Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki (1194 Views)

Keyamo: APC Is United And Tinubu's Manifesto Is 90 Percent Ready / Ondo 2020: I’m Ready For APC Direct Primary Or Any Other System — Akeredolu / Councillors Shun Ambode’s Invitation Ahead Of Lagos APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2020
*Explains Why He Can't Get Ambode Treatment In Edo

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ahead of the September 19 governorship election in Edo State, Governor God­win Obaseki at the week­end said he was ready for the primary election of the All Progressives Congress (APC) which would pro­duce the party’s candidate.

The governor, who is seeking re-election on the platform of the APC, also said that he was confident that he would not only emerge the party’s flag bearer but that he would also win the governorship election and be sworn-in for another term in November 2020.

Speaking through Cru­soe Osagie, his Special Adviser on Media and Communication Strategy, Obaseki said he was bas­ing his conviction on the approval ratings he enjoyed in the state which, accord­ing to him, was above 80 percent.

He said: “We have not left any stone unturned in preparation for the prima­ries. The governor of Edo State is one hundred per­cent ready.

“We are certain that we are getting the APC ticket and we are also confident that Governor Obaseki is going to fly the flag of the APC during the forthcom­ing gubernatorial election in Edo State.

“Considering the approval rating that the governor currently enjoys in the state, we are also very optimistic that Governor Obaseki will be re-elected on September 19 when the governorship election will take place and he will be sworn in on the 12th of November 2020 for a second term.”

On the threat to his chances by Comrade Ad­ams Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the party who is determined to have him replaced due to their political differences, the governor said concerned stakeholders in the APC were worried by the calamity suffered by the party in Rivers, Zamfara, and Bayelsa states and were determined not to allow same fate befall Edo.

“That is what people loy­al to the national chairman (Oshiomhole) have been saying. They are saying they want to see how the governor will win the pri­mary with Oshiomhole as national chairman”.

“They are also saying even if Obaseki wins, they will go and change the re­sults and send the name of their preferred candidate to INEC.

“But I think any loyal member of the APC should have learnt a thing or two from what has happened in some states across the country. They must have learnt that impunity does not go unpunished.”

While reacting to the statement credited to some loyalists of Oshiomhole that he would be given the treatment similar to the one received by a former governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, from his political benefactor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, which put paid to his second term bid, Osagie said the politi­cal situation in Lagos was very different from that in Edo State.

“The question you should ask them is, ‘who is going to bell the cat? Who will give the governor the Ambode treatment? Is it the embattled national chair­man or his foot soldiers in the EPM?’

In the case of former governor Akinwunmi Am­bode, it is clear what hap­pened. He did not have a firm grip on anything in Lagos state. He had no firm grip of the political struc­tures in the state; he had no firm grip of the House of Assembly, and he had no firm grip of his cabinet.

“During the governor­ship primaries, his deputy governor and the SSG voted against him. Here in Edo, you all know that Comrade Phillip Shaibu, the deputy governor, is firmly and sol­idly behind his principal, the governor.

“Not only that, the SSG, Chief of Staff, and the state chairman of the party, Bar­rister Anselm Ojezua, are solidly behind the governor.

“In Lagos, all the party el­ders were against Ambode but here in Edo, notable leaders like the irrepress­ible and highly charismatic Charles Idahosa, a former Commissioner for Informa­tion in this state, are root­ing for Obaseki.

“During a recent inter­view, Idahosa said APC should be prepared to kiss Edo goodbye if they deny Obaseki the ticket.

“The former national chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, is also firmly in support of the governor. So, there is no similarity between what happened in Lagos and what is happening in Edo State,” he said.

Also speaking on the alleged gang-up against him by four governorship aspirants namely Dr. Pius Odubu, Pastor Osagie Ize- Iyamu, Maj.Gen. Charles Airhiavbere, and Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi, Osa­gie described them as very weak candidates.

“There is no threat from these people at all. Yes, there is a gang-up but it is a gang-up of very weak candidates.

“The only one that could have been considered a very formidable candidate among them was Osagie Ize-Iyamu who is from the PDP.

“But the reality is that he has been rejected from where he was before; so, he decided to seek refuge in APC.

“He tried to join the APC illegally and that gave him serious problems. Above all, one major albatross against him is that he is currently standing trial for corruption.

“N750 million fraud charge was preferred against him by the EFCC and this is similar to the trial of Olisa Metuh, the former PDP spokesman.

“They were both accused of collecting money from the former National Secu­rity Adviser to prosecute elections.

“Just imagine if Metuh is the candidate of a polit­ical party in an election, with the jail term he got, what would have happened to his candidacy?

“We believe that based on the corruption allega­tion hanging on his neck, Ize-Iyamu is out of the race. He has to first clear his name before the EFCC before thinking of aspiring to be governor,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/edo-2020-im-hundred-percent-ready-for-apc-primary-obaseki/

Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 8:08am On Mar 02, 2020
Osho wan dey form fake godfather. U think say you be Tinubu?
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by fjjc(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2020
Let us see how it goes
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by anath(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2020
I pray he will get d ticket, he is a nice governor that works with zero noise nor brag...
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by Judeerons32: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2020
I am glad he is ready for primaries. He should go and ask the people he has called thieves,greedy,jobless for over 3 years for support.the same people and their supporters who are card carrying members of your party. You fight for the removal of the national chairman your mentor.who has enormous support among party members in Edo. You fight against every edo person appointed who would have benefited your party people,the same people who will vote in a primary. You fight against political Titans entering the party. You fight majority of elected lawmakers from your state.forgetting they also have supporters. And you want the same party ticket. Well-done. I wish him luck even though I know it will be of no use to Obaseki.
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by donbachi(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2020
Bob Izua for governor.
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by WonderManly(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2020
Who can translate or tell us the meaning of this Oshio and Obasek picture?
It's says a lot...

Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by aolawale025: 8:51am On Mar 02, 2020
His confidence is inspirational
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2020
Who is he? We don't know him here in Benin

donbachi:
Bob Izua for governor.
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 10:53am On Mar 02, 2020
Let Edo people decide that, not you

Judeerons32:
I am glad he is ready for primaries. He should go and ask the people he has called thieves,greedy,jobless for over 3 years for support.the same people and their supporters who are card carrying members of your party. You fight for the removal of the national chairman your mentor.who has enormous support among party members in Edo. You fight against every edo person appointed who would have benefited your party people,the same people who will vote in a primary. You fight against political Titans entering the party. You fight majority of elected lawmakers from your state.forgetting they also have supporters. And you want the same party ticket. Well-done. I wish him luck even though I know it will be of no use to Obaseki.
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by Judeerons32: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2020
He first needs ticket from his party members. Before he faces Edo people. There is no room for independent candidates. Or he can go to YPP.
This is politics. No reasonable party will want to hand him a ticket knowing his record in showing gratitude. Even Edo pdp is wary. I wish him luck.
hisexcellency34:
Let Edo people decide that, not you

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by famology(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
I knew it was Crusoe osagie immediately I saw the headlines. I usually don't read anything from him since he blatantly lied that Edo assembly inauguration took place at 3pm at the assembly complex in ring road. Many government spokespersons will have a special place in hell. Their oga dey federal.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
the thing took place in the night nah. One of them even wore slippers
famology:
I knew it was Crusoe osagie immediately I saw the headlines. I usually don't read anything from him since he blatantly lied that Edo assembly inauguration took place at 3pm at the assembly complex in ring road. Many government spokespersons will have a special place in hell. Their oga dey federal.
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by famology(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
hisexcellency34:
the thing took place in the night nah. One of them even wore slippers

My guy Crusoe osagie said it was done in the afternoon by 3pm when asked by reporters. Since then,I don't listen or read anything from him. Even devil nor go lie like that.
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
WonderManly:
Who can translate or tell us the meaning of this Oshio and Obasek picture?
It's says a lot...

Obaseki : e be like you never still get sense ?

Oshio : na me you dey talk to ?
Re: Edo 2020: I’m Hundred Percent Ready For APC Primary — Obaseki by WonderManly(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2020
obehi247:

Obaseki : e be like you never still get sense ?

Oshio : na me you dey talk to ?
grin grin
grin

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? / Nigerian Soldiers Threaten To Rape Women In Warri, Infect Them With HIV / Facts About Late Abba Kyari The Media Never Told You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.