Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,033 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George (1865 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Justice Binta Nyako Suggesting Prison To Be Safest For Him / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) / Zainab Murtala Nyako Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by hisexcellency34: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Olabode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the weekend said it is high time Nigerians come together as one united family irrespective of their tribe, religious or political differences.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent, George, a retired Commodore in the Nigerian Navy said the division in Nigeria dated back to pre-1914 before the amalgamation of the country, adding that the then Governor-General Lord Lugard hated the South with passion.

George, who said he is passionate about uniting the country, especially the youths of the North and South said his best friend till date is former governor of Adamawa state, Admiral Murtala Nyako who is a Fulani man.
According to him, they both met in the Navy and the friendship has blossomed till date.

“Lord Lugard hated the South with passion. Are we going to continue like that? My best friend till today is a Fulani man. I met him in the Navy. The way I see him and the way he sees me gives me absolute satisfaction that he is a genuine human being. He is no other person that Admiral Murtala Nyako”.

“How did I meet him? I came back from course in the United Kingdom and I haven’t gotten my car. So, I stood at the gate of Tamandu barracks, which is the Naval barracks in Apapa. I said I must get a ride from one officer going to the base. He was driving past and he stopped, he said ‘Sub-lieutenant, where are you going?’ I said ‘Morning sir, I’m going to the Naval base’. He said you can hop in”.

“From that moment, we became best of friends till date. I didn’t even know he was the second-in-command to the ship I was reporting to. He was the executive officer. Every morning, I walked from my own flat to his own, I will have breakfast with him and then we will go to the Base in his car. You see how friendship develops? He is from Adamawa in Mayo-Belwa; I am from Lagos Island in Lagos state”.

Everybody, even in the Navy knows he is my best friend. He calls me ‘my only brother South of the Sahara’. All of my family members including my parents, wife and children know him and I know all his family members too. So, what is this division about? What are we fighting for?”

Why do we hate ourselves so much? What is the mistrust about? People keep shouting they want to secede. Secede to where?” he asked.

https://www.independent.ng/how-fulani-man-became-my-best-friend-till-date-bode-george/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by Commentor: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2020
You shared money together.

1 Like

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by Enwhen(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2020
NA SO E SUPPPOSE TO BE
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by NextD18: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2020
There's absolutely nothing wrong making a fulani man your friend because cows can sometimes be the best set of friends.

1 Like

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by hisexcellency34: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
People keep shouting they want to secede. Secede to where?” he asked.

That's deep!

1 Like

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by hammerU: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
I WONDER IF HE WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND AS HAD HE BEEN A HERDSMEN AND NOT ADMIRAL.
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by fergie001: 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2020
Murtala Nyako as a Commodore in 1986, was amongst the military set-up tribunal that court-martialled and executed Mamman Vatsa and co.

Baba has teyed oooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by donbachi(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
one in a million.
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by fk002: 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
I will keep on saying in every region there are good and bad people only people with the myopic mindset or dimwits that never set foot in another region will think otherwise.

As for me, I have friends from different part of the country, their parents know me my parents know them, they are always welcome to my house. In fact, we are like family now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by limeta(f): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
Make every body find their way
Which unity rubbish
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by GamalNasser: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
There are two types of Fulanis , the Fulanis that emerge from Niger repubic area and those that emerge from the hills of the cameroun , those from the cameroun like Nyako and Atiku are Nicer but those from Niger republic area like Buhari are very evil and have nothing to offer but blood and destruction

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by WesleyPepper: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
2 criminals cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Kilo wa kan wa bayi? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by GamalNasser: 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
Commentor:
You shared money together.

You annoying Buharist need to know that not everything in life is about sharing money , Buhari and his zombies have nothing to offer humanity than stoking accusations of corruption on anyone that is better than they can ever be effortlessly . To a Buharist no man can score a decent living if he is not a thief , people can't be friends if they are not sharing money ........Buharism is a extreme form of sadism and generational jealousy mixed with low IQ

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by kokoA(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
There's no enemy when sharing the national cake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by Armaggedon: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
WesleyPepper:

The same way Azikwe became Sardauna's friend in the early 60s. The rest is history as they say .

The descendants of the 3 million Osu sacrificed for Azikwe/Sardauna's friendship are all over the place today screaming Biafravd day and night.

Osu Jews are senseless . They don't learn from history .

The only sensible ones are the osu muslims like Alhaji Munirudeen Ned Nwoko grin
do yo have some mental health issues?
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by Commentor: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

You annoying Buharist need to know that not everything in life is about sharing money , Buhari and his zombies have nothing to offer humanity than stoking accusations of corruption on anyone that is better than they can ever be effortlessly . To a Buharist no man can score a decent living if he is not a thief , people can't be friends if they are not sharing money ........Buharism is a extreme form of sadism and generational jealousy mixed with low IQ

You appear hungry.

3 Likes

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by WesleyPepper: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
Armaggedon:
do yo have some mental health issues?
See this violent headslamming Ibo muslim grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by MetaPhysical: 11:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Correct sentiment but wrong argument for shared nationality. I have best friends in every tribe in Nigeria and beyond, yet I want a separate country from them all. Not sharing same country with your best friend does not sever a friendship built on trust and fraternity. If everybody would share same country with persons they are best of friends with the whole globe will be one country.

This sentiment is personal, it will not count in Yoruba resolve to stand alone, at best, as a separate region from rest.....and at worst, as a separate nation altogether. Bode George in Odua Nation will still be best friend with Murtala Nyako in Adamawa Nation. Trust me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by MetaPhysical: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2020
fk002:
I will keep on saying in every region there are good and bad people only people with the myopic mindset or dimwits that never set foot in another region will think otherwise.

As for me, I have friends from different part of the country, their parents know me my parents know them, they are always welcome to my house. In fact, we are like family now.

Tell us one good thing in NW region. Just one!
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by GamalNasser: 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2020
You are right just about to have my first meal today. At least I can still eat once a day under failed Buhari
Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by Commentor: 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

You are right just about to have my first meal today. At least I can still eat once a day under failed Buhari

Lame.

By the way, who drinks sparkling and still water at the same time?

In 20cl bottles for that matter.

If you like don't return one of them to where your oga kept them.

And I wouldn't eat from such old plates.

Try to upgrade.

2 Likes

Re: How Admiral Nyako, A Fulani Man Became My Best Friend Till Date- Bode George by GamalNasser: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
Commentor:

Lame.

By the way, who drinks sparkling and still water at the same time?

If you like don't return one of them to where your oga kept them.

You know anything about PH of water ?

I drink the less alkaline water with my meal and I nurse the more more alkaline as I catch up on news channels before I take a shower and sleep .

Everything I put in my body has a deliberate purpose to keep me fit as a fiddle .

(1) (2) (Reply)

21-storey Business Tower By Akwa Ibom State Govt. To Gulp Another N13billion In / Biafra Fought Well Against Nigeria - US Dept. Of State (kissinger Memo) / Nigerias 36 States & Fct Ranked In Order Of Land Surface Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.