Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? (457 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / More Hebrew Names From Cross River, Nigeria / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
Revelation 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Does the bible does teach that people who are written in the book of life can be removed from the book of life?

Yes if they did not overcome and No if they overcame. Infact Jesus was making a promise in Revelation 3vv5.

Who are overcomers?
1.Overcomers are those who have Christ in them.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

2. Overcomers are those who are born again which is another definition of a Christian.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

3. Those who have believed in the Jesus as the Son of God.

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

All these are different way of looking at someone who is saved.
A Christian is a saved man, He is saved because he is born of God and He is born of God because He believe that Jesus is the Son of God, (recieves Jesus as his Saviour).

On the other hand, A man who didnt overcome was not saved, He is not saved because he is not born of God and He is not born of God because he didnt believe that Jesus is the Son of God.(didn't trust in Jesus as his saviour.
Shallom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Janosky: 11:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good point.

John 3:16-16.
"16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.…"
John 3:16-17, Jesus here confirms that God Almighty did NOT send himself into the world.
Wahala for Trinity.

"God" will confess "the names of righteous men before his own Father in heaven.
Revelation 3:5 and 1st John 5:5.....,
Very very interesting !!!!
The Word of John 1:1 says he is a son in heaven.
The Trinitarians belief that God sent himself into the world will NEVER lead men to everlasting life but to destruction..

If this post make you dey vex ,please go quarrel with John 3:16-17& Revelation 3:5,12 spoken & revealed by Jesus Christ.
Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 01, 2020
What this means is that as we grow in our faith in Jesus we take great care to take heed to his words and teaching so we can continue to abide in him so our names will not be blot out from the book of life.
Again faith in Jesus is not Just one time but it should be For all time and this faith should produce a fruit of transformation and faithfulness coupled with holiness in the fear of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2020
A man whose name is blotted out from the book of life will be like the unbelivers

1 Like

Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by smat101(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2020
Janosky:
Good point.

John 3:16-16.
"16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.…"
John 3:16-17, Jesus here confirms that God Almighty did NOT send himself into the world.
Wahala for Trinity.

"God" will confess "the names of righteous men before his own Father in heaven.
Revelation 3:5 and 1st John 5:5.....,
Very very interesting !!!!
The Word of John 1:1 says he is a son in heaven.
The Trinitarians belief that God sent himself into the world will NEVER lead men to everlasting life but to destruction..

If this post make you dey vex ,please go quarrel with John 3:16-17& Revelation 3:5,12 spoken & revealed by Jesus Christ.
Don't let little things distract you from the important things...
SALVATION For humanity is the beauty of this verses not arguing whether Jesus is God or not.
In this verses John is the one speaking...
Jesus Himself said " I and my Father are one"
secondly, who has the authority to forgive sins? ONLY GOD
yet Jesus Forgave sins...
Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Eviana(f): 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Well written....and biblically sound.
Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Eviana:
Well written....and biblically sound.
God bless you. Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
smat101:

SALVATION For humanity is the beauty of this verses not arguing whether Jesus is God or not.
well written. May God increase your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by sonmvayina(m): 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
In your little mind, you think God is a man or human being....
Re: Will God Erase Names From The Book Of Life? by Janosky: 10:11am On Mar 02, 2020
smat101:

You're still repeating the same mistake of the OP.
You no know say your "God" Jesus received authority to forgive sins?
Reason on this:
Who gave your "God" all authority in heaven and earth"?
Matt 28:19 Jesus says: "All authority have been given me in heaven and earth"

(Jesus disciples received authority to forgive sins> John20:23.. pls,look for another excuse)..
Jesus received authority,his disciples received authority. From whom?

Jesus Christ says in Revelation 3:5, "I will confess his name before my Father" and his angels (Compare Matt 10:32,33). Jesus himself REFUTES your misrepresentation of "I and the Father are one."
Una "almighty God" say him get Papa for heaven....
Yet, Trinitarians no want to get sense... grin

(1) (Reply)

Answer To What Later Became Of He Serpent From The Garden Of Eden / VIDEO: Why Bishop Oyedepo Is Against The Amended CAMA Act / The 6 Most Infamous Christian Cults In Popular History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.