Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,748 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims (355 Views)

Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " / List Of Fake Job Address In Lagos State / This Is The List Of Fake Job Addresses Collated (not Exhaustive). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims by cystation: 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good evening everyone on this platform!

I have a very good warning ⚠ to all of us here whether you have a job or not.

Let's not be eager to forward job vacancies on our platform PLEASE!

I have a case I'm handling for StanbicIBTC Bank. When I visited the operations manager of one of their branches who is being sued for negligence by a customer, the manager told me of what happened to her sister-in-law who had gone for an interview which she saw on a platform like this. The 'company' which put up the advert for the job vacancies is 'HALLIBURTTON and not HALLIBURTON we all used to know.

The 'interview' was actually conducted in Ikeja, LAGOS. Some of them were also 'shortlisted' for a job that isn't available.

After the interview, they tricked them that they will drop all of them at their respective destinations because of transport fare. Some were taken to PH,some to Benin, some to Saki in Oyo State. The sister-in-law to this operations manager was among those taken to Saki. That was how they all ended in the hands of kidnappers.

Those who put up the advert are kidnappers.

They lured their victims with job vacancies in a reputable company.
They collected their certificates and kept them in the bush.

They are now demanding for #5m for each of them to be released. I listened to the audio clips of his conversation with them.

They said they have been in the business for long and not ready to release anyone without paying ransom.

Please, please and please, let us be careful with the way we forward job vacancies on our platform or social media handles.

Alakoba o ni koba wa o!

Careful is better than sacrifice.
Re: Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims by chatinent: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Especially those ones begging you to come and make money as if they cannot just continue making the money themselves till they unbank a bank.
Re: Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims by YoungPerson(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
Maybe this coronavirus came to reset our brains.
Re: Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims by mperoakeem(m): 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
cystation:
Good evening everyone on this platform!

I have a very good warning ⚠ to all of us here whether you have a job or not.

Let's not be eager to forward job vacancies on our platform PLEASE!

I have a case I'm handling for StanbicIBTC Bank. When I visited the operations manager of one of their branches who is being sued for negligence by a customer, the manager told me of what happened to her sister-in-law who had gone for an interview which she saw on a platform like this. The 'company' which put up the advert for the job vacancies is 'HALLIBURTTON and not HALLIBURTON we all used to know.

The 'interview' was actually conducted in Ikeja, LAGOS. Some of them were also 'shortlisted' for a job that isn't available.

After the interview, they tricked them that they will drop all of them at their respective destinations because of transport fare. Some were taken to PH,some to Benin, some to Saki in Oyo State. The sister-in-law to this operations manager was among those taken to Saki. That was how they all ended in the hands of kidnappers.

Those who put up the advert are kidnappers.

They lured their victims with job vacancies in a reputable company.
They collected their certificates and kept them in the bush.

They are now demanding for #5m for each of them to be released. I listened to the audio clips of his conversation with them.

They said they have been in the business for long and not ready to release anyone without paying ransom.

Please, please and please, let us be careful with the way we forward job vacancies on our platform or social media handles.

Alakoba o ni koba wa o!

Careful is better than sacrifice.
I don't know, maybe because I'm so paranoid. it's kinda hard for me to fall into scammers when talking about job interview centres. I will extra google the address before researching the company. 1% red flag is a NO for me. Interview a big company like Halliburton cant conduct in their head office, is that one an interview.

(1) (Reply)

���2015 Mercedes Benz C300 (amg Trim ) @ 7.9m / The Strike By Resident Doctors, Esut Teaching Hospital, Enugu: / Vacancy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.