Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere (5499 Views)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / "We Can't Survive Without Yahoo Boys" - Prostitutes Join #EndSARS Protest / My Restructuring Plan For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by gidgiddy: 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:
Southeast have been champion the campaign for restructuring Nigeria to Regional system of government. But I keep asking myself if southeast would survive the regional system of government in this present generation.
My reason for saying this could trace back to 1950 to 1960 where the same pattern was operated then. During regional system of government in the southeast ,we have enough evidence that the system wasn't work for them.

When Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that the system wasn't work for them he came to southwest but instead of Azikiwe to learn how Awolowo operating the system that working for his region. Azikiwe sermons Awolowo political enemies to frustrate Awolowo leadership.

Another reason why igbo should stop talking about restructuring . Southeast have no resources to finance regional government.

Also the southeast contributions to federal government is very low compare to what south-south and southwest contributing.

Again many igbo will still not willing to return back to their home state.

Another reason during the regional system of government southeast didn't achieve anything but other regions are flourishing. That is why Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government. Every government pursues economic development by trying to achieve macroeconomic objectives in a particular system of government.

This guy must be a Northerner who doesnt want Igbos to support restructuring.

Please mr man, if you dont know, know it now. If there is restructuring, the current South East would be the richest in terms of natural resources

But it is not natural resources that matters, what matters is human resources.

9 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Dedetwo(m): 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Godons1:
Op, that was then. It will be worst now. Cause the East presently contribute nothing to the Economy, cause they do not have anything to offer. They only go about chest beating online, but their Region is the poorest.

With the recent Islamizing of the East, I wonder where they will get money to build mosques all over the East. cheesy grin grin grin

But hint about the disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria, you develop a convulsion. It should not be the way but the other since the Ndigbo have nothing to offer. I honestly despise the talk of restructure of Nigeria when total and unconditional disintegration remains a wonderful option.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
If this whole resources you blab about is the main requirement for a top grade nation, why is Nigeria in the latrines?

Better an enterprising man that can make the best of the little, than a committee of f00ls than has become a burden and an embarrassment to themselves and everyone else, in the midst of abundance.

8 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 1:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:
Southeast have been champion the campaign for restructuring Nigeria to Regional system of government. But I keep asking myself if southeast would survive the regional system of government in this present generation.
My reason for saying this could trace back to 1950 to 1960 where the same pattern was operated then. During regional system of government in the southeast ,we have enough evidence that the system wasn't work for them.

When Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that the system wasn't work for them he came to southwest but instead of Azikiwe to learn how Awolowo operating the system that working for his region. Azikiwe sermons Awolowo political enemies to frustrate Awolowo leadership.

Another reason why igbo should stop talking about restructuring . Southeast have no resources to finance regional government.

Also the southeast contributions to federal government is very low compare to what south-south and southwest contributing.

Another reason during the regional system of government southeast didn't achieve anything but other regions are flourishing. That is why Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government. Every government pursues economic development by trying to achieve macroeconomic objectives in a particular system of government.

na them will still complain when it doesnt favour them....
this people just dont think before doing things....

started a war that they were not even ready to fight....??
they didnt think about food shortage atall atall.... undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 1:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Donelli:
If this whole resources you blab about is the main requirement for a top grade nation, why is Nigeria in the latrines?

Better an enterprising man that can make the best of the little, than a committee of f00ls than has become a burden and an embarrassment to themselves and everyone else, in the midst of abundance.

you can be entrerwetin as you like,it will not matter without the market....
were you wan go enterwetin....??

europe,asia,ghana,south africa....??
places that are closin their markets to foreighners....??

we gerrit....you want biafra but still want to do market in nigeria....forget that idea sharp sharp....
we will close our market to all biafrans like other nations are doing....

nigeria owes una nathing....

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Lipscomb(m): 1:35pm On Feb 29, 2020
grin I just laughing at you. You talk base on what you are hearing from people. Soludo is only good person on your list.
SLAP44:

Yes, people with the type of education and upbringing of

Michael Okpara
Akanu Ibiam
Aja Nwachukwu
Mbonu Ojike

We still have them in

Peter Obi
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Chukwuma Soludo
Dave Umahi

Educated, experienced, purposeful, efficient and reliable.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Masterclass32: 1:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
Don't worry about the South-East. Let's restructure first and see how it goes.

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
justtoodark:

you can be entrerwetin as you like,it will not matter without the market....
were you wan go enterwetin....??

europe,asia,ghana,south africa....??
places that are closin their markets to foreighners....??

we gerrit....you want biafra but still want to do market in nigeria....forget that idea sharp sharp....
we will close our market to all biafrans like other nations are doing....

nigeria owes una nathing....
That's where you're getting it all wrong. The world itself is a market. If you have what I need, I buy...if I have what you need, we trade. Don't be too closed in reasoning.

Closing their markets to foreigners? An exaggeration, unless you tend to shut yourself off the rest of the world, which does you no good. Everyone is open to business on favourable terms.

People do business in foreign lands, unless if you want to factor in hostility among neighbors. Nigeria is not the only market, mind you. That comment of yours is quite silly.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 1:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
Donelli:

That's where you're getting it all wrong. The world itself is a market. If you have what I need, I buy...if I have what you need, we trade. Don't be too closed in reasoning.

Closing their markets to foreigners? An exaggeration, unless you tend to shut yourself off the rest of the world, which does you no good. Everyone is open to business on favourable terms.

People do business in foreign lands, unless if you want to factor in hostility among neighbors. Nigeria is not the only market, mind you. That comment of yours is quite silly.

you will be surprised how closed markets worldwide are....

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
justtoodark:

you will be surprised how closed markets worldwide are....
No individual country is totally independent. Even those that might come off as having it all, still import skilled manpower.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 2:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
SLAP44:

Yes, they have millions of almajirin beggars and an army of young agberos in motor parks grin

Forget stories, the East also have Igbo AlmajIri and beggers in millions too. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 2:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
Yaribanzaonic:
Of all the posts so far...yours is most disappointing. I hope you haven't been infected by Covid-19. It's just shameful that we share Nationhood with rejects like una. Spits!!! angry

See this Igbo MUSLIM, I know say my post go pain you. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by NGpatriot: 2:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:

He saw the SE lagging behind the SW when the SW was advancing and building the first of everything in Nigeria and Africa and the North becoming major economic power so he came up with the evil plan to scuttle the regional arrangement, but as usual, they end up sabotaging themselves by plunging Nigeria into the same One Nigeria they now opposed, cry and moan over everyday.

From day one, they've been sabotaging and creating problems for Nigeria, but they always the main losers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 2:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
SLAP44:

How come, as soon as Chukwuma Soludo, Okonjo Iweala left the Nigerian economy, Nigeria is now competing with Djibouti grin grin grin grin grin

Your Sister Ngozi Nkonjo Iwela, was the one that plunged this Country into recessions. Thank God Buhari and his team did a wonderful Job. But their effort is threatened by another Igbo MUSLIM, Godwin Emefele the present CBN Governor. Whose inconpetence and under his watchful eyes, the dolar fell from #180/$ when Sanusi the former CBN Governor handed over to Emefele.

Under his watch, the naira rose to over #480/$. Until Buhari introduced some policies that saw the Naira regained it's strength against the dolar. Now naira is #360/$, All those Igbo's you mentioned, are the reason Nigeria economy is this bad.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by LadySwitz: 2:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
Godons1:

Forget stories, the East also have Igbo AlmajIri and beggers in millions too. grin grin grin grin

Lol where did. you get this pics from? These kids look good and well fed

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by NGpatriot: 2:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
Godons1:

Your Sister Ngozi Nkonjo Iwela, was the one that plunged this Country into recessions. Thank God Buhari and his team are doing a wonderful Job. But their effort is threatened by another Igbo MUSLIM, Godwin Emefele the present CBN Governor. Whose inconpetents and under his watchful eyes, the dolar fell from #180/$ when Sanusi the former CBN Governor handed over to Emefele.

Under his watch, the dalar fell to over #480/$. Until Buhari introduced some policies that saw the Naira regained it's strength against the dolar. Now naira is #360/$, All those Igbo's you mentioned, are the reason Nigeria economy is this bad.

It beats me why they praise their useless and incompetent people, especially okonjo who colluded with Jona to steal our security fund and gave it to Dasuki to share with their cronies.

Okonjo and Jona were practically borrowing hundreds of billions every month to pay salary up a few days before PMB.

When oil was selling for $77, okonjo declared austerity measures, imagine her action with oil selling for $27, probable auction off Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by holicupp(m): 2:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
in Biafra we hope Nigeria is dead since 1960

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by weownlagos: 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:

[/s]And somebody in his stupid senses composed this piece of trash.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
SLAP44:

Oh! Some regions can be self reliant. Let's stop deceiving ourselves by the way so many states are attached to oil money, if oil finishes today, will every state perish?

Where was oil when Michael Okpara was developing the eastern master plan?

Was cocoa house and the first TV station in Africa built with Niger Delta oil money?

Nigeria got lazy and mismanagement took over due to the uneducated lot who took over power post civil war. Some of then are still around in Aso rock wasting time.
The Nigeria then is quite different from the Nigeria today
You're talking of a time when the bulk of Nigerians were rural dwellers with the ability of total self-substainance.That was when it was possible you were the only graduate in your village,when it was possible you would be government sponsored to go study abroad.
Our population has grown rapidly,and urbanisation even faster.
The number of people and things to attend to with same resource has grown exponentially.
Nowadays,most of our budget goes into recurrent expenditure with little left for infrastructural expansion.
So yes,it's very valid to say most regions of Nigeria,given the way things are,will find it incredibly difficult to be self-reliant

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by angelfallz(m): 2:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:

You maybe right about everything, apart from one point. Aguiyi Ironsi did not create the unitary system of government which Nigeria currently use because of the Igbos. He created the unitary system of government to consolidate power. The military standard is command and control. Everything has to go through the chain of command. It would have been difficult to control Nigeria using the regional system.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Amumaigwe: 3:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:

@bolded
Have all the Afonjas driving Taxi in the US returned to Yorubas land? Borrow sense pls

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 3:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Donelli:

No individual country is totally independent. Even those that might come off as having it all, still import skilled manpower.

haha....you are deceivin yourself....in a age of automation you still think you can afford to mess around with your petty businesses....i laugh in umuhahia....
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

He saw the SE lagging behind the SW when the SW was advancing and building the first of everything in Nigeria and Africa and the North becoming major economic power so he came up with the evil plan to scuttle the regional arrangement, but as usual, they end up sabotaging themselves by plunging Nigeria into the same One Nigeria they now opposed, cry and moan over everyday.

From day one, they've been sabotaging and creating problems for Nigeria, but they always the main losers.

dont mind them....na the same them will complain after things dont go the way they want....
ghana opposed strict laws in their market and nigeria didnt complain....

nigeria close border and they start complainin....
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 3:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

It beats me why they praise their useless and incompetent people, especially okonjo who colluded with Jona to steal our security fund and gave it to Dasuki to share with their cronies.

Okonjo and Jona were practically borrowing hundreds of billions every month to pay salary up a few days before PMB.

When oil was selling for $77, okonjo declared austerity measures, imagine her action with oil selling for $27, probable auction off Nigeria.

God bless you. You are a patriot and you know book pass Ngozi ukonjo Iwela, Charles Soludo and all those Igbo's SLAP44 mention above.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
Amumaigwe:

@bolded
Have all the Afonjas driving Taxi in the US returned to Yorubas land? Borrow sense pls

be honest....
many will not move to biafra....

if market was in south east,igbos wouldnt bother movin around....

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Godons1: 3:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
LadySwitz:

Lol where did. you get this pics from? These kids look good and well fed

They are Igbo MUSLIM. Any well fed Igbo is a Muslim, grin

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Bekool(m): 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
johnmartus:

All I see here is propaganda to put fear in the minds of igbos to stop the restructuring campaigns so as to continue to keep the unjust federal structure that allows the north to steal the natural resources of the SE and SS regions to develop their parasite God forsaken region. How can the igbo race that is well known to be very industrious and creative worldwide not be able to survive in a restructured nigeria? The federal allocations from oil proceeds that goes to the Eastern states benefits less than 5% of the Igbo population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by DaveAbdulhadi: 3:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by DaveAbdulhadi: 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops All ready To Assist Ukraine (picture) / Lagos Is No-man's-land - Alhaji Lateef Jakande / PDP Didnt Sponsor Lamido/amaechi Campaign Vehicles –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.