Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,910 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly (1379 Views)

Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say / 1500 PDP Members Decamp To APGA / Hundreds Of PDP Members Decamp To APGA In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by AkinEgba: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2010
Iyabo Obasanjo romances with ACN over senate seat

By Tunde Abatan, Deputy Sunday Editor

Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello is contemplating defection to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), a move targeted at retaining her senatorial seat amid the crisis in the Ogun Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where Governor Daniel holds the ace.

Obasanjo-Bello currently represents Ogun Central in the Senate.

Her rumoured defection bid follows the collapse, penultimate Saturday, of the reconciliatory talks between the PDP factions in Ogun – one controlled by Daniel and the other by former President Olusegun Obasanjo whose faction comprises his daughter; Minister of Commerce, Jubril Martins-Kuye; and the G15 in the Ogun State House of Assembly.

Obasanjo-Bello’s move is seen as an attempt to retain her seat since all the factors and forces which contributed to her emergence in 2007 have changed, especially with Daniel who holds the carrot and the stick as now her political enemy.

Whereas an eight man panel was set up penultimate week by both parties after a reconciliatory meeting in Abeokuta, sources said neither the Daniel nor the Obasanjo faction is yielding ground on the many contentious issues tearing them apart, including the sharing formula of political slot ahead 2011 ballot.

Her planned defection is said to have been at the behest of Obasanjo who fears that his daughter may not get the PDP ticket.

The former president also fears being chased into political Siberia as the profile of the opposition ACN rises across the South West where it now controls the bulk of the six states, and with possibility of taking Ogun and Oyo in 2011.

The senator was said to have started her moves to join the ACN about two months ago by romancing certain ACN leaders in Ogun and explaining to them her frustration with the ruling PDP and how she could join the party to contest on its platform.

Sources revealed that Obasanjo-Bello had visited the Lagos home of former Governor Olusegun Osoba several times in her bid to warm herself to the hearts of the former governor, but is being rebuffed for fear she could be a mole planted to plant discord in the opposition party.

The defunct Alliance for Democracy (AD), the ruling party across the South West, suffered huge electoral defeat in 2003 after it sealed an alliance allowing the region to vote Obasanjo of the PDP for second term as President – a decision pundits call tribal solidarity.

Although Osoba refused to comment on the issue when contacted on telephone, close sources said the party leadership  has vowed not to give in to such gambit which would amount to backing those who plotted the defeat and humiliation  of the party in 2003 elections.

The source added: “I can confirm to you that the Senator has paid several visits to former governor but the latter has vowed not to embark on such a thing. He had said ‘how could I be so foolish and naïve to raise the hands of somebody whose father plotted my downfall and that of my party in 2003 elections’.”

Obasanjo-Bello is said to be considering other options of persuading ACN chieftains to accept her into their fold, aside holding talks with some ACN hawks to prevent the emergence of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as the party’s governorship candidate.

Amosun, formerly of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) where he contested for governorship in 2007, also comes from Ogun Central like Obasanjo-Bello.

His emergence in 2011 constitutes a threat to her ambition to contest for Ogun Governorship in 2015.
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by AkinEgba: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2010
When are we going to be bold and open in our moves and dealings? Dora announced her departure to an opposition party in the presence of the president during a FEC meeting and here is our own daughter crawling incognito like an ant to another opposition party.
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by desgiezd(m): 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2010
For Iyabo, this is a very tall order!
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by ekubear1: 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2010
Excellent move on her part. ACN is on the rise in the SW, and it might make some sense to abandon the PDP if you want to be relevant in our land.

With that said, I see no real reason for the ACN to accept her. What is she bringing to the table? I don't mind convincing the best talents of the PDP to change parties, but I don't see the point of letting political mediocrities into the fold.

Furthermore, we should be wary of helping to build the Obasanjo family political dynasty in Yorubaland. This is how trouble starts, when people begin to think that political power/relevance is their birthright. . .
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by chyz(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2010
So you mean to tell me that this fool is leaving PDP because they asked her to participate in a debate to hold a position which she never showed up for?Lol.Wow wonders shall never end. undecided
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2010
if this is true, iyabo is even more of a political ashewo than atiku

acn headed by tinubu, a fellow who is practically obj's mortal enemy cheesy cheesy
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by jaygetta(m): 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2010
Iyabo, Whoopie and that famous Gorilla for Bronx Zoo, who fine pass?
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by chyz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2010
Look how daughter go back stab her father.Typical behavior. . .
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by Becomrich12: 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2010
since the PDP says it is not a party of justice. then they have no choice than to move. i dont think you people and jonathan get it yet. it is a smart move.

I dont think bankole understand yoruba politics, when bankole loss, may be he would get it.

Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by seanet02: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2010
I know only akin ibo can post an article without link. Dumb shit
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by seanet02: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2010
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by seanet02: 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2010
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by seanet02: 7:34pm On Dec 19, 2010
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by chyz(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2010
seanet02:

I know only akin ibo can post an article without link. Dumb poo

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=25610
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by Becomrich12: 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2010
why dont you Akin-Egba since you are igbo leave yoruba people .

If the PDP fail to correct it injustice what do you expect people to do. Sit and let the injustice continue.

Do we have to decide on war with nigeria before Jonathan make change. If he had 1 years he fail to make change. You know he is not ready for change.
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by Becomrich12: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2010
look at ibadan, you see, it has nothing to do with tribe or anything, someone has to be a correct heartless bastard1, not to change party. if her party is not interested in justice she goes somewhere else.

Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by Becomrich12: 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2010
30% is better than 0%. north get 70%

iyaboeloraseogboorawa
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by revomind(m): 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2010
This is most likely planted by the acn to ridicule the obasanjo family. In essence, this can never happen from the perspectives of both sides (obasanjo's family and the acn)
Re: Iyabo Obj Moving To ACN Cunningly (unanounced) While Dora Moved To APGA Boldly by Wahala90: 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2010
@SEANET02
Why do you like insulting people?

You remember this your post?
not-so-smart person!!! SO FOLKS LIKE YOU STILL EXIST, SORRY THIS IS WHAT YOUR LAME FAMILY CAN PRESENT TO THE NATION, LOW IQ IS DEFINITELY YOUR PROBLEM
ENROLL FOR ADULT EDUCATION

Your papa lap. You when be say una be 9 wen your mama born, the other 8 na cripple and you be imbecilee. With your mouth wen dey smell like say rat die for your belle. Make Jedi-Jedi kill your entire family.

(1) (Reply)

. / Occupy Nigeria: Benin City In Pictures / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.