Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49614 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 9:33am On Dec 23, 2022
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

87 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Jokerman(m): 9:46am On Dec 23, 2022
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerian should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, Australia .... these countries are great...

221 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Goodbadbowy419: 9:50am On Dec 23, 2022
Uk don cast tey tey nah

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2022
Jokerman:
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerian should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, Australia .... these countries are great...
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Jokerman(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2022
ahiboilandgas:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by expertman(m): 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
But the visa no be beans nah?

Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
It is still a better deal for most Nigerians considering where we are coming from.

When they get there, settle in, enjoy the stable electricity and saner clime as we love to call it - then their expectations would increase and that is when the grumbling begins.

However, it remains a better deal when compared to our 200k Nigerian salary. Though there are cases of misinformation and bogus/unrealistic expectations.

The only average person that can give you money in this Dec 2022 is your relative abroad. Life is hard in Nigeria.

319 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by prophetfire: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else Maybe a striking UK is still far better than a working Nigeria with a herder as president. Don't you think so? :

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
A nurse coming from Nigeria where she is being paid 40k to 80k . Goes to Uk earning 25k pounds a year plus overtime. You think that nurse in the short term ( 3 to 5 years) see that as low wages This guy rest, you are not interested in travelling ( even tho you once said you sponsored your brother to ireland). What is your obsession with japa topics Is there some amiss someone where My friends that were earning 400k in audit firms here a month went to uk and got salaries of 45k to 60k pounds a year. Wetin concern them with strike or living expenses.

272 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Sweetvie: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
pocohantas:
[/b]It is still a better deal for most Nigerians considering where we are coming from.[b]

When they get there, settle in, enjoy the stable electricity and saner clime as we love to call it - then their expectations would increase and that is when the grumbling begins.

[/b]However, it remains a better deal when compared to our 200k Nigerian salary[b]. Though there are cases of misinformation and bogus/unrealistic expectations.

The only average person that can give you money in this Dec 2022 is your relative abroad. Life is hard in Nigeria.

You're on point

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Sweetvie: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Lol... You can't compare Australia pay to UK salary. Australia is on another level. Very expensive thou likewise ukgrin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
UK isn’t without its flaws but compare the human development index of both countries and you may get a better picture of why some people would want to leave. From health, education, standard of living, income per capita etc.

Everyone seems to have an anecdote about someone they knew japa-ing and becoming a cleaner which is fair but some Nigerians also do well over here and are some of the most successful immigrants in the UK.

It can also depend on how prepared you are coming, who you know and just good ol’ luck.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Goodman247: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
Goodbadbowy419:
Uk don cast tey tey nah
Nigeria never cast since 1900,

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Goodman247: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
Uk these, uk that, you are just pained and jealous, religious hypocrites, mischievous and wicked

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Thortp(m): 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
It's obvious OP visa applications has been rejected several times, hence the agitation about travelling.

Bros, is it your japaing? Wich kain wahala be dis

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
ednut1:
A nurse coming from Nigeria where she is being paid 40k to 80k . Goes to Uk earning 25k pounds a year plus overtime. You think that nurse in the short term ( 3 to 5 years) see that as low wages This guy rest, you are not interested in travelling ( even tho you once said you sponsored your brother to ireland). What is your obsession with japa topics Is there some amiss someone where My friends that were earning 400k in audit firms here a month went to uk and got salaries of 45k to 60k pounds a year. Wetin concern them with strike or living expenses.

Here ednut, trust you’re well. Don’t you think 45m to 60k pounds a year is low after removing tax and living expenses?

You commented on my thread when I asked whether to choose big four or IB (actually went for the big four reason being that I want to japa too.

But then the money paid looks small, how do they save with 45-60k pounds? After tax and living expenses?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
Dey play o just dey play. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Wawu this ur lie fit remold slack Toto just dey play . grin

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
ednut1:
Aje u dey motivate me .. cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2022
lajid:

Here ednut, trust you’re well. Don’t you think 45m to 60k pounds a year is low after removing tax and living expenses?

You commented on my thread when I asked whether to choose big four or IB (actually went for the big four reason being that I want to japa too.

But then the money paid looks small, how do they save with 45-60k pounds? After tax and living expenses?
while i was in Nigeria i could not save 200k comfortably in my audit firm job, driving a 2005 car, no money for holiday, access to world class healthcare equipment lol. In Canada at same audit firm, i could easily save 2k Canadian dols after tax and bills, drive a modern car, afford holidays etc. left the audit firm after a year to a better job. Do as you like your body go tell lol

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by jesmond3945: 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

you sef dey watch news? Everything is normal bro. leave mainstream media and their propaganda

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by theredaddy: 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2022
pocohantas:
It is still a better deal for most Nigerians considering where we are coming from.

However, it remains a better deal when compared to our 200k Nigerian salary. Though there are cases of misinformation and bogus/unrealistic expectations.

Are sugar daddies on strike

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
theredaddy:

Are sugar daddies on strike

Sugar daddies are not AVERAGE NIGERIANS. “Average” is someone like you eating horrendous meals.

Any of my comment you see, you jump out like a monkey to attack without thinking. Use your brain for once - stop making that organ bored to death. Jeez!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Tobijays: 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
ednut1:
while i was in Nigeria i could not save 200k comfortably in my audit firm job, driving a 2005 car, no money for holiday, access to world class healthcare equipment lol. In Canada at same audit firm, i could easily save 2k Canadian dols after tax and bills, drive a modern car, afford holidays etc. left the audit firm after a year to a better job. Do as you like your body go tell lol
are you related to Tunde ednut? The I’m catching cold ooo crooner

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by freddie009(m): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
expertman:
But the visa no be beans nah?

A friend of mine told me he spent approximately 3 million to get to Australia including flight ticket (2018)

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by checkmatez: 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
The aim is to rewrite you and your generation history by starting a family(present and future) in a country where things work. Being a citizen that can be allowed to travel and interact with various developed nations without scrutinized visa application processes as a free being.
It's bigger than having wads of cash and investment in a declining country but shallow minds don't understand.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Ifakiland(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2022
lajid:

How do you save from 60k pounds a year's? You dey whine my nipple?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Suspectzero(m): 12:14am On Dec 24, 2022
checkmatez:
The aim is to rewrite you and your generation history by starting a family(present and future) in a country where things work. Being a citizen that can be allowed to travel and interact with various developed nations without scrutinized visa application processes as a free being.
It's bigger than having wads of cash and investment in a declining country but shallow minds don't understand.

Shallow, poverty induced mindsets. Full of envy and bad wishes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 12:29am On Dec 24, 2022
Ifakiland:

How do you save from 60k pounds a year's? You dey whine my nipple?
Average income in uk is 31k, people who did cleaning jobs when i dey uk some 14 years ago ( minimum wage then was 5.50) were able to save and build houses in Nigeria lol . 60k na big man salary for Uk, some doctors in Uk earn that.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by LOVEGINO(m): 2:34am On Dec 24, 2022
ahiboilandgas:

well paid ke? Are u from Jupiter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by arena07: 3:14am On Dec 24, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Cost of living in Australia is high too

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 3:56am On Dec 24, 2022
ednut1:

No na, at the bolded. I’m just looking for advice, I will even change from tax to audit for more freedom.

Big four no too dey pay self, after that I will just enter industry for the money. Maybe in Ireland, Australia, Netherlands or somewhere else, UK too dey overrated self

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Roads In Kano Looked Like This In 1970 (photo) / Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.