Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,927 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (13116 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Akube1z: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2020
I lost a relative. She was seriously sick . We had prayed to God to forgive her of her short comings and sins on earth, before she gave up the ghost in the middle of the night.

6 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by phantom24: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2020
What you guys did was intercession. I think it's the deceased that needs to confess christ as their lord & saviour before passing on. This is why we must not wait till the last hour before submiting to christ.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Akube1z: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2020
phantom24:
What you guys did was intercession. I think it's the deceased that needs to confess christ as their lord & saviour before passing on. This is why we must not wait till the last hour before submiting to christ.
She also prayed.. and she is a Christian.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ggirl4real: 8:32am On Sep 20, 2020
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

That is what my Sunday School teacher used to teach me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by phantom24: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:

ok may her soul rest in d lord's bossom.

20 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by RaptObserver: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes. Ask and it shall be given unto thee
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by meeky007(m): 8:51am On Sep 20, 2020
For me.
its left 4 God to decide, he alone knows.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by paulolee(m): 8:51am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes, he is merciful GOD and dts what that thief on the cross with Jesus did before he died and was promised eternity in heaven..
but I think it would av been saver if she prayed and confessed herself than you guys praying for her bcoz the bible said "with the mouth confession is made unto salvation"....
but GOD av the final say.....see as i de preach n quote bible like say i be graduate of university of galilee, the funny thing be say na inside bet9ja shop i take de lai dis dey comment bt na only GOD go understand why bcoz man must survive...
happy sunday nairalanders.....this week would be our best

46 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by hybrid77: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
There is no one jn the world that knows what God's plan exactly is..

Just do your best as your conscience through God's love and let God take care of his judgement

You should now be more concerned about your soul.

God is merciful and his thoughts are not like ours.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Halopy: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Forgiveness is of God alone, he has the perogative to forgive sins, although he gave us conditions to receive forgiveness as forgiving one another and confessing our own sins to him. Then he'll show us mercy and forgive us. However God is not interested in any soul to perish that's why he gave us his only begotten son, and he said clearly in Isaiah 55vs 8 and 9 thus "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." So If at the time of weakness the saints intercede for a soul WHO IS STILL LIVING, NOT DEAD! Good can have mercy on that soul because all our righteousness is like a filthy rag before Him, He is the only one who is perfect. But the best and assured way of salvation from damnation is to confess your sins while you still have the time. I rest my case

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Offpoint1: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Men will be judged according to their works...
If she did evil to humanity, she'll judge accordingly on the last day when she will be resurrected to face judgment, and if she did good to humanity, she'll also be judge according.

In her final moments if she seek her creator forgiveness from her heart without even speaking due to her illness... Her creator will forgive her on judgment day.

For now, she's not in hell or heaven until the judgment day.

MEN WILL BE JUDGE ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS AND NOT BELIEVES

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by DonPrezons: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
God is ever ready to forgive us. No matter the nature of our sins.

8 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
the deceased had to confess with his/her mouth... cus on judgement day no one will intercede on his/her behalf

2 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by PureGoldh(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Eternal race is a self race..(personal decision) something

If she, (herself) asked God to forgive all her shortcomings before giving up to ghost....be rest assured that God will not reject her......God is a merciful father

10 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by 1x2x3: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2020
I'm coming
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by NaijaCover(m): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2020
Are you God?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by kenzysmith: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2020
as long S she is not a terrible sinner she is in heaven already my broad let your mind be at rest

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by paulolee(m): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

what about tha thief on the cross with Jesus? you expected him to come down from the cross and starts confession of his siins to those he offended??

9 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Realtalk20: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Which type of thread is this?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by flexd99(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
A question for God to answer
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by okadoo: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
God love sinners
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Prechgold1180(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Let me book space for righteousness 89
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by eagleonearth(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
You have to understand something. Every human being needs to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord unto forgiveness of sin so he/she can make heaven. It's individual and not something to be interceded for. This is the reason every one of us is encouraged to do this now that we are conscious because no-one knows what will happen the next minute.

A young man once said he will continue living his live in sin and just when he's about to die he will confess Christ but later on, he had a tragic accident that left him gasping for the very air and when he was trying so hard to confess Christ, breathing became difficult for him and he never did it as planned till his ghost left him.

Some of us think that God who created us and gave us eyes, ears and brain don't see, hear or reason grin

Going to church everyday and praying 24hrs is not a ticket to heaven. The only ticket to heaven is accepting the righteousness of Christ and the finished work at Calvary. That's the only time our names enter heaven's roll call

The best blessing I'm enjoying on earth is knowing my maker. It made me lose my deadly smoking and drinking habit. It made me lose my morbid fear and cowardice. It gave me direct access to the best and strongest being in the whole of heaven and earth. It gave me a beautiful angel as a wife. It gave me an eternal hope of everlasting life. It kept the forces of darkness running from me instead of me running from them. It turned the table, yes.

#ETERNALSECURITYISJESUS

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Sparkle777(f): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
of cos, just like the thief at the cross. he made heaven. but some deaths are so sudden that it may not give us time to repent hence the need to be always prepared.
may she rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by kcute(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Ask God when you get there.

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2020
God doesn't forgive you based on the act of asking for forgiveness.
He could see through ur heart.

4 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Akube1z: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2020
phantom24:
ok may her soul rest in d lord's bossom.
Amen . thank you
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by philiancoop(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
It's not about sin, it's about Jesus. Did she believe in Jesus and confess that he's the Lord of her life? she'll be saved

2 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Decolonel(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
Of course, God will forgive us. He is a Merciful Father. As long as u r still breathing, there's still chance for you to make heaven if only you ask from a sincere heart. Even Jesus forgave the thief that was crucified with him on the Cross.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by incogni2o: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
God is faithful and just to forgive us of all our Sins.

If we confess, ans since you said she confessed with her mouth and beleived with her heart, then She is automatically forgiven cos God is not happy with the death of a Sinner.

The issue is that we may not all have that chance. I pray I have the chance.

Everytime I see something that reminds me of eternity, I pray that God makes me ready when my time comes.

I also want to appreciate you guys for being there for Her.

That could have being the best way you could have supported her through her final moments.

You should be happy, and not Sad.

May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Evicsholar(f): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:

Thank God she had the chance to pray. The thief crucified alongside Jesus received salvation right on the cross before he died.

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by uniqueboi1(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

Shut up. Are you God?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? / Terrified By Bats: Please Advice Me / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.