Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku (7569 Views)

Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Lawmakers Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly To Honour Young Rocket Launchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2010
@MetalGong4: and I agree with u. But, as far as Nigeria will rid of the waste called the North, then I'm all for it. I believe a new Nigeria might emerge (if it doesn't disintegrate) in 2011 and beyond. . . . And progressives in the West and East will be allowed to play a big role in its development. But, that will not happen if anuofias like IBB and Atiffku are allowed to grab a hold of the keys to Aso Rock. Anything to kick them off the cliff is welcome by me. Either that or split the country, and let each go its way and chase his own destiny guided by the power of God, Allah, Olodumare, Chineke or whatever it is everyone believes in!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2010
Some Nigerians are so blind to that which is right in front of them

a) Imo state is itself on fire -- The State receives billions that the state Government has yet decided to actually use to the betterment of the state, especially when Neighboring states are doing so much more better -- Enugu etc

b) The legislators in Imo State are busy making stupid laws that does not even affect the rest of the country much but essentially cripples life for businesses and people within the state

But no, you are more concerned with making life miserable for Hausa, and in a country like Nigeria with a population of about 150 million, the only way to do that is by shooting down at the lives of Imo State people whose population is just about 4 million, less than 3% of Nigeria as a whole? ROFLMAO!!

Nigerians, save thine own selves FIRST!!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 1:22am On Dec 20, 2010
If u like ROFLMAO pass this one, na ur Wahala be that. Infact laugh until u roll enter pit wey na snake full am, na u sabi. That no go change the matter at hand! Imo state has chosen, Almajiri has chosen: let competition start immediante! You thought I've gone abi? Fa fa foul!I dey here for u, all day! Se u say u be Ewure we no dey hear word? I say u don meet ur match. We will do this until we delve into ignorance! I see ur used to people backing down against u, sorry o, me self I no normal so I welcome this kin madness! Nigerians are blind u say? Ah, well, na dem be dat. Me, I be bonafide Americana, so I know say I no dey the category of "blind people" wey u dey describe! I like the way uve sidestepped my questioning ur take on Atiku as the Northern Consensus candidate. I don ask u b4, eye problem dey catch u once u reach that part?! ROFLMAO! Ohaneze has spoken. Kaduna Mafia has spoken. I'm earnestly waiting to hear wetin OPC,NDPVF , Massob and co get talk about the whole issue. But until ur fellow Almajiri get educated and informed enough to know that u have to learn live and let live; you and I will not see eye to eye on this issue. Oya, answer the Atiku question now abi finger dey pain u?!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Dec 20, 2010
I see, it is OK for you since you are an AMERICANA to propose that 4 million people be subjected to a life less than you are willing to give your ownself in America, just to satisfy your hate for Hausa's who will probably not even be pinch by the stupidity exhibited by the legislators in Imo State AGAINST, no other but those who live in the State of Imo, huh? That is how much you love your people who do not have access to the same civil liberties and respect you currently enjoy as an American . . . WOW . . . the meaning of Love must have changed!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 1:54am On Dec 20, 2010
Chei! See hypocrisy of the highest order! Now now kobojunkie don turn Mahatma Ghandi, freedom fighter for the people of Imo State!lol. Who beg u? Yes, I'm an Americana, e dey pain u? So, if we condemn the acts of Imo House of Reps suffering will cease immediately and Imo State will immediately turn into Hong Kong?! Abeg ur hypocrisy no get second. Meanwhile, what's ur take on Atiku being jammed down the throat of the populace? Abi ur computer no dey show my query? ROFLMAO. P.s: I'll back off from replying ur accusation that I hate Hausas, cus if I do my reply wiLl be laced with venomous insults and that's not my style. But, I see ure not relenting in ur penchant to win every argument at all costs. Like I said sha; I DEY HERE FOR YOU!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Dec 20, 2010
May I suggest you at least learn the meaning of the word HYPOCRISY that you keep throwing around there, cause it is becoming all too apparent you have no clue what words to use.

Kobojunkie:

I see, it is OK for you since you are an AMERICANA to propose that 4 million people be subjected to a life less than you are willing to give your ownself in America, just to satisfy your hate for Hausa's who will probably not even be pinch by the stupidity exhibited by the legislators in Imo State AGAINST, no other but those who live in the State of Imo, huh? That is how much you love your people who do not have access to the same civil liberties and respect you currently enjoy as an American . . . WOW . . . the meaning of Love must have changed!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 2:07am On Dec 20, 2010
I repeat: URE AN HYPOCRITE! At the same time sha, feel free to teach me its proper meaning if u feel I'm not educated enough to know what it means! Yes, u can condemn the Imo State House of Assembly but your HYPOCRISY won't let u do same to ur Almajiri kin! This is one argument u won't win. Why? Cus YOU R A HYPOCRITE!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 2:09am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

May I suggest you at least learn the meaning of the word HYPOCRISY that you keep throwing around there, cause it is becoming all too apparent you have no clue what words to use.

Kobojunkie:

Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 2:16am On Dec 20, 2010
Chei, Kobo, na so e don reach? U no get nothn else to say na to dey quote urself come remain now? O ma se o! See ur life? See wetin hypocrisy don cause u? U no wan condemn Shrekroma, AtiffKu, or IBBomber, na Imo State legislators u wan start teach the tenets of democracy. O da bi npe nkan ti njeun ni ori e, sef!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 2:28am On Dec 20, 2010
I'm still waiting on ur answer about 9 people in the North trying to force a President on the rest 150million people!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by lindalee(f): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2010
Hmm!! this one nar Mahatma gandhi against Americana! Abeg una take am before una cause 3rd world war, Their is no way u guys can force urselves to acccept ur opinions, Just chill and stop this NL argument,
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by kodewrita(m): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
Please forgive them, its simply an affirmation that votes do not control this democracy: the political class is in charge of that. Hopefully their current divided state will help us bring down a lot of them.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by seye4nii(f): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ jaygetta,,,,,and kobojunkie,,,,,,, I LIKE U BOTH I DON LAUGH TAYA,,,
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by hollars(m): 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2010
they have the right to choose who to support for any post at any level, they can decide to go in one peice or break to support different aspirants. so that's just a decision made by them and its no surprise, sweet ride for GEJ
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
This is a welcome development. Atiku has no place in this forth coming election because he is a biggot. He left PDP for AC and later came back after badmouthing PDP. He is an unserious element and a corrupt Nigerian I feel sorry sharing that name "NIgerian" with him. Any body who votes for him is either naive of the person of Atiku or he/she is corrupt him/herself. This election belongs to GEJ
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by KA24DETT(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
@kobojunkie,  u don jam transformer today,,, jaygetta na bad meat,,, u still never answer the guy questionoo ,, actually, i dey wait for the answer sef
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by confetti(f): 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2010
Haha! Still laughing over how jay and Kobo have stolen the show here.

Who really is Jay? me thinks you should better enter naija comedy o! cos I don laugh so te my office pple dey wonder whether I well abi I don dey kolo.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by swezenberg(m): 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
The law makers shouldn't have made their intentions known. Politics require u to be as wise as the serpent. The Yorubas will not tell u they will not vote for u but what they will do is in their mind. They did this to their own son OBJ who even lost his own ward. In politics you don't voice out your plans but you let the polls do it. Atiku now knows where he needs to start working from. The east needs to do more to beat the politics of the north
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by swezenberg(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2010
I dey laugh is a political statement
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by luvkia(m): 2:58pm On Dec 20, 2010
This country is dying.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by tomidayspring: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Some Nigerians are so blind to that which is right in front of them

a) Imo state is itself on fire -- The State receives billions that the state Government has yet decided to actually use to the betterment of the state, especially when Neighboring states are doing so much more better -- Enugu etc

b) The legislators in Imo State are busy making silly laws that does not even affect the rest of the country much but essentially cripples life for businesses and people within the state

But no, you are more concerned with making life miserable for Hausa, and in a country like Nigeria with a population of about 150 million, the only way to do that is by shooting down at the lives of Imo State people whose population is just about 4 million, less than 3% of Nigeria as a whole? ROFLMAO!!

Nigerians, save thine own selves FIRST!!

@KOBOJUNKIE or whatever Junkie you may be, its you and your generations that should go blind okk?

And stuff your American wanna be-ish down your throat because the best you can ever be over there is a second class citizen.

I am disgusted whenever i see you talking with that air of self-righteousness, defending the malos with all vigor and calling "NIGERIANS" as if you are not one of us.

A group of Igbos took a decision for whatever reasons known only to them and you come on here talking about some state burning? Is IMO state the only state burning in Nigeria? Where were you when CIROMA polarised the whole country with his tribalistic Presidential agenda?
[b]

I am neither in support or against their decision but please and please, stuff all your useless analysis down your throat junkie. You really goofed on this one try again next time. thanks
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by spearman(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
Please leave Kobojunkie alone. Agree or disagree with her, she has comported herself very well in this debate by using non abusive language. You all do the same. PLEASE. sad
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by debosky(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
KA24DETT:

@kobojunkie,  u don jam transformer today,,, jaygetta na bad meat,,, u still never answer the guy questionoo ,, actually, i dey wait for the answer sef

No be only bad meat, na rotten, smelly, decomposed meat. grin

How can anyone logically compare the 'Northern elders selection' of Atiku and a LEGISLATIVE body 'rejecting' Atiku's candidacy?

The elders are free to meet and decide whomever they want to support - they are PDP members and are doing so in their personal capacity, not in any official one. Contrast this to the idiotic and moronic Imo legislators who, instead of making laws that will impact the lives of Imo residents positively, are busy angling for Ghana-must-gos from GEJ's campaign organisation.

The idiots should focus on cleaning up the mess in Imo and leave their opinions on party matters out of official legislative duty.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2010
spearman:

Please leave Kobojunkie alone. Agree or disagree with her, she has comported herself very well in this debate by using non abusive language. You all do the same. PLEASE. sad

Methinks she did that cos jay also has subliminal venom in his mouth, if to say na person wey she go fit intimidate, she for don tear am to shreds

jaygetta:

Chei, Kobo, na so e don reach? U no get nothn else to say na to dey quote urself come remain now? O ma se o! See your life? See wetin hypocrisy don cause u? U no wan condemn Shrekroma, AtiffKu, or IBBomber, na Imo State legislators u wan start teach the tenets of democracy. O da bi npe nkan ti njeun ni ori e, sef!

Haaa! Kobo jam transformer today. but seriously, kobo hasnt answered jay's question and she has been avoiding it deliberately. Methinks kobo has the rest of her life to remain stubborn, why not take the day off and backout?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2010
No be only bad meat, na rotten, smelly, decomposed meat.

How can anyone logically compare the 'Northern elders selection' of Atiku and a LEGISLATIVE body 'rejecting' Atiku's candidacy?

The elders are free to meet and decide whomever they want to support - they are PDP members and are doing so in their personal capacity, not in any official one. Contrast this to the idiotic and moronic Imo legislators who, instead of making laws that will impact the lives of Imo residents positively, are busy angling for Ghana-must-gos from GEJ's campaign organisation.

The idiots should focus on cleaning up the mess in Imo and leave their opinions on party matters out of official legislative duty.

though what the legislators did is an unwelcome development, but can you blame them--- after all they were elected, they represent their constituencies, its the people who elected them that should be shouting hoarse and calling for their heads---not anyone here nor kobojunkie either, last we checked she is not even in the country---abi she wan cry more than the bereaved, but what right and moral capacity do a group of 9 old idiots have to force Atiku on 150 million citizens, who do they represent ?, were they elected by the people of the North ?,---c'mon wetin good for goose good for gander,
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by daphil: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2010
"Imo State House of Assembly at the weekend passed a resolu-tion rejecting the candida-ture of former Vice Presi-dent Atiku in the up- com-ing primaries of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)."

Please let's someone help my understanding: Is it allowed for the Houses of Assembly to converge during the weekend and pass resolution? Is it legal?

Are they not doing the right thing at the very wrong time?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^ Is it ever the right thing for LAWMAKERS to decide for the people who they can or cannot vote for(when the constitution is clear on who qualifies or does not qualify to run for presidency in that nation)? This ought to be a party issue and not made an issue of the state, which is what these LAWMAKERS have chosen to do, by their action here.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2010
If you support or vote for Atiku it shows who you are because only fools will vote for him. So who are you? Are you foolish or wise?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by debosky(m): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2010
babasoty:

though what the legislators did is an unwelcome development, but can you blame them--- after all they were elected, they represent their constituencies, its the people who elected them that should be shouting hoarse and calling for their heads---not anyone here nor kobojunkie either, last we checked she is not even in the country---abi she wan cry more than the bereaved, but what right and moral capacity do a group of 9 old idiots have to force Atiku on 150 million citizens, who do they represent ?, were they elected by the people of the North ?,---c'mon wetin good for goose good for gander,

They did not impose Atiku on 'Nigerians'. Last I checked, they endorsed him to contest at the PDP primaries - to vie for the position of PDP candidate. This is not an imposition of any sort, as Atiku will need to pass through the PDP process, then win, then win the election before becoming president.

Secondly, even if the elders were 'forcing' Atiku on Nigerians, must legislators participate in such a farce? They should use their legislative knowledge to get the party delegates to vote against Atiku instead of making fools of themselves.

If a madman spits at you, will your response be to spit in retaliation?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by BetaThings: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
koastar:

If you support or vote for Atiku it shows who you are because only fools will vote for him. So who are you? Are you foolish or wise?
Only fools vote for PDP anyway!. Am I wise or foolish? Only God can tell. However I cannot see the sense in anybody criticising Ciroma and then supporting  the Imo Assembly's action. If Ciroma is polarising the country, then must the Imo Assembly do the same? I don't even believe Ciroma and co are polarising the country, (if you so believe, then you must believe that Igbo leaders who say the presidency must be zoned to the SE in 2015 are also polarising the country). But legislators in a SE state saying a Northerner should not contest is not the smartest move in town. It may come to haunt them some time in the future. Getting Atiku out by all means may be sweet, but there may be price to pay in the future

Within Imo State, there are tax payers who hate both Atiku and GEJ. So why spend the time paid for by all tax payers to vote on PDP issues
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by BetaThings: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
babasoty:

Ciroma is an i.diot? Why? Because he is from the North? The man is a product of UI and was CBN governor! I am not sure that a stark illiterate (like somebody has described him as) can hold that position. Is Jega too an illiterate. El Rufai? Ribadu? Jubril Aminu who was a star in UI? A lot of southerners study in the North under teachers from  the North. Think again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is What National And State Assemblies Will Earn. / Riot Breaks Out In Owerri / Imo Assembly Denies Endorsing Uche Nwosu, Okorocha's Son-in-law For Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.