Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus (36355 Views)

I Was 99.9% Dead Due To Fake Drugs, But God Gave Me Another Chance / See What A Biological Researcher Said About Corona-virus / Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by MissJoy29(f): 7:38am On Mar 01, 2020
Chatbot1234:

i beg to differ, he actually tweeted that he was the one who drove the white man, but when people got to know he was lying, he had to debunk it.
clout is a drugs and i hope he is arrested.
This man here isn't the same person that tweeted about carrying the Italian.
They are different.
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by fatymore(f): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2020
Nigerians are rumour mongers and like carrying bad news up and down...

Happy New Months everyone
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2020
Nigerians are the worst people to live with in the world....
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 01, 2020
Ijaycool:
Government trying to manage the information about covid 19 is what led to the situation of Pandemic which we are in today.

Remember the first doctor who reported observation of the virus was detained and made to sign a pledge against rumour.

If we didn't treat truth as rumour back then, we may have contained the virus. Lagos State government is busy identifying rumour, instead of containing the virus. Wuhanization is on replay!
Wtf are you saying??
Why trying so hard to use one fake news to validate another?? Smh
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by knowhowk: 7:52am On Mar 01, 2020
Quite Unfortunate that some find Joy in Spreading fake News ,Don't even know what the gain doing this .Only if they know the Harm it causes .

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by BreconHills(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2020
Ijaycool:
Government trying to manage the information about covid 19 is what led to the situation of Pandemic which we are in today.

Remember the first doctor who reported observation of the virus was detained and made to sign a pledge against rumour.

If we didn't treat truth as rumour back then, we may have contained the virus. Lagos State government is busy identifying rumour, instead of containing the virus. Wuhanization is on replay!

The doctor that was detained and forced to sign this pledge - was he a Nigerian in Nigeria? What is his name and where was he detained?You have left out the details in order to build a case. This is exactly the type of thing we are talking about.

What you dont realise is that fear is the agent of pandemics. Fear does nothing to solve the problem. It causes chaos which leads to faster spread. Nigeria overcame a far more dangerous disease - Ebola and we can overcome this one. I am not defending the government only defending the responsibilities of the citizen. In the US and UK which vote billions of dollars and have sophisticated early warning systems - have people not died? We dont know everything about this virus but we do know its symptoms and what to do to stay safe.

Your commentary is unhelpful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by knowhowk: 7:55am On Mar 01, 2020
Any Update on the Uber Driver that picked the Italian from the Airport ? Has he been Tested , Quarantined ?
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by naptu2: 8:06am On Mar 01, 2020
Note (for emphasis), the Italian patient never attempted to escape and there's no Uber driver. These are all part of the fake news that has been circulating.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by OnyesomJ(m): 8:07am On Mar 01, 2020
Hungry Bloggers doin what they’re Know for !!!grin
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by shogsman(m): 8:09am On Mar 01, 2020
I've never seen a set of unorganized and unintelligent people like some Nigerian youths, the government should persecute this people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by hermesprogidy(m): 8:09am On Mar 01, 2020
At this rate, I suggest government start arresting bloggers who peddle fake news. People do not understand the damage hysteria can cause in situations like this. It could also give terrorist organizations like boko haram ideas on how to inflict harm on the masses. What stops boko haram from sending an infected minion into the general population with the sole purpose of infecting as many people as possible?
Racism against Chinese populations in some countries have spiked, because of ignorance and hysteria. Stop fake news!!
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by mrintellectual(m): 8:12am On Mar 01, 2020
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by jaxxy(m): 8:17am On Mar 01, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by AnnChristabel: 8:20am On Mar 01, 2020
Openbusiness:
The number one liars in this country are the government. Social media is filled with lies no doubt but i'll rather take my chances with social media that with any government in Nigeria who themselves are expert lying machines cheesy
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by johnmattew: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2020
iswallker:

Are Italians also undetectable - or they can't read news and know that the virus is in Italy... undecided
the virus was already in Italy weeks b4 Italian government detected it..if the virus is in Italy,does it mean all Italians have it.....the man must have contracted it at Italian airport and the symptoms manifested in Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Alwaysachick: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2020
Nawa for AIT o, there is no humanly possible way an expatriate working for larfarge will order an Uber.

If not for fear of kidnap and regulations, most of them go in convoys and excorts.

AIT needs to query the staff that posted such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by hilfinity(m): 8:39am On Mar 01, 2020
mvem:
Nigerians are very gullible and ignorant. If tomorrow someone shares of a vaccine being spread through air and we should all bath with oil water or saltwater, even though It is as stupid as it is people will still share it, do it and believe it....The Ebola case is not far away to remember how a rumor of drinking and bathing with salt water made millions even educated ones to do that. Eventually if I can remember some hypertensive people died because of that....Fear and Panic sometimes is as worse as the main thing

Bros u've said it all o...

More reason y d senate wanted t pass into action d anti-social media bill.
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by SalomonKane: 8:49am On Mar 01, 2020
This is among the reason I advocate for that social media bill to be implemented. Let them find those who peddled that fake news and make them dance to the music.
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Henrysaint1: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2020
It's disheartening how people go about broadcasting fake news, this is one of Nigeria biggest problem. We joke too much in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Ryocaj(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2020
mvem:
no be social media make people to drink and bath with salt water during Ebola that even killed some hypertensive people...keep on following all those WhatsApp rumors....already I have seen false info flying up and down...
That was stupidity not social media..
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by mvem(m): 9:21am On Mar 01, 2020
Ryocaj:

That was stupidity not social media..
same thing...social media is the media in which stupidity is spread. What medium is used to misinform people if not social media
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by kayuseful: 9:55am On Mar 01, 2020
Finally, the anti freedom of speech guys have found something to use to propagate their antisocial media bill..
Rumourmonger's are evil people but Heck! This isn't why we should accept to be gagged by your repressive government.
As far as I am concerned, there are extant laws to prosecute internet crimes. Nothing stops them from dragging the source of these rumours to court now, but you and I know they will never do that. But let someone do am expose on their secret mansions and looting now, they will arrest him immediately. Goes to show they only want to protect their atrocious lifestyle, not really for the masses
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by ProWalker: 10:02am On Mar 01, 2020
No matter what, some idiots will still believe a fake news, no matter how obvious it is for reason bordering on

Illiteracy
Mischief
Naivety
Hatred

I really do believe in some form of moderation of the social Media space otherwise it will eventually lead to problems for Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Adewale1603(m): 10:02am On Mar 01, 2020
Whether you post and share fake news all around, facebook, whatsapp, causing nuisances, it no concern me, what i know is i could sense a fake news from the original when i see one
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by may320: 10:12am On Mar 01, 2020
hannysur8:
There is no corona virus in Nigeria yet, you people are all doing this to embezzle fund....ole ni gbogbo yin
Exactly! The virus is not in Nigeria and wouldn't enter IJN.
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by may320: 10:20am On Mar 01, 2020
shogsman:
I've never seen a set of unorganized and unintelligent people like some Nigerian youths, the government should persecute this people.
Lol. grin
It sometimes beats my imagination the kind of educated-illiterate youths we have in this generation. So gullible and find it hard to read and comprehend even simple things.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by Ryocaj(m): 10:44am On Mar 01, 2020
mvem:
same thing...social media is the media in which stupidity is spread. What medium is used to misinform people if not social media
Some ppl are so gullible that will fall for anything.. Illiteracy counts too..
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by excanny: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2020
Fake news should attract a fine of N300,000 or 1 month imprisonment.

That's the only way to put sense into these foolish bloggers.

Since Google started paying bloggers I knew it was a recipe for fake stories.
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by mvem(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2020
Ryocaj:

Some ppl are so gullible that will fall for anything.. Illiteracy counts too..
guy even the very educated fall for misinformation...when misinformation is spread through social media some are very believable if you are the type that don't check or research things yourself though might be very educated
Re: Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus by iswallker(m): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2020
johnmattew:
the virus was already in Italy weeks b4 Italian government detected it..if the virus is in Italy,does it mean all Italians have it.....the man must have contracted it at Italian airport and the symptoms manifested in Nigeria
Quarantine Italians at Nigerian Port of entry is that hard for you to understand..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Popular Nigerian CEO Has Lived With HIV For 15 Years / Infinix, Intercontinental Distillers Donate Trucks Of Food Items To Lagos / 10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.