Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG (16446 Views)

Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / Court Remands Chima Igwe, Ex-DG Of FIIRO For Certificate Fraud / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by anonimi: 8:40am On Mar 02, 2020
AerialMapper:
You really have it in for the politicians, don’t you?
To answer your question, I do not know if they’ll allow it.

Politicians control everything.
If the people are not perpetually vigilant, their politicians will try to get away with murder.
Without pressure from the people they won't allow their salary package to drop to the level for lecturers to be motivated into meaningful productivity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by AerialMapper: 8:54am On Mar 02, 2020
anonimi:

Politicians control everything.
If the people are not perpetually vigilant, their politicians will try to get away with murder.
Without pressure from the people they won't allow their salary package to drop to the level for lecturers to be motivated into meaningful productivity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

Who are the voice of the people? They are there in the National Assembly. Are they actually voicing the will of the people; you tell me. Are they over-paid; definitely! Are they complaining? Hell no!

How else do the people pressure the politicians? Protest? You get shot at by bullets and gas that you pay for or brutalized by people you pay. Speak out on social media? you are tagged a wailer.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by HAKYN1: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
grin

Is a pity your likes exist in Nigeria. Are there no corrupt Hausas and Yorubas?

Definitely there are in other tribes, but the Osus always carry other people's matter on their head like gala. The person actually called out the Minister because of his tribal affiliation with the accused person. Nobody has the monopoly of mischief.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by VolvoS60(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2020
A country gets the leadership it deserves.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by ProWalker: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

Like your papa and mama dull brain

Lemaaaoooo!

E pain am. Go and drink your coronavirus medication grin grin
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by ProWalker: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2020
MelesZenawi:
He should be reinstated.

Punch is just championing a paid course.

You are shameless
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by TRUSTEDGUY: 11:01am On Mar 02, 2020
ProWalker:

Lemaaaoooo!

E pain am. Go and drink your coronavirus medication grin grin

Pain who?

Sorry for your low life
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by maasoap(m): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Are there no editors in punch newspapers no more? What the heck happened to unbiased reportage?

This article is NOT a news article... sounds more like the judgement of a supreme court... written by a narcissistic personality

Guess you just started following this news. The Punch's persistent investigations and reports were the major factors that pushed ICPC to do the first kangaroo investigation and the second genuine investigation which finally led to the removal of that criminal and fraudulent man.
So, you're right in some way, this is not a news article, it is a judgement of a supreme court. Someone who is supposed to be begging Nigerians for collecting PhD salaries from the government for over 15 years without actually possessing PhD
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by maasoap(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2020
Xisnin:
A fraudster that should be in jail is writing petitions.
He got salaries and promotions by claiming to possess a Ph.D. when he didn't
He should be prosecuted for fraud and made to return all his unmerited salaries.

TRUSTEDGUY:

You
Their likes abound in Nigeria claiming to be what they are not. Yet they are not punished instead they raise to positions of prominence stupid country.

What exactly are you fuming about concerning the comment of the person you quoted? Guess you are fraudulent in nature too. Criminals everywhere
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by ProWalker: 11:35am On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

No be today

In 1early 1960s another Ibo man was appointed at a very senior level st University of Ibadan by Zik.
When he was exposed Zik defended and supported him

They are the most nepotistic people on planet earth

The whole SGF office was littered with them during Pius Anyim tenure that you will think you are in Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by maasoap(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2020
dheaven:
The question is that, were he able to perform his duty effectively without the Phd certificate? You guys attach so much importance to certificate.

Oh lord of mercy! Am I actually living in the same country with this thing? Some people deserved to be planked on the heads, seriously.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by maasoap(m): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2020
anonimi:

Why do you think that is so?
Can it be due to the lack of motivating salary package compared to political office holders?

Their salary scales is one of the best under FG, it is a special salary scale. Far better than FG's ministries salary scales.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by anonimi: 11:59am On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:
There salary scales is one of the best under FG, it is a special salary scale. Far better than FG's ministries salary scales.

Why are you so confused?
Did I say compared to FG's ministries salary scales?
Please read again and do it slowly for better comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by maasoap(m): 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
anonimi:

Why are you so confused?
Did I say compared to FG's ministries salary scales?
Please read again and do it slowly for better comprehension.

I didn't see that you were even confused in your first post, I wouldn't have responded. Does it even make sense to you to compare the salary of civil servants to that of politicians in Nigeria? That's where your confusion started and infected me. Apologies
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by TRUSTEDGUY: 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:

What exactly are you fuming about concerning the comment of the person you quoted? Guess you are fraudulent in nature too. Criminals everywhere

How does my comments or quote concern you? Did l pick your quote.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by anonimi: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:
I didn't see that you were even confused in your first post, I wouldn't have responded. Does it even make sense to you to compare the salary of civil servants to that of politicians in Nigeria? That's where your confusion started and infected me. Apologies

Why not in Nigeria?
Are the Nigerians of today different from those of the 1960s?
What was the gap in pay package back then between politicians and civil servants?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

1 Like

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by frog12: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
i dont know what's wrong with this man he should go and do something else!

Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by maasoap(m): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
anonimi:

Why not in Nigeria?
Are the Nigerians of today different from those of the 1960s?
What was the gap in pay package back then between politicians and civil servants?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

Because I'm talking about reality, as it is today. Not some 60 years ago.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by Legendguru: 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
Oh
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by Raalsalghul: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

My thoughts too

I personally know that Igwe guy: served at FIIRO in 2016.

He was the director of Chemical Technology then.

He personally led me to my unit.

At least from my little interaction and observance of him, dude was intelligent, hard working.

I remember him questioning and critiquing the the projects of their junior researchers on our once in two weeks meetings.

He once called me an "unserious corper".

Lol, I disliked the place then: dull, drab, coupled with my lack of interest in science even though that was what I studied in school.

Sometimes, work will come to a halt there due to no fuel for the generator set. You can imagine!

He was somewhat the "Vice D.G" if there's any post like that.

Though strict, there was no doubt that dude was brilliant.

So it's weird to read that he didn't have a Ph.D.

Personally, I think it was a setup by a cabal, you know how government parastatals are.

All in all, dude was capable to handle the job, but you can't attain the D.G of such an institution without your doctorate degree.

Even the assistant director of the department Dr. Ahmed was at logger heads with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was reinstated.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by Raalsalghul: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
AerialMapper:

Nothing! What is useless is useless and most of the research institutes under the FMST are useless! They just run on overheads and have little funds for anything useful. Even the little funds there receive are for useless research.

What should replace them? Our universities should be driving R&grin and generating revenue but the only thing the universities know is to produce handouts for sale

I agree with you.

You can imagine a place where work comes to a stop because of no gas to service the gen and staff go about from one department to the other gisting.

Some projects in that F.I.I.R.O have been on as long as since the 60s.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by Raalsalghul: 9:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:

Guess you just started following this news. The Punch's persistent investigations and reports were the major factors that pushed ICPC to do the first kangaroo investigation and the second genuine investigation which finally led to the removal of that criminal and fraudulent man.
So, you're right in some way, this is not a news article, it is a judgement of a supreme court. Someone who is supposed to be begging Nigerians for collecting PhD salaries from the government for over 15 years without actually possessing PhD

I know that guy personally: still find it hard to believe he didn't have a doctorate degree.

Well, who knows.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by Raalsalghul: 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:

Their salary scales is one of the best under FG, it is a special salary scale. Far better than FG's ministries salary scales.

If the salary scale you're talking about is that of F.I.I.R.O, then I beg to disagree with you.

Infact, it's one of the lowest when compared to other parastatals.

To buttresst my point, I personally knew how much this guy and the then D.G were earning.

I had a fellow corper in the accounting department then and had acces to their payslips and loans.

Salary not benefits oh.
Re: Chima Igwe: Minister, Senators Plotting To Reinstate Disgraced FIIRO DG by aribisala0(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
Qoko:
I followed this ssue on punch from beginning and this igwe guy she be tried in the court of law for fraudulently obtained the salary of Doctorate degree since 2001 without certificate.
He is now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohanaeze: APC Congratulates Professor Obiozor / NDLEA Arrests Drug Runner, Recovers Drugged Candles, Cookies, Cocaine / ‘Only God Will Stop Nigeria From Breaking Up In 2035’ – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.