Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos (53893 Views)

Catholic Church Otukpo Built By David Mark (Photos) / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Afritop(m): 7:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Coronavirus go hear am from my church tommorow. Nonsense.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by kestolove95(m): 7:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wia are d miracle pastors.. Oya make una come we need una service now
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Mescana22(m): 8:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
Of Course it will be Catholic, The only church that still ive me hope that organized Christianity is not a fraud....they suspended holy water, watch how other churches will be selling water to wash away corona, some will increase there anointing oil prices, God Bless the Universal church

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Bigval5: 8:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
This is exactly what happened during the Ebola time. It's a very good development. But make I ask ooh,

Is the eucharist still Christ?

If yes, is coronavirus more powerful than the eucharist?

Before you term me an antichrist, I dey go church pass you cool

To whom much is given, much is expected... use your brain, it not there for fancy or only shape

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Bigval5: 8:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
seborrhic:
In reality some of the Catholic doctrines should be revised.
That whole idea of a priest using his hand to put "bread" in a worshippers mouth should be made away with all together.
Ditto the exchange of greetings with the palms because aside this virus,some individuals maybe harbouring other skin contaminable diseases or microbes in their hands.
The church must continue modernizing it's practices or it runs the risk of continued depletion of membership that is now growing at an astronomical rate in the western world and gradually creeping into Africa with these new generation youths that are being bombarded with vast array of information from the net and some no longer see church attendance as an essential part of their growth.

Gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by BlackfireX: 8:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
One pastor was warning corona virus that he will come to China to deal.with him....

Now coro have landed in Lagos,

So.where is that iiidiooot?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Jacobpio: 8:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
This is exactly what happened during the Ebola time. It's a very good development. But make I ask ooh,

Is the eucharist still Christ?

If yes, is coronavirus more powerful than the eucharist?

Before you term me an antichrist, I dey go church pass you cool
Good question! You ask again, did Christ cease to be himself when He allowed Jews to crucify him?
If you reflect the answer, you also would apply it here. Happy Lenten season brother!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by kristo123: 8:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
This is not Ebola that speads only on contact... This is an airborne virus that also spreads through contact...

The best safety measure is to avoid the church completely.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Nikes(m): 8:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Catholic church always taking precautionary measures. Nice move

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by siduofmandesid(m): 8:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
church people dey fear na him be say Satguru maharaj ji na GOD
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Openbusiness: 8:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
The only group of people I really pity in all these happenings are the children. Innocent children that deserve to live a better life and great future. But what is this country giving them to start their lives with? A Coronavirus outbreak. Nigeria is a shithole abeg. No child deserves to grow up here. They should be in better advanced countries where they will be well-off than here.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by mymadam(m): 8:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
makewetalk2:
Now, you will see wealthy Nigerians running to Lome and Guinea

Coro.. go follow dem. Abi now wink
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by eyinjuege: 8:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
All public places where people congregate should be non functional for now. Let those interested join online church services. If no access to the internet, pls stay in your house and do your service with your family.
Those going to the mosques should do same.
If we don't want it to spread, avoid the avoidable unnecessary contact with others.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by eyinjuege: 8:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
The only group of people I really pity in all these happenings are the children. Innocent children that deserve to live a better life and great future. But what is this country giving them to start their lives with? A Coronavirus outbreak. Nigeria is a shithole abeg. No child deserves to grow up here. They should be in better advanced countries where they will be well-off than here.

We have only 1 or 2 confirmed cases in Nigeria so far, yet you're blaming the country for bringing in corona virus. Haba, what do you feel for the children in Italy? How about those in UK and US?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by DONFASZY(m): 8:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
Peace of d lv b wit u
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by eyinjuege: 8:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
Mescana22:
Of Course it will be Catholic, The only church that still ive me hope that organized Christianity is not a fraud....they suspended holy water, watch how other churches will be selling water to wash away corona, some will increase there anointing oil prices, God Bless the Universal church

Perhaps..
But many have lost hope in Christianity because of the peadophilic gangs in very high places in the catholic church. Defilers of children.
It's always good to be first introspective and reflective
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Openbusiness: 8:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
eyinjuege:

We have only 1 or 2 confirmed cases in Nigeria so far, yet you're blaming the country for bringing in corona virus. Haba, what do you feel for the children in Italy? How about those in UK and US?
Kids over there have a fighting chance because (1) they have quality public health care, and (2) a government that values it citizens. We have neither, we have a terrible public health care system, and we have a failed government led by president Kyari and figurehead vice president buhari that values cows more than human beings. So the kids here are at the mercy of mother nature, and nature can be brutal, nature sometimes don't pity anybody, nature sometimes loves to kill the weak and helpless. I once rushed a patient to emergency at LASUTH, that day it took over 1 hour to see a doctor in Emergency, the person I brought was writhing in pains and in tears. I was just like then why is it called Emergency when you can't see a doc Only God knows how many people have died like that waiting for doctor immediately. See in this country, if you don't have money for private hospitals, if you want to rely solely on government hospitals, just pray your illness is a minor simple thing like malaria because OYO is your name. Even private hospitals here are nothing to write home about. They're all about money. That is their priority, not the patient.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by mordred44: 8:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
What abt pple dat wil count d offerin...hope dey wil put on glove
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Samakus(m): 8:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
StrikeBack:
By March 9 things would start unfolding

Is this a prophecy or prediction? Please heat up the already best psyches
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by eyinjuege: 8:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
Openbusiness:

Kids over there have a fighting chance because (1) they have quality public health care, and (2) a government that values it citizens. We have neither, we have a terrible public health care system, and we have a failed government led by president Kyari and figurehead vice president buhari that values cows more than human beings.

You are biased and not objective in your blames. The virus could have come in from the US , and not even Italy. Countries with supposedly better policies, healthcare system etc still got the virus , and it's still spreading. Why are you then so harsh on your own country?
Sooner or later, it was going to come into Nigeria ( being the largest african country with a lot of overseas flights, and a lot of business dealings with the outside world). It unexpectedly even came from Italy, and through a caucasian (and not even our nigerian brothers and sisters in Italy)
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by gulfer: 8:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
mu2sa2:
The way things are going people will have to worship at home for the forseeable future. "People want to go to heaven, but no-one wants to die!"
So who collects the tithes and offerings
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by bmdmixer: 9:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
priscaoge:

Nice move!
wheres there faith
psalms 91 grin
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Fantastic! Sensible church and sensible church leader cool cool
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
LosC:

It seems you're becoming the new .
You post this picture in all your comments

It's my identity.

Don't you like it?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by etrange: 9:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
sunshineV:
I don't see pastors and imman fasting and praying to end corona virus but when the vaccine is finally prepared in a lab we will thank God

Lol... so you'll be in your house and see them fasting and praying ? So prayers made by pastors and imams are worth thanking God for? I don't mean to sound religious but your statement embarrasses atheism.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by PierreAbutu(m): 9:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
The only Corona that I know is Deportivo La Corona..... Every other corona no concern me.
Make I check my ticket abeg grin grin

I knof only my darling Corona

To see her, simply check ma whafsapp dp grin
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by AuroraB(f): 9:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:
If it could attack a whole pope, who can't it attack there?
...liar shocked
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by ihedioramma: 9:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
bluefilm:
Just like the days of ebola all over again.

Well, I don't even go to church anymore so I am fully protected from that method of infection by handshake of peace.
What of your child or brother going to school? What of money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Things That Are Too Real About Ushers In Nigerian Churches / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / Sex In The Church! Wife Accuses Top Lagos Pastor Of Sleeping With Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.