Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? (711 Views)

Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? / My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 10:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
I know there are spirit realms, I don't just buy into the ideas of Christianity and Islam. What can I do?
Lalasticlala
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by Blabbermouth: 10:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
heartbraker:
I know there are spirit realms, I don't just buy into the ideas of Christianity and Islam. What can I do?
Lalasticlala
100% sure you know nothing about CHRISTIANITY....
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by cRobo: 10:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
Then what's the source of your spirituality
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by donbachi(m): 10:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
see if u can drive a car without fuel in it.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
It is not about religion, realms or things. It is about a person, Christ is the true spirituality. It is much better to have a living person than to have a system of beliefs (religion) or some realms. Things are boring, but relationship (which can only exist with a living person) is beautiful, it is everything.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 7:39am On Mar 01, 2020
Blabbermouth:

100% sure you know nothing about CHRISTIANITY....
spare me that bullshit, why would a God send himself to sacrifice himself for himself to save u people from himself

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by LordReed(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
Lalasticlala

How do you know there are spiritual realms?

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2020
Hiswordxray:
It is not about religion, realms or things. It is about a person, Christ is the true spirituality. It is much better to have a living person than to have a system of beliefs (religion) or some realms. Things are boring, but relationship (which can only exist with a living person) is beautiful, it is everything.
who is d living person??
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:47am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
Lalasticlala

YOU KNOW THERE ARE SPIRIT REALMS. HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE ARE SPIRIT REALMS?

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by helinues: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2020
Of course..

Most especially when your third eye ( Chakra) is fully opened
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 7:59am On Mar 01, 2020
LordReed:

How do you know there are spiritual realms?
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU KNOW THERE ARE SPIRIT REALMS. HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE ARE SPIRIT REALMS?
actually, I don't knw reason why i belive dat, maybe am still not yet totally cured from the dreamland of abramovic and the mohamedians religion.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 8:02am On Mar 01, 2020
helinues:
Of course..

Most especially when your third eye ( Chakra) is fully opened
exactly what have been looking for, how do I go about it I mean how do I open d chakra??
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by LordReed(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
actually, I don't knw reason why i belive dat, maybe am still not yet totally cured from the dreamland of the abramovic and the mohamedians religion.

Ok.

As for spirituality, if you discount "spirit realms" you can experience spirituality everyday in the simple things you do. For me my "spiritual" experiences come from listening to rousing music or watching my kids play. A sense of peace and profundity pervades these activities and I am inspired and receive joy. You can find your own "spiritual" inducing experiences and activities devoid of religious connotations, all it takes is a willingness to relax and self reflect.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by helinues: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
exactly what have been looking for, how do I go about it I mean how do I open d chakra??

It's a process..

No alignment with any religion.

The purpose of it is to be consciously aware of oneself, friends and family, environments.

Self meditation, self taught, self inspired
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by Valkrie: 8:11am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
Lalasticlala

Spirituality and Religion are two different thing entirely..

One is man made while the other is not..
In Religion their God is waiting to roast anyone in eternal fire like suya if.they mess up and not follow set down rules while spirituality allows you to grow at your own pace and there is no threat of roasting in eternal fire...!!

I.think this suffice for now...
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by paxonel(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
Lalasticlala
there is nothing like born again they are using it to cause confusion in the body of Christ.

Have you believed that Jesus is the Christ and your savior? Then you are good to go, you are a Christian and you are saved
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by illicit(m): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
Lalasticlala
you can do or be anything you want actually... but don't do crime
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 8:27am On Mar 01, 2020
paxonel:
there is nothing like born again they are using it to cause confusion in the body of Christ.
Have you believed that Jesus is the Christ and your savior? Then you are good to go, you are a Christian and you are saved
DAT is exactly what have believed in d past DAT have caused a lot of confusion in my life
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:46am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
actually, I don't knw reason why i belive dat, maybe am still not yet totally cured from the dreamland of abramovic and the mohamedians religion.

AND THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO CLAIM TO BE SPIRITUAL BUT NOT RELIGIOUS. THESE SPIRITUAL PEOPLE BELIEVE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE GULLIBLE, AND THAT THE REST OF US REALLY SHOULD BE LIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT ALL.
THE ONE THING THAT IS FOR SURE IS THAT THESE SPIRITUAL FOLKS ARE JUST BEING SO BECAUSE A PART OF THEM STILL ACCEPT PARTS OF THE RELIGIOUS INDOCTRINATION THEY HAD AS LITTLE KIDS.
FOR THE REST OF US, WE'RE NOTHING SPECIAL, NOTHING SPIRITUAL. JUST BORN TO LIVE AND DIE LIKE WEEDS.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by Blabbermouth: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
spare me that bullshit, why would a God send himself to sacrifice himself for himself to save u people from himself
A God did not send himself.
John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave is Only begotten son.....
God sent His son. However, the Son has the same spirit as the father and also the same heart ...
This is the mystery of Jesus saying; "I and my Father are one."... It doesn't literally mean that the MOST HIGH was the one who was hanged on a cross.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by BluntBoy(m): 10:07am On Mar 01, 2020
heartbraker:
Lalasticlala

Yes, you can be spiritual without being religious.

When you are spiritual, you are open-minded. When you are religious, you are close-minded.

Sometimes, people confuse being spiritual with having a personal relationship with God, but that is unnecessary.

You can be spiritual without having any sort of relationship with God.

For instance, I was religious at one point in my life. I was also a pastor. But with time, I began to see that religion (it is hard to find a religion that is not organized) makes one very close-minded. Religion makes you read the Bible or Quran or whatever Holy Book you use in a rather one-dimensional way.

Look at the Catholics. They are the most close-minded people on earth. Even with the overwhelming evidences in the Bible that shows God does not want idolatry, they still keep on bowing down to the graven images of Jesus and Mary.

Supposing a Catholic suddenly begins to see the cracks in the doctrines of his church, he is becoming more open-minded, and he has begun his journey into spirituality. When he eventually fully embraces spirituality, he becomes irreligious.

Mind you, spirituality should also not be confused with extrinsic religiosity, although it is impossible for someone who is very religious to be extrinsically religious.
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by heartbraker(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2020
Blabbermouth:

A God did not send himself.
John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave is Only begotten son.....
God sent His son. However, the Son has the same spirit as the father and also the same heart ...
This is the mystery of Jesus saying; "I and my Father are one."... It doesn't literally mean that the MOST HIGH was the one who was hanged on a cross.
lol, so Jesus is no more God?? Confused people, even at DAT he still have to send his supposing son to be sacrifice for himself to save us from himself?? After he created the problems in the first place?
Re: Can I Be Spiritual Without Having A Religion? by orisa37: 10:37am On Mar 01, 2020
Spirituality is Religion.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING!!! See This Trending Corona Video & What Apostle Suleiman Said / Ramadan 2020: Day 7 Quotes, Images, Greetings, Prayers / To Anderson Cooper: A Son Deserves His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.