Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) (49638 Views)

Nigerian Nurse & His Fiancée Die In Motor Accident 6 Weeks After Engagement / Narrative Of A Journey From Sokoto To Akwa Ibom / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=TheLasyBuddha post=98178903][/b]

Thank you so much.
I checked it out, https://www.naric.org.uk/. It is useful as a replacement for IELTS in the UKVI requirements.
But NMC is accepting IELTS and OET for now.
https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/english-language-requirements/accepted-tests/
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by adrenaline02: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
Soknown:
If I may, Masters in Mental health Nursing.
Ok, thanks
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by adrenaline02: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Soknown:
I appreciate
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by EbonyCy(f): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
BlackNostra:

Thanks, especially for the NGO info. I'll look into it.

Which state do you reside...I know of an NGO at the east recruiting nurses
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by IYIMAN: 12:50am On Jan 23, 2021
Soknown:
After the Census, We started training on emergency response, the modules were like Trauma life Support but it was labeled Basic life Support. The participants include Nurses, Doctors, and Lab scientists. We were trained for three weeks after which we did a test and the Simulations or simply ‘Sims’.
We were then posted to our different teams, In the operations department, there were Team A, Team B, and Team C. All reporting to the Operations Officer and the Operations Manager. There were Ambulance points in St’ Nicholas on Campbell street. VGC Clinic, Mediclinics in Isaac John Street in Ikeja, Adeniran Ogunsaya street in Surulere, another one was at AP Muller terminal in Apapa. There was one ambulance attached to Abuja and Port-Harcourt Clinic respectively. At some point, the Ambulance at St’ Nicholas was moved to Freeman's house in Idumota owned by one Multinational oil company, there was another Ambulance moved to Caverton Helicopters on Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Later on, another ambulance at Old Maritime House on Apapa-Oshodi expressway. The shift was 12hours long either day or night, Each person working on the Ambulance, whether you are a Doctor, Nurse or First-aider was expected to do a 4 day-time shift, then 4-night shifts followed by 4 days off irrespective of your locations.
Apart from the primary Ambulance locations, we have contracted Ambulance locations like the West African Gas Pipeline Project, the TTC in Ogere. Seasonal Ambulance contract like Guilder ultimate search, the BBN, Star trek, Lagos City marathon. Econet sponsored Basketball Championship.
I worked in almost all the ambulance points within and outside the company, In April 2006, I had my first taste of outside deployment, I was deployed to a Technical training center in Ogere. The facility was being used by one oil major for the training and deployment of its new staff. This was a very boring place when compared to other deployments. In June I was deployed to West African Gas Pipeline Project (WAGP), this was an action-packed experience. Flying the ambulance from Ikeja through the Lagos-Abeokuta expressway to Sango then through Agbara to Badagry. There was a Gas plant Interchange at Ajido called Ajido Station and another one at Agbado Station. The main work-yard was at Oko-afor. The Project was for laying Gas pipelines from Escarvos to Benin, Togo, and Ghana. The pipeline passed through Rivers, Lagoon, Swamps, Forest, and deep Jungles. I cannot remember the number of times that the Kia made ambulances got stuck in the mud and swamps and had to be pulled out by excavators.
good write-up my twin brother, we have come a long way through thick and thin and we are still moving. .. good memories

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Mindlog: 4:07am On Jan 23, 2021
Soknown:

It's been a while Soknown, your writing continues to motivate many. Did get an offer to study Msc Clinical Child Psychology at ARU Cambridge but I deferred to this September resumption as I know I wouldn't gain as much as I ought to, as most of the classes moved online and would not get the needed opportunity to work with children and adolescents as per Covid situation...so September, it is.

While you were at Aro, was there a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic there?

I have a friend who graduated with a B.Sc. in Anatomy, is Masters in Mental health Nursing an option?

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Odunayomie: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2021
I need clarification please on Naric delivery. Thank choose internationally signed for my delivery package and this is going months now am yet to receive my certificate. How long does this delivery company takes to deliver items to Nigeria? I’m running out of patience
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by BlackNostra(f): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
EbonyCy:

Which state do you reside...I know of an NGO at the east recruiting nurses
Abia State
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by EbonyCy(f): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2021
BlackNostra:

Abia State

It's imo

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2021
Mindlog:

It's been a while Soknown, your writing continues to motivate many. Did get an offer to study Msc Clinical Child Psychology at ARU Cambridge but I deferred to this September resumption as I know I wouldn't gain as much as I ought to, as most of the classes moved online and would not get the needed opportunity to work with children and adolescents as per Covid situation...so September, it is.

While you were at Aro, was there a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic there?

I have a friend who graduated with a B.Sc. in Anatomy, is Masters in Mental health Nursing an option?
Hello, my friend.
Congratulations on your admission. September is almost here. It's a good choice, you know it.
Mental health practice in Nigeria is not properly delineated. Every thing is lumped together, back then there was no Child and adolescent clinic.
Per your friend with Anatomy, I believe he can try it out. If he can prepare his portfolio very well, he will be considered.
Thank you for your feedback.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:51am On Jan 29, 2021
Odunayomie:
I need clarification please on Naric delivery. Thank choose internationally signed for my delivery package and this is going months now am yet to receive my certificate. How long does this delivery company takes to deliver items to Nigeria? I’m running out of patience
I don't understand. So you mean, you are expecting a delivery through a courier.
NARIC as mentioned earlier in the thread is not a courier company but a certificate verification/authentication group.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by famzynet: 2:40am On Feb 03, 2021
What is the best way for someone with B.Ed educational management in Nigeria to change career to nursing in the UK if the person is just about applying for tier 2 dependent visa?
Also,is it necessary for the person to sit for WASSCE for the science courses before coming?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by DAramis: 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Jaycew:

I be female ooo looool
I will try loool. Poland is cool. Terribly cold now.
Do you mind dropping information on the university you are schooling in, the fees and how is the nursing program and job opportunities like?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:51am On Feb 13, 2021
Soknown:

I don't understand. So you mean, you are expecting a delivery through a courier.
NARIC as mentioned earlier in the thread is not a courier company but a certificate verification/authentication group.

Good day, nice thread you have here, really informative and well detailed with spices of humour here and there.

I've browsed on M.Sc mental health nursing in the UK and one of the qualifications is experience in the health sector. Is there a way around that, for someone in a different field?

Thanks
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Bodyodour: 10:24am On Feb 14, 2021
Olalekank:

Lol, no
Education, Tech, Canada EE, etc

Just be dedicated at whichever means you want to use to go
what kind of education do you mean ? Study route or teaching?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Clicked: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2021
Bodyodour:
what kind of education do you mean ? Study route or teaching?

This your moniker na wa ooo cheesy grin
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by 3greatnations: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2021
promisechild:
BSC philosophy
MSc Psychology(UK)
About to enroll for MSc Nursing(pre registration)Uk

Hi promisechild please which university did you attend in Uk for msc psychology and also was it msc psychology conversion ?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by oyetunjibaba: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
oyetunjibaba:

The postgraduate diploma at Lasu and cleno ultrasound is about how year(s)?

Thank so much sir.

@Soknown
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Mindlog: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2021
3greatnations:

Hi promisechild please which university did you attend in Uk for msc psychology and also was it msc psychology conversion ?

Is your undergraduate in psychology?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by TheLasyBuddha: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
What's the best route to travel to the UK as a social work graduate, work or furthering my studies?

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by oyetunjibaba: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2021
Soknown:

I am waiting for this information from my source.

Good morning bro, I m still waiting for ur response bro
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Abdul111: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
Soknown:
After the Census, We started training on emergency response, the modules were like Trauma life Support but it was labeled Basic life Support. The participants include Nurses, Doctors, and Lab scientists. We were trained for three weeks after which we did a test and the Simulations or simply ‘Sims’.
We were then posted to our different teams, In the operations department, there were Team A, Team B, and Team C. All reporting to the Operations Officer and the Operations Manager. There were Ambulance points in St’ Nicholas on Campbell street. VGC Clinic, Mediclinics in Isaac John Street in Ikeja, Adeniran Ogunsaya street in Surulere, another one was at AP Muller terminal in Apapa. There was one ambulance attached to Abuja and Port-Harcourt Clinic respectively. At some point, the Ambulance at St’ Nicholas was moved to Freeman's house in Idumota owned by one Multinational oil company, there was another Ambulance moved to Caverton Helicopters on Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Later on, another ambulance at Old Maritime House on Apapa-Oshodi expressway. The shift was 12hours long either day or night, Each person working on the Ambulance, whether you are a Doctor, Nurse or First-aider was expected to do a 4 day-time shift, then 4-night shifts followed by 4 days off irrespective of your locations.
Apart from the primary Ambulance locations, we have contracted Ambulance locations like the West African Gas Pipeline Project, the TTC in Ogere. Seasonal Ambulance contract like Guilder ultimate search, the BBN, Star trek, Lagos City marathon. Econet sponsored Basketball Championship.
I worked in almost all the ambulance points within and outside the company, In April 2006, I had my first taste of outside deployment, I was deployed to a Technical training center in Ogere. The facility was being used by one oil major for the training and deployment of its new staff. This was a very boring place when compared to other deployments. In June I was deployed to West African Gas Pipeline Project (WAGP), this was an action-packed experience. Flying the ambulance from Ikeja through the Lagos-Abeokuta expressway to Sango then through Agbara to Badagry. There was a Gas plant Interchange at Ajido called Ajido Station and another one at Agbado Station. The main work-yard was at Oko-afor. The Project was for laying Gas pipelines from Escarvos to Benin, Togo, and Ghana. The pipeline passed through Rivers, Lagoon, Swamps, Forest, and deep Jungles. I cannot remember the number of times that the Kia made ambulances got stuck in the mud and swamps and had to be pulled out by excavators.
Good day Mr Soknown. I have been a passionate reader of your thread and I must say you motivate me alot. May God continue to bless you.
To my questions
My sister is currently studying Medicine in Ukraine and she has said she would like to practice in the UK after her studies. What advice can you give someone like her who is studying in Europe already. She's just in her third year so every single detail will be useful and also on courses or activities she should take part in that will look good on her CV so that even if not UK She'll not end up back in Nigeria coz job opportunities in Ukraine is very limited
Thanks
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello friends and everyone, apologies for the long silence. It has been a roller coaster experience for me.
I have some breathing space now so I will try to update he thread and also answer the pending questions.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by faheez(m): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Soknown:
Hello friends and everyone, apologies for the long silence. It has been a roller coaster experience for me.
I have some breathing space now so I will try to update he thread and also answer the pending questions.
welcome
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
faheez:
welcome
Thank you, how are you keeping?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Richdee1(m): 12:42am On Jul 16, 2021
Soknown:

Ma niggi is back, can't wait for Pictures
Hope you've been good??
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 6:38am On Jul 16, 2021
Richdee1:

Ma niggi is back, can't wait for Pictures
Hope you've been good??
I am good, and you?
Thanks.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 6:48am On Jul 16, 2021
Good morning, let the light through.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Quite a few people have asked that I should upload my picture. Well, there you have it.
Satire.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by faheez(m): 6:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Soknown:

Thank you, how are you keeping?
The Nairaland burning flame in me has reduced, I seldom check NL this days but I’m very much okay.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by oyetunjibaba: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2021
Soknown:
Quite a few people have asked that I should upload my picture. Well, there you have it.
Satire.

Good morning bro, how 'ave you doing?
I am unable to access my gmail account any longer.
My new yahoo mail now oyetunjibabatunde89@yahoo.com
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Angelacruz: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Following...

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Roads In Kano Looked Like This In 1970 (photo) / Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) / This Is Arochukwu, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.