Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria? (265 Views)

Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria? by PlutusTheGreat: 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
I would so much appreciate if you could answer this question sincerely, it's for a project i am working on.

What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria?

... and maybe possible solutions if you ever thought of one.
Re: What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria? by DaInferno(m): 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
...this is no excuse for failure
but I have been asking myself: there's this particular course that I worked hard for but failed when result was out. how come I take attendance in lectures, browse and do assignments without errors, do my tests correctly, write my exam and still yet, can't make it to the 40 cut off mark
mind you, a Guy who copied from me passed(dont judge me, we all sin differently)

another is some courses are too simple, yet, a majority of people I know and I inclusive always score 68 or 69 which is B and never score 70+ which is an A

is it that the lecturers award names that look more prettier to those that'll aren't when they are tired/lazy during marking?
are they trying to beat down the system so that they don't pass students too much?
is it that the lecturers are afraid of being questioned by the senate why students passed to much or failed too much?
Re: What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria? by PlutusTheGreat: 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
this baffles me too ehn. thanks for the response btw

DaInferno:
...this is no excuse for failure
but I have been asking myself: there's this particular course that I worked hard for but failed when result was out. how come I take attendance in lectures, browse and do assignments without errors, do my tests correctly, write my exam and still yet, can't make it to the 40 cut off mark
mind you, a Guy who copied from me passed(dont judge me, we all sin differently)

another is some courses are too simple, yet, a majority of people I know and I inclusive always score 68 or 69 which is B and never score 70+ which is an A

is it that the lecturers award names that look more prettier to those that'll aren't when they are tired/lazy during marking?
are they trying to beat down the system so that they don't pass students too much?
is it that the lecturers are afraid of being questioned by the senate why students passed to much or failed too much?
Re: What Are The Problems You Are Facing As A Student In Nigeria? by kecee99(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
1) Depression usually caused by peer pressure
2) Hunger
3) stress
4) lecturer manipulation e.t.c

(1) (Reply)

(NEW!!!) How To Setup The New Whatsapp Dark Mode! / Genetically And Geographically How Old Is Man / Is Abe Income For Students Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.