Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

COVID-19... Ineffectiveness Of The Govt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19... Ineffectiveness Of The Govt (154 Views)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / Apostle Suleiman Begs The Govt To Allow Pastors Pray For Covid -19 Patients / Opposition To The Govt Bringing Chinese Donations And Medical Team To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19... Ineffectiveness Of The Govt by don4real18(m): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
A pro-government apologetic who happens to be a very good friend of mine praised the Nigerian government for being proactive in the spread of the COVID-19 which is presently a global concern with over 85,000 people infected and I asked him what the government actually did to deserve his praise. He began talking about the thermal scanners at the airport.
I had to let him know that according to London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), thermal scanning at airports detects less than 1 in 5 passengers arriving from a 12 hour flight who are infected with the new Coronavirus. That is why countries are placing bans on other countries with a major outbreak.
I asked, "if the passengers who flew with the Italian in the Turkish airline has been found?" He said he knew nothing and I'm sure many are in his shoes.
I asked, "how many isolation centers we have in the case of a major outbreak?" He said that we have a standard facility in Lagos.
I asked him further if the facility in Lagos was capable of taking care of a 1000 patients? He broke out some sweats.
"Why can't every state have isolation centers?", I asked. He was talking about money to set up and blah blah blah. I said, "You don't justify the unjustifiable because you are being partisan. I don't care about PDP or APC or any other political party. What I care about is your safety and that of millions of others in the country."
I had to let him know the truth... and that is Nigeria isn't prepared. If it gets worse, Buhari and many other holders who will be following suit, will take another medical tourism to the UK leaving the rest of us to ourselves. Regardless of your political preference, this is the time that you should hold the government to account for every steps they are taking.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Antagonizing HYPREP To Deviate From Its Objectives . / How A Buddy Bench Helps Children? / Vatican City Reports Its First Case Of Coronavirus After Pope Tested Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.