and senators who arrive from overseas will be able to stay for two weeks.

good point .
but instead of thinking to this direction, many of our politicians will see this corona virus outbreak in Nigeria as an avenue for looting more cash now,
God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / How To Naturally Cure Quick Ejaculation / COVID-19 Toll: United States Records Over 2,400 Deaths In 24 Hours(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.