Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. (2888 Views)

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam / Obituary Of ABUAD Potential Best Graduating Student And His Mother / IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 1:47am On Jun 16, 2019
Hello, Good Day, I will like to do a program on nairaland, I want to guide students through the hard times they are having with their studies.

What problems are you encountering while studying?, do well by dropping them here and I will take my time to prescribe some solutions to you.

Some experts will also be following this thread to share insights.

I will be updating this thread with my articles too, the articles are targeted at study tips and tricks......

As a student, what challenges are you facing?

Other people who don't have any challenges can contribute too, let's fight suicide together.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by graccce: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2019
Immediately I start reading I sleep off. Hence can't read for long. It's really affecting my study life.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
graccce:
Immediately I start reading I sleep off. Hence can't read for long. It's really affecting my study life.

Sister.

It is not advisable for you to be reading for long.

In fact, reading for long time usually bore your brain, you should learn to read for a short period of time.

You are sleeping whenever you want to read definitely because you are not determined enough, no matter the drug you used you will still sleep, the only thing that can keep you awake whenever you want to read is your determination and self motivation.

Ponder on this.

Do you find sleeping easy when you are having exam the next day?, like a day to your exam.....do you use to sleep like that too?

Not really, the fear of failure will force you to be awake and to read. If the fear of failure is keeping you awake, probably you can use it too whenever you're reading.

Train your mind to believe that you're having exam the next day and if you fail the exam you might be expelled from school, the fear of the failure will force you to stay awake and read.

In addition, long reading also contribute to this, if you keep reading for longer hours, you brain will be bored and will want to shut down, this will lead to you feeling sleepy.

My article here can greatly be of help to you
https://www.thebrainyfox.com.ng/tbf-students-study-tips-9-hacks-to-remember-whatever-you-read-effectively/

1 Like

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Hahjascho(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
thebrainyfox:

Sister.

In fact, reading for long time usually bore your brain, you should learn to read for a short period of time.

You are sleeping whenever you want to read definitely because you are not determined enough, no matter the drug you used you will still sleep, the only thing that can keep you awake whenever you want to read is your determination and self motivation.

Ponder on this.

Do you find sleeping easy when you are having exam the next day?, like a day to your exam.....do you use to sleep like that too?

Not really, the fear of failure will force you to be awake and to read. If the fear of failure is keeping you awake, probably you can use it too whenever you're reading.

Train your mind to believe that you're having exam the next day and if you fail the exam you might be expelled from school, the fear of the failure will force you to stay awake and read.

In addition, long reading also contribute to this, if you keep reading for longer hours, you brain will be bored and will want to shut down, this will lead to you feeling sleepy.

https://www.thebrainyfox.com.ng/tbf-students-study-tips-9-hacks-to-remember-whatever-you-read-effectively/
Grood. How about coping with depressing moments from the past? or any unpleasant moment was forgotten but keeps popping in while reading like GOOGLE ADS grin?

Someone needs an answer to that....
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hahjascho:
Grood. How about coping with depressing moments from the past? or any unpleasant moment was forgotten but keeps popping in while reading like GOOGLE ADS grin?

Someone needs an answer to that....

Nice, I like this.

Emotional traumatism is very bad, if it should be it, you will need to see a psychologist.

But if it is just unpleasant moment, the best thing to do is to train your mind to forget the unpleasant moment.

We've something called the mind power.
Read more about it here https://www.thebrainyfox.com.ng/tbf-students-study-tips-9-hacks-to-remember-whatever-you-read-effectively/

The mind power is very effective in solving this kind of issue, it deals with visualization and imagination.

You visualize that the unpleasant moments never happened at all, your imagine that there's nothing like that and it has never occurred to you at all.

Another thing.
Personal conviction is very effective in solving this too.
If you can convince yourself that the unpleasant moment is not worth thinking about, that is just happened due to fate or it is a normal thing, you will not have to be thinking about it again and it won't be popping to you while you're reading.

You can try the mind power and feed me back later.
I'm very sure it will work, just visualize the unpleasant moment to be unreal and concentrate at the task at hand.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Teeq1234: 8:00am On Jun 17, 2019
how-to read and NoT forget or better still how to read and make it stay there like forever

1 Like

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Toluchenko(m): 8:02am On Jun 17, 2019
Teeq1234:
how-to read and NoT forget or better still how to read and make it stay there like forever

RT!!
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Teeq1234:

Reading and making it stay there forever actually depends on you.

Human memory can be divided into 3.
1. The Sensory Memory
2. The Short Term Memory
3. The Long Term Memory.

1. The Sensory Memory
The sensory memory is responsible for storing information for a short period of time, let say few seconds and it is not used during studying at all.

Let say I ask you to take a glance at the below numbers.
9, 5, 1, 3, 7

I now told you to close your eyes and think of other things without checking the numbers again, I now told you to write the number down somewhere in the right order.

Probably, you might not get it, but you will know the number involved, you will get the numbers but not the order, that's the power of sensory memory, just for few seconds.

2. Short Term Memory
The short term memory is formed from constant revision of what we stored in Sensory Memory, let use the number I wrote above as an example. If instead of taking a glance at the numbers, you read them to yourself again and again, probably, you will recollect the order.

Short Term Memory is used by students to prepare for exam, you will see that many students forget whatever they read after exam.

3. Long Term Memory
Long term memory is the real deal, constant revision of what is stored in short term memory transfered the thing into our long term memory.

And it will be hard to forget that.

Ponder on this

Why do we easily remember music that we listen to everyday?

Yes, it is because we listen to the music everyday and it has familiarize itself with our brain, if we can be reading everyday too, our brain will familiarize itself with what we are reading.

There's much to say concerning this.
If we should look at your question.
Before answering it, we need to talk on forgetfulness.
Forgetfulness is the inability of a student to recollect learnt materials for present use.

I have an article that I have written about this, forgetfulness, causes and solutions, subscribe to my newsletter, I will soon upload the article @( https://www.thebrainyfox.com.ng )

If you're preparing for exam now and you might not be able to wait for my article.

Endeavour to read this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Nnamdiojukwu: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
thebrainyfox:

Sister.

Ponder on this.

As a family man a father two it is not easy for me financially, exams is in progress yet I cannot concentrate on reading due to threat from the people iam owing.
It's not easy right.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nnamdiojukwu:
As a family man a father two it is not easy for me financially, exams is in progress yet I cannot concentrate on reading due to threat from the people iam owing.
It's not easy right.

I absolutely understand your pains.

But let's think of it this way, why loose both ways instead of concentrating on one and loosing the other since you cant concentrate on both simultaneously.

What I'm saying is that, why not visualize yourself as if you don't owe anybody money, neglect the threat and think of it as if it never exist whenever you're studying.

Then after you're through reading, you can focus on our to make money to balance the debt.

If you're hiding under the phobia if threat, you might not be able to accomplish anything, if you fail your exams and you were not able to pay the debt, what will your gain be?

Focus on what you still have rather than what you've lost.

Also, go online, make researches.... Find ways of making money online.

I was also in your shoe before, tho Im not a family man, but have been threatening because of debt before and I simultaneously have exams.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by BabaT91(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
thebrainyfox:

But let's think of it this way, why loose both ways instead of concentrating on one and loosing the other since you cant concentrate on both simultaneously.

What I'm saying is that, why not visualize yourself as if you don't owe anybody money, neglect the threat and think of it as if it never exist whenever you're studying.

Then after you're through reading, you can focus on our to make money to balance the debt.

If you're hiding under the phobia if threat, you might not be able to accomplish anything, if you fail your exams and you were not able to pay the debt, what will your gain be?

I was also in your shoe before, tho Im not a family man, but have been threatening because of debt before and I simultaneously have exams.

You can drop your WhatsApp number, I will personally message you on WhatsApp and give you some tips to make few cash online.

Regards.

Thanks for the advice. I have an almost exact issue of owing debt and facing academic challenges at the same time. Funny enough, my final exams will be starting on the 20th of next month, I'm yet to pay my school fees,I am currently owing house rent and I'm in deep debts. Please,help me. I have no family or reasonable friends to tell my problems. I'm totally depressed.
+2348168796834
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
BabaT91:

Thanks for the advice. I have an almost exact issue of owing debt and facing academic challenges at the same time. Funny enough, my final exams will be starting on the 20th of next month, I'm yet to pay my school fees,I am currently owing house rent and I'm in deep debts. Please,help me. I have no family or reasonable friends to tell my problems. I'm totally depressed.
+2348168796834

Noted.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by BabaT91(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
thebrainyfox:

Noted.
Thank you.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
thebrainyfox:

You can drop your WhatsApp number, I will personally message you on WhatsApp and give you some tips to make few cash online.

Regards.
It will be of help for me, if you also WhatsApp my line with some tips of making few cash online. 08176174409, thanks!
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Hahjascho(m): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
thebrainyfox:

Nice, I like this.

Emotional traumatism is very bad, if it should be it, you will need to see a psychologist.

But if it is just unpleasant moment, the best thing to do is to train your mind to forget the unpleasant moment.

We've something called the mind power.
Read more about it here https://www.thebrainyfox.com.ng/tbf-students-study-tips-9-hacks-to-remember-whatever-you-read-effectively/

The mind power is very effective in solving this kind of issue, it deals with visualization and imagination.

You visualize that the unpleasant moments never happened at all, your imagine that there's nothing like that and it has never occurred to you at all.

Another thing.
Personal conviction is very effective in solving this too.
If you can convince yourself that the unpleasant moment is not worth thinking about, that is just happened due to fate or it is a normal thing, you will not have to be thinking about it again and it won't be popping to you while you're reading.

You can try the mind power and feed me back later.
I'm very sure it will work, just visualize the unpleasant moment to be unreal and concentrate at the task at hand.
Alright thanks... guess they are just some irrelevant moments that do not even deserve any pondering....
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Admitwithschola: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
Profit from the market without your own capital.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by meekparagon(m): 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
Please between marine engineering and marine transportation and business study ,which one is better in term of job and other?

Thanks.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by osram(m): 12:26am On Jun 22, 2019
mine is financial problems
I seriously need help
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hahjascho:
Alright thanks... guess they are just some irrelevant moments that do not even deserve any pondering....

You're welcome.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
meekparagon:
Please between marine engineering and marine transportation and business study ,which one is better in term of job and other?

Thanks.

I will get back to you on this. I don't want to answer you base on my understanding of the courses.

I will ask few friends who are doing the professions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by budaatum: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
This thread wins the Thread of the Month Award!

10 like for you!
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
osram:
mine is financial problems

I seriously need help

Almost all the students suffer from this.
You're in an unfavorable circumstance but you can make it to be favorable by thinking out of box.

Let's do some analysis.

#10 from 100,000 people = 1,000,000
#100 from 10,000 people = 1,000,000
#1000 from 1000 people = 1,000,000
#10,000 from 100 people = 1,000,000

Probably in your school, there are more than 20,000 students. If you can get a way of legitimately getting #100 from 10,000 students.

That amount to #1,000,000!!!

What you only need to find is the service you can render to them to make them pay to you.

What can you do?
Look into your school, find a particular problem, do more research on the problem and find a solution, then provide the solution to students and earn your money.

Let's say. You did research on blogging, lots of students wants to know more about blogging, you find a way of explaining what blogging is all about and how they can gain from it, you presented your explanation to them via a WhatsApp group and you charged them #500.

If you get 100 students to register, that amount to #50,000..... And it depends on your marketing strategy, you can get up to 1000 students to register.

Conclusion.

Find solution to a problem and present the solution to the students, charge them for it.

Comment below if there is anything I can assist you with.

Regards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
budaatum:
This thread wins the Thread of the Month Award!

10 like for you!

Oh, what an encomium.
Thanks for the compliments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Fidelismaria: 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
How much will it cost to run a master's degree abroad?
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
I am being consistently abused by everyone. From Pastors in church to church members, my course mates, my landlord and landlady - they sit in their room and blab for hours about me, random people on the streets. I mean I get so frustrated and angry everyday.

All for no reason. I can be walking on the streets (note this is in a city) and someone will pass me and mumble mumu to me as they pass. I will be in a public place minding my business and someone I dont know will come in and just be watching me mumbling derogative words till they get my attention. Just this afternoon I was in a nairabet shop just to charge my phone. And there was a random guy who came and sat a distance from me. Few minutes later he started started laughing and I noticed this happend the moment I started chewing on my lips(something I do when I get bored) mumbling words at me like see im mouth. Things like that. In a very bad hateful tone.

I get a lot of crap from my neighbours and landlady because I am a little reserved person. They sit in their room talking shit for hours abt how I am masturbating and shit. I remember one sunday I came out of my room to go to church and one of my neighbours was outside with my landlady. As I greeted her and passed (something I do often) she started saying 'thank God your life de normal as u no they watch porn' 0to my neighbour.

Every time they pass my window they will cough mucus (making a disgusting throaty sound)from their throats and spit it in front of my window.

In church I remember giving testimony in church that was used against me. They were saying things like I was proud when I came in and was trying to contribute. Whrn I stopped they started calling me a fool and shit.

And all this have started affecting my grades in school. How should I deal with them.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by meekparagon(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
thebrainyfox:

I will get back to you on this. I don't want to answer you base on my understanding of the courses.

I will ask few friends who are doing the professions.

Alright bro
Thanks.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Evangkatsoulis: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
Fidelismaria:
How much will it cost to run a master's degree abroad?

That depends on the country and institution you're targeting.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

No money for drugs. Unable to concentrate.

What types of drugs?, what do the drugs have to do with your studies.

This will assist me in prescribing a solution to you.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by Evangkatsoulis: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
thebrainyfox:

What types of drugs?, what do the drugs have to do with your studies.

This will assist me in prescribing a solution to you.

I am unable to concentrate while reading or listening in class. That is, the littlest sounds or disturbances in my field of vision draws my attention.It was so bad in 2017 that I could barely read at all. I started taking drugs but could not keep up with cost.
I was making progress sha until I stopped medications.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by thebrainyfox: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

I am unable to concentrate while reading or listening in class. That is, the littlest sounds or disturbances in my field of vision draws my attention.It was so bad in 2017 that I could barely read at all. I started taking drugs but could not keep up with cost.
I was making progress sha until I stopped medications.

Oh, so sorry about that.

I will suggest that you talk to few friends who might assist you financially. This is beyond psychological or mental solutions.
Re: Tell us the challenges you're facing as a student and let's help you out. by HumanCalc: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
I don't know if I should post here as I am still working towards gaining admission into University. In fact I am copying this post from my profile as the original post didn't make fp and I got little reply. I am sorry it's long..

When registering for jamb (my 3rd jamb), I chose Federal University of Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) as my choice of institution not because I loved the School but because I was afraid of not getting admission again so I decided to run away from competition in schools like unilag and Unilorin. My JAMB result came out and I scored 296 and since then, many people, my sec school proprietor, my family members and others have been disturbing me, in fact condemning my decision to go to a school like FUOYE. In fact I had to lie to one of my uncles that I chose Unilorin because they are all saying "how can you go to such a school with your score. Unilorin/Unilag will easily grant you admission". All these had made me lose interest in the school too but I am also scared of changing to these competitive Schools again....I don't want to be at home for another year, It's an unspeakable suffering. Now, I'm just confused. What I hear about FUOYE is not satisfactory at all and that's not the type of school I wish to go in my life...I need advice and I don't know, someone may clear my misconception too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Problem: Checking Neco Result: Help! / October 2020 - Aluta Gyration Volume 6 By Comrade Fijay Ft Heazyboi / Federal Poly Nasarawa Pre ND, HND And PART-TIME Form On Sale Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.