Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? (1197 Views)

100 Businesses That Can Sustain You In This Agbado Economy / IPOB To Igbo: Start Now To Buy Food That Will Sustain You For At Least Two Weeks / COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by engrrichie92(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2020
Following the announcement yesterday by Lagos State government yesterday, there would be a partial lock down from tomorrow
Banks, etc would be shut down except maybe for supermarkets, food-stores and pharmacy

The question now is ....How much do you have in your account and how long do you think it can sustain you for?
considering the size of your family and whether you are single/ married.

For me... 35000 naira only, and because I'm single i may be able to manage that for say 3 -4 weeks

Anything longer than that, na die be that.

God have mercy and cleanse the land from this evil virus
#Stay Clean and stay safe
lalasticlala..front page please
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by socialmediaman: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2020
I assume a lot of people were unemployed or broke even before this shutdown. One can only imagine what the outcome would be.

In any case, I encourage everyone to save for the rainy day. Depending on your income, do not spend more than 45 - 50% of your income on expenses. If you are, then you’re probably living above your standards.
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2020
i dont have much money in my acct but i have enough food ok for 2month, 10bags of purewater, 6bathing soap, 10 tissue, 3power banks, 2month sub, 20ltrs of fuel in store..total isolation, no visitor nd i wont visit u. calls only... money no get value now.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by gloriaunobi(f): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2020
I withdrow my last 2,000 yesterday and mum and daddy are stranded in Italy, my cousin that was staying with me went back to Anambra this morning...May God help us cry cry
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by GraGra247(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2020
That's the big problem with the shutdown. A lot of people will die of starvation. Some whole families don't have up to N1,000 in their account.
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by leke12(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2020
In time like this the money in your bank account might not be withdrawable(no cash for ATM), the one in your house might be stolen. Moreso, the food in your house no be only u go eat am, this is Nigeria not a civilized clime.

Total lockdown more than a week in nigeria will turn to disaster and mass civil disobedience. A hungry man is an angry man

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by GolDRoger: 11:51am On Mar 25, 2020
gloriaunobi:
I withdrow my last 2,000 yesterday and mum and daddy are stranded in Italy, my cousin that was staying with me went back to Anambra this morning...May God help us cry cry

OMG!! Talk of beauty??
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by gloriaunobi(f): 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
GolDRoger:

OMG!! Talk of beauty??
What is beauty again, isn't beauty that someone will eat especially this Wuse II where everyone is on his own with gigantic fences
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Chimezie198(m): 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
When garri na N500 per painter.
Wahala dey oo.. e no go funny at all

UBA this is not the time for ATM card maintenance fee... That money go fit buy groundnut and sugar to drink garri for this period oo
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by yekparikpa(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
Maybe a year. But it's not funny at all.
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Goodgod213: 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
It can only sustain me till Saturday thereafter na to day beg or look Uche face oo. Even before corona I day chop 6 indomie, One sandine And two eggs. Now they say make we no comot from house and all my foodstuffs have finished.

Someone said I’m not surprised Buhari tested Negative, Nothing can grow in him - not ideas, not innovations, not even Viruses
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by GolDRoger: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2020
gloriaunobi:

What is beauty again, isn't beauty that someone will eat especially this Wuse II where everyone is on his own with gigantic fences

are you working their ( wuse II ) if yes
you don't have problem with feeding

meanwhile u looks familiar, or maybe am mistaken you for someone else
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Slawormir: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

All my money is gonna be for weed and booze
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Bighead9: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2020
gloriaunobi:

Come and stay with me.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by helinues: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
Gobe
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by gloriaunobi(f): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
Bighead9:

Come and stay with me.
I don't stay with Corona grin grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by rexlims(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
leke12:
In time like this the money in your bank account might not be withdrawable(no cash for ATM), the one in your house might be stolen. Moreso, the food in your house no be only u go eat am, this is Nigeria not a civilized clime.

Total lockdown more than a week in nigeria will turn to disaster and mass civil disobedience. A hungry man is an angry man
nigeria as a country is not primed for a total lockdown. people will be willing to kill and maim just to either steal food or protect it.
i see chaos and anarchy happening if not properly managed.
God help us.
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2020
I am supposed to pay my landlord six months rent (April to September) in advance this week.

I will be keeping it for now. I'll probably write "corona virus: keep off" in front of my door so he doesn't disturb me.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Standing5(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
This is why Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda is considered more developed than Nigeria. They are better covered in terms of well spaced accommodation, food reserve, water, electricity, healthcare etc. We are many in Nigeria for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by edo3(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2020
Chimezie198:

UBA this is not the time for ATM card maintenance fee... That money go fit buy groundnut and sugar to drink garri for this period oo
Bastard UBA that deducted 800naira from my 3k wey i dey manage jejely in d of SMS charges 2days ago,, only for dem to komot 50naira yesterday for maintenance.. Just imagine 850 on savings acct.
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Zooposki(f): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Bighead9: 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2020
gloriaunobi:

I don't stay with Corona grin grin

Comon Babe, I'm safe and my place is the safest so far. grin

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by gloriaunobi(f): 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
Bighead9:

Comon Babe, I'm safe and my place is the safest so far. grin
That was what Buhari thought initially until Abba proved him wrong

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Chimezie198(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2020
edo3:
Bastard UBA that deducted 800naira from my 3k wey i dey manage jejely in d of SMS charges 2days ago,, only for dem to komot 50naira yesterday for maintenance.. Just imagine 850 on savings acct.
chai

E be like I go go comot that 2k wey remain for that account before I see debit alert
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by juman(m): 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
I am supposed to pay my landlord six months rent (April to September) in advance this week.

I will be keeping it for now. I'll probably write "corona virus: keep off" in front of my door so he doesn't disturb me.

grin grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by edo3(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
Chimezie198:
chai

E be like I go go comot that 2k wey remain for that account before I see debit alert
Pls do bro
Re: COVID-19:How Long Can The Money In Your Account Sustain You For? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
Chimezie198:

600 for the white one

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Late Abba Kyari The Media Never Told You / Quick Tour Of The Ongoing Flyovers Under Construction In Rivers State (video) / Biafra: BNYL, Southern Cameroon Separatist Group Team Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.