Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,734 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich (46512 Views)

Hakeem Odumosu Distributes Face-Masks To Violators In Lagos / Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / Prevent Coronavirus From Getting To Nigeria - Senate Says FG Not Doing Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Lovelyn451(f): 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Was wondering if the mask filters the air b4 it enters the nose lol..what does it prevent sef?

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Nastofar(f): 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Shebi na person wey get money to buy nose mask.... Una never hear say nose mask don turn 12k?
Let the rich people be buying nose mask, the poor will keep infecting them with corona grin
Chain you bad. You be real trouble maker grin
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by goalboy1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Is our able presido not traveling anytime soon . Waka about Presido with he head like beans. Thank goodness � this is not only for the poor but for both classes. grin cheesy grin
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by efewizey(m): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
FuckThaMod:

I dey balcony now.. Looking to see if she'd pass by

All the best. She get friend when be like her?
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by seangy4konji: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
OK. No wahala
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Lewisalexander(m): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
We don't need this information because there's no case of coronaVirus here
And there will not be a case of coronaVirus here
Because God is with us

Okoro. Na everything black man dey call God put. Be waiting for God. Prayer warriors with the heart of the devil

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by blowjohn(m): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
thundafire:
She is right dis are Doctors with research articles not dey nonsense malaria and typhoid bdoctors we have here dat knows nothing

Oga
When did nigerian doctors encourage wearing of masks?
No be wetin people see for TV dem copy?

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by macklef(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Gepheral:
I went to a pharmacy and saw the attendants wearing face masks. I enquired the price and was told it's N130... I quizzed further to know if it's the carton or pack and they responded that the price was for just one.... Imagine! They told me before the Corona ish that it was sold for just N10....

Just this morning when I went to the park I saw somebody sending a waybil in cartons... When the driver asked for the content inside the cartons, he was told they were face masks....

This news na Bad market for those wey Wan take undue advantage of the situation.

With this news it means there's hope for Nigeria cos we were told abi we read am somewhere say na airborne level... But the prof is saying it isn't airborne..

If it is not airborne then it is likely the Italian is the only person with the virus in Nigeria. I strongly believe!

If that be the case we need avoid the error that put us among the nations with the Disease.
It was never 10naira only Tom tom sells for 10 box in nigeria. Calm down
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by thundafire: 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
blowjohn:

Oga
When did nigerian doctors encourage wearing of masks?
No be wetin people see for TV dem copy?
ask dis doc grin grin grin

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by SavageMaster: 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Because God is with us

Biko, is Lagos now no longer in Nigeria? The last time I checked, an Italian said to have Corona virus was isolated in Lagos

Seems you've been asleep for the past one week
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by ejanla077: 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Because God is with us

Please shut up
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
Afamed:

Nancy not Nanvy
Auto correct
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by dejavuh0007(m): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
aminusodiq:
"ETA 3/1/20: If you are caring for someone with COVID in your home, it is wise to wear a mask when in close proximity to that person, who should also wear a mask"

Dis point validates wearing a mask!!! Its not compulsory to wear a mask... But wit dat,,, I tink its necessary shocked

Check my siggy fr dope portrait drawing
"only when in close proximity." More so, once the sick person is wearing a mask--u don't need to wear one ursef. You may wear a mask as a precaution though but it's not compulsory u wear one at the same time.
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Kolping: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Spring in the Northern Hemisphere will start on Friday, 20 March 2020. which will lead to an increase in temperatures.

The Effects of Temperature and Relative Humidity on the Viability of the SARS Coronavirus
K. H. Chan , J. S. Malik Peiris, S. Y. Lam, L. L. M. Poon, K. Y. Yuen, and W. H. Seto
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Research Article | Open Access
Volume 2011 |Article ID 734690 | 7 pages | https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/734690
Received 25 Nov 2010, Revised 31 Jul 2011, Accepted 31 Jul 2011, Published 01 Oct 2011
http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/av/2011/734690.pdf

In this study, we showed that high temperature at high relative humidity has a synergistic effect on inactivation of SARS CoV viability while lower temperatures and low humidity support prolonged survival of virus on contaminated surfaces. The environmental conditions of countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand are thus not conducive to the prolonged survival of the virus. In countries such as Singapore and Hong Kong where there is a intensive use of air-conditioning, transmission largely occurred in well-air-conditioned environments such as hospitals or hotels. Further, a separate study has shown that during the epidemic, the risk of increased daily incidence of SARS was 18.18-fold higher in days with a lower air temperature than in days with a higher temperature in Hong Kong [24] and other regions [15–17]. Taken together, these observations may explain why some Asian countries in tropical area (with high temperature at high relative humidity) such as Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand did not have nosocomial outbreaks of SARS (Tables 1 and 2(a)–2(c)). It may also explain why Singapore, which is also in tropical area (Table 2(d)), had most of its SARS outbreaks in hospitals (air-conditioned environment).

KEVIND:
Coronavirus Will Disappear By 27th March 2020 Says, TB Joshua

According to TB Joshua, the fearful Coronavirus which has caused fear and panic in the world will disappear the same way it came. During a live telecast on the popular Christian Tv Channel known as Emmanuel TV owned by Nigerian Prophet, TB Joshua, the man of God declared that the fearful virus plaguing the world will end on 27th March 2020.

He advised his viewers to remain prayerful as they wait for the deadly plaque to disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpt0JDT9L2g

https://www.nairaland.com/5715190/coronavirus-disappear-27th-march-2020
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Freksy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Because God is with us

Who is God not with?

Knowledge is better than ignorance.
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Omo me go wear am ooo.. Right now I'm even wearing double and i won't stop. I can't come and die young when i haven't banged chidera the big booty neighbour. If it's possible to get the full body kit i will get them and put them on 247. Fück China, Fück Italy, Fück corona virus, Fuçk the person spreading it right now and Fück the person contracting it.
I love my life biko..

And if Chidera is infected nko
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Kingpele(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
You don't need nose mask because it doesn't work..but medical professionals need it more even though it doesn't work? grin

If it prevents a sick person from passing it then it also offers good protection against contracting the virus too...they are saying this because of the dearth of supply the medical facilities are facing worldwide.
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by kingxsamz(m): 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Because God is with us

Mumu...
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by FuckThaMod: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
efewizey:

All the best. She get friend when be like her?
All of them no fine and dem no gather anything
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by FuckThaMod: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

And if Chidera is infected nko
She can't be...
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by frog12: 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
dis doctor dey talk trash !!

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by CanadaOrBust: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
So why all these people dey wear am??

Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Champneys: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
Spot on.
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by kayusely70(m): 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
Bad market for speculators
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Observer1: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
Masks doesn't stop people from getting it,but it can stop people from spreading it,however, wearing a mask can stop people from touching their nose unnecessarily.
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Yankee101: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
Of course you don't.

Rather infected people need it to help prevent them from spreading it
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by Okogopo: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Nancy not Nanvy
[/s]
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by maidstone: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
US surgeon-general said the same thing yesterday

But, in Nigeria, they are stockpiling and hoarding face masks

Tuehhh
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by DexterousOne(m): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
thundafire:
ask dis doc grin grin grin

WTH is this?
Re: You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich by demsy21(m): 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
KEVIND:
Coronavirus Will Disappear By 27th March 2020 Says, TB Joshua

According to TB Joshua, the fearful Coronavirus which has caused fear and panic in the world will disappear the same way it came. During a live telecast on the popular Christian Tv Channel known as Emmanuel TV owned by Nigerian Prophet, TB Joshua, the man of God declared that the fearful virus plaguing the world will end on 27th March 2020.

He advised his viewers to remain prayerful as they wait for the deadly plaque to disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpt0JDT9L2g

https://www.nairaland.com/5715190/coronavirus-disappear-27th-march-2020
Of which year? This 2020 or 2030? cry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prevention For Ebola Virus / Please Help!! I Have A Growth On My Forehead (pics Attached) / Zika Virus Is In Nigeria- Health Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.