Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,714 members, 7,820,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) (49727 Views)

Nigerian Nurse & His Fiancée Die In Motor Accident 6 Weeks After Engagement / Narrative Of A Journey From Sokoto To Akwa Ibom / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ace2013:
Hi Soknown,

Another question for you .
I resigned after collecting the new Brp. It does not matter if your present employer know that you have applied elsewhere or that you will soon leave.
I will advice that you should let your new employer know about the 3 months notice.
Yes, you do not need to reapply for your family as long as their documents are within date. I will check my archives and send the document to you or post it here.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thanks for taking your time to respond. The new employer is aware of the 3 months notice period already. Just wanted to know what point to drop a resignation if it is after COS is issued or even after a new visa has been applied and issued just to be on a safe side. I will send you a pm or wait for you to check for the docs required. Appreciate.
Soknown:

I resigned after collecting the new Brp. It does not matter if your present employer know that you have applied elsewhere or that you will soon leave.
I will advice that you should let your new employer know about the 3 months notice.
Yes, you do not need to reapply for your family as long as their documents are within date. I will check my archives and send the document to you or post it here.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
Ace2013:
Thanks for taking your time to respond. The new employer is aware . Appreciate.
As I said I resigned after I got my new BRP.
Check item 48 for the second question about dependants.

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
Ace2013:
Appreciate.
Please note that you are not applying for a new Visa, you are extending your existing Visa as it will take into account the number of years, that you have spent already. Basically, it's only your Biometric Biometric Resident permit that will change.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Richdee1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
Soknown, you mentioned earlier about social workers in your 2nd place of work. I wanna ask what kinda Social workers are they? And what are their functions.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Thank you so much for this response. You answered my question now. This was where i got confused. Not sure if it was to extend or switch to a new health and care visa from tier 2 general.

Soknown:

Please note that you are not applying for a new Visa, you are extending your existing Visa as it will take into account the number of years, that you have spent already. Basically, it's only your Biometric Biometric Resident permit that will change.

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2020
Sub-zero

5 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2020
Frosty, dark n foggy

4 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2020

4 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by TheLasyBuddha: 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Soknown:

My best time of the year, winter season.
I wonder if I'd ever get to like it. Although, I have always admired the season from afar and yet to have a real experience.

I look forward to this.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 12:22am On Dec 08, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:

I wonder if I'd ever get to like it. Although, I have always admired the season from afar and yet to have a real experience.

I look forward to this.
I prefer the Summer Sunshine to this.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Olalekank(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:

I look forward to this.
I’d like to hear you share your experience soon

A lot of people who claimed they would have loved the winter usually prefer summer more

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by famzynet: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
It seems it hardly snows in England. Just cold,no snow.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Fidelismaria: 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2020

lovely writeup

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Emperornice: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
Good afternoon @op , I've followed with kin interest . I must say you're a gifted writer. I would like to ask a few questions.

You talked about community nurses in one of your write-ups, please I want to know what are the differences between a community nurse and yourself( nurse)?

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2020
Emperornice:
Good afternoon @op , I've followed with kin interest . I must say you're a gifted writer. I would like to ask a few questions.

You talked about community nurses in one of your write-ups, please I want to know what are the differences between a community nurse and yourself( nurse)?
They work with the GP but in the community as part of health and social services to support people at the community level. They visit people in their homes, care home, respite homes, residential homes to give treatment and perform minor procedures so that people are supported as much as possible to reduce admission rate. They are either RGN or RMN.
Nurses like me work in the NHS or in Private settings like the GP Clinic or Nursing homes.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by eyoiba(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2020
Dear brother. Please were you able to get the material from So known? If yes, please I beg you kindly share with me. My e-mail is oyeyemiabioye@gmail.com. Also, will need to ask you some questions. Please its really important. Thanks.
Punstar:

Good day, Soknown. Hope you and yours are doing well. Please I need NMC cbt materials on Mental Health Nursing. I will also appreciate if you can answer some questions about practicing in the UK. My mail is bond_vagabond_007@yahoo.com
I will appreciate hearing from you pls. I thank you
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Punstar: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2020
eyoiba:
Dear brother. Please were you able to get the material from So known? If yes, please I beg you kindly share with me. My e-mail is oyeyemiabioye@gmail.com. Also, will need to ask you some questions. Please its really important. Thanks.
Alright, You can ask here or send emails, but I'm afraid, you may as well have more information than I do. I am also a neophyte on Soknown's neck. I'll send the material

@Soknown, many thanks for this thread and your unquantifiable supports. God bless. I sent you a mail already tho. Looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Richdee1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Soknown:

They work with the GP but in the community as part of health and social services to support people at the community level. They visit people in their homes, care home, respite homes, residential homes to give treatment and perform minor procedures so that people are supported as much as possible to reduce admission rate. They are either RGN or RMN.
Nurses like me work in the NHS or in Private settings like the GP Clinic or Nursing homes.

I asked a question before, maybe you did not see it, You mention about Social workers in your post. I guess they are medical Social Workers.

What ate their work and how much is their pay?
Do they earn note than NURSES?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Emperornice: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
Soknown:

thanks @soknown for your response. hope the family is doing great.
I would like to ask a question with regards to your answer.
you said nurses like you work in NHS or private settings , does that mean community nurses don't work with NHS?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2020
Emperornice:

thanks @soknown for your response. hope the family is doing great.
I would like to ask a question with regards to your answer.
you said nurses like you work in NHS or private settings , does that mean community nurses don't work with NHS?
Most community or district nurses that I know, work with GP. Just a few work with NHS trusts.
Read more here, https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/nursing/roles-nursing/district-nurse
NB. There is an embedded video in the link. It is emotive and graphic but rewarding to watch.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2020
Richdee1:

I asked a question before, maybe you did not see it, You mention about Social workers in your post. I guess they are medical Social Workers.
What ate their work and how much is their pay?
Do they earn note than NURSES?

Basically, they do more than medical services but under healthcare they serve as care coordinators for folks in the community. They interface with other support services both in the hospital and in the community.
For example, Mr A got admitted into the hospital B, Social services liaise with healthcare provider in that Hospital B to plan the treatment pathway for Mr A. After 2 weeks Mr A got better but he uses wheel chair now and they need the discharge pathway, the social services represent Mr A to make sure, his best interest is served irrespective of his mental capacity.
Now Mr A's flat is on the top floor of a terrace house with no lift or the lift is not wheel chair compliant. The social services will work with relevant services to adapt the utilities in this house to his need or get another house for him. So they will interface with, the OT, PT department in Hospital B, the housing service, the GP to make sure that this man get the best services from the system. Hope you get a glimpse of what they do now.
I don't have a clue about what they earn.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Richdee1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
Soknown:

Basically, they do more than medical services but under healthcare they serve as care coordinators for folks in the community. They interface with other support services both in the hospital and in the community.
For example, Mr A got admitted into the hospital B, Social services liaise with healthcare provider in that Hospital B to plan the treatment pathway for Mr A. After 2 weeks Mr A got better but he uses wheel chair now and they need the discharge pathway, the social services represent Mr A to make sure, his best interest is served irrespective of his mental capacity.
Now Mr A's flat is on the top floor of a terrace house with no lift or the lift is not wheel chair compliant. The social services will work with relevant services to adapt the utilities in this house to his need or get another house for him. So they will interface with, the OT, PT department in Hospital B, the housing service, the GP to make sure that this man get the best services from the system. Hope you get a glimpse of what they do now.

Yea I do. thanks very much,I'll search more on it
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by ashatoda: 5:35am On Dec 19, 2020
Soknown:

please don't mind my question what course of study can one undertake to qualify for this. is it possible for an adult to take advantage of this? will it be easy to undertake from naija here or come abroad for that? how long does it take? can it be taken up as a vocational training? thanks
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
Merry Christmas everyone, thank you for making this thread tick. Happy Holidays.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by TheLasyBuddha: 9:25am On Dec 25, 2020
Soknown:
Merry Christmas everyone, thank you for making this thread tick. Happy Holidays.

Happy holidays to you, Soknown. Grateful for your time to share your journey on this thread.

Truly inspiring.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:

Happy holidays to you, Soknown. Grateful for your time to share your journey on this thread.
Truly inspiring.
Thank you.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2020
For folks that have indicated interest in M.sc in Mental health Nursing. The thread is about to get interesting. I spoke with my brother who is pursuing same course.

He is able to guide us through the process but before that, he has given me snap-tip of requisite information.

There are two Universities that offer admission to International students for M,sc in Mental health Nursing.
University of Bournemouth and University of Guildford.
(There might be more, but this is what we know for now).

What do you need;
A B.sc in any course but preferably a health oriented course.
Evidence of about 750 hours of care in the last five year.(it could be as a regular staff or volunteer in a hospital, clinic, homes or family member main Carer.)
Submission of an eportfolio .
Online interview via Skype or zoom.
ielts Academics. ( not sure of the band score)
School fees,( fees on the respective university's website)
I will try to get him into the thread to answer further questions.
#planningforthenewyear.
cc oyetunjibaba

3 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Fidelismaria: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas soknown
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Merry Christmas soknown
Thanks so much.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Powerpoint presentation on some of the roles of a band 6 nurse in a mental health facility.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

₦155.6Billion Museum With Roof Made Of 76,000 Panels Opens In Qatar(Pics) / Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.