Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,951 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise (1083 Views)

Stay Cool Under This Hot Weather Condition / Wilmaria14 Aka Mrsum17 Is A Fraudster In Disguise. Facts And Proofs Attached. / Social Media: A Blessing Or A Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
This thread may evoke anger in some people who the public power companieshave put in an uncomfortable posture by not meeting up to their mandate of providing uninterupted power.
On the 25th of November 2018, I went totally off grid after about 6 months of running my inverter on generator and I must admit that the toil was worthwhile.

I have not ran my house ever since on generator as my solar arrays do the charging for me and that it does more efficiently than the generator.

The purpose of creating this thread is to encourage us to embrace green technology and de-emphasize the use of fossil fuels which viciously engender global warming and hence the heat pervading the land.

Many have made jokes about the current heat wave as : the exhaust of hell facing Nigeria , or Angel Gabriel test running hell fire for Nigeria politicians but this does not dissuade from the fact that we all bear the harsh realities of our mismanagement of the environment.

Today I generated the biggest power
haul from my solar system at 5Kwhd and I ran my cooling systems at full blast oblivious of the weather outside .

I post a picture of the LED screen of my solar charge controller taken some minutes to 6pm as proof.

Engage experts so you don't join the legion of disgruntled people who have had their hard earned money wasted on substandard solar equipment which fails before the expiration of their warranty.

Going off grid pays

Live Green!!

1 Like

Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by ebijimi7(m): 1:07am On Mar 02, 2020
Wait do you run air conditioner on this thing?
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 2:16am On Mar 03, 2020
ebijimi7:
Wait do you run air conditioner on this thing?

Yes of course.

However, the catch here is that the air conditioner is LG inverter A.C.

This A.C. can even be powered by "I better pass my neighbor " generator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Still partnering with the sun

Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by drealcivilceno(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
matify83:

Please, which kind of system: how many solar panels, type of inverter ( new or second coz God knows I don't have too much on me) etc and please can you recommend your dealer.
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
drealcivilceno:

Please, which kind of system: how many solar panels, type of inverter ( new or second coz God knows I don't have too much on me) etc and please can you recommend your dealer.

6 pcs 250w solar panels
60A mppt solar charge controller
1.7kva 24v Microtek inverter
4 pcs 200Ah okaya deep cycle batteries connected in series and parallel to get 24v.

With this assembly, you will never quarrel with the sun because it will be charging your batteries at home while your refrigerator is chilling your water /drinks.
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by drealcivilceno(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
matify83:

6 pcs 250w solar panels
4 pcs 200Ah okaya deep cycle batteries connected in series and parallel to get 24v.

With this assembly, you will never quarrel with the sun because it will be charging your batteries at home while your refrigerator is chilling your water /drinks.

Thank you, Sir.

2. Dealer?
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by flexyrule(m): 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
How much for the setup Mbok?
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
drealcivilceno:

Thank you, Sir.

2. Dealer?

Did my research on Google for over 2 years (during my days of little beginnings).

When I had the money, I just bought them off the shelves at the best price possible (no hurry).

When done, I invited my electrician to connect them to the house after I had already installed the inverter and batteries using my knowledge of physics.

Bringing in a dealer would work you up to a million Naira for those items listed and you can not be guaranteed the best quality.

Surf the web and understand the basic concepts of what you are about engaging.
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
flexyrule:
How much for the setup Mbok?

I gave out the specifications of my installation.

The prices are on public fora across the web.

Disregard prices on Konga and jiji, some are way too expensive.

Visit the market and do your survey.

I am not Lagos based but I procured my panels and charge controller from there at the best price possible.

Don't contract out your solar system to a dealer, procure the best quality so you don't join the legion of disgruntled people who say "their solar system packed up after 6 months ".

I am in my second year of using solar and I haven't use a generator for my house in all that while....... Since November 21st 2018.
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by drealcivilceno(m): 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
matify83:

Did my research on Google for over 2 years (during my days of little beginnings).

When I had the money, I just bought them off the shelves at the best price possible (no hurry).

When done, I invited my electrician to connect them to the house after I had already installed the inverter and batteries using my knowledge of physics.

Bringing in a dealer would work you up to a million Naira for those items listed and you can not be guaranteed the best quality.

Surf the web and understand the basic concepts of what you are about engaging.

Thank you very much, I will do as you have spoken..
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by drealcivilceno(m): 11:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
matify83:

Can I get a picture? Remember that it can say a thousand words grin.. most especially the battery connection
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
drealcivilceno:

Can I get a picture? Remember that it can say a thousand words grin.. most especially the battery connection

Here is the circuit diagram for better elucidation.

Showing you raw wiring may be confounding.

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/19284/best-way-to-wire-4-x-12v-battery-for-24v-help
Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
matify83:

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/19284/best-way-to-wire-4-x-12v-battery-for-24v-help

Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by matify83: 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
Letting my charge controller to do the talking.

Hot outside but chilly indoors in this era of lock down and staying safe.

1 Like

Re: Sunny - � Weather A Blessing In Disguise by drealcivilceno(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
matify83:

shocked

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Hp Spectre X360 Convertible 15 With 2gb Nvidia Geforce Mx150 / In Need Of Samsung Note 8 Mother Board To Buy / How To Trade, Buy Or Sell Bitcoin On The Patricia App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.