Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago (38708 Views)

Black 555.55-carat Formed 2 Billion Years Ago Sells For $4.28 Million At Auction / Why Life On Earth May Be Gone In A Billion Years (Photos) / Astronomers Now Agree Universe Is Nearly 14 Billion Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Bamidele1437: 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
Imagine! 3.2 billion years ago.
Nonsense and chinese kung FLU.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by spartan117(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
Ashley86400:

You do know the bible described a "flat" earth right?
Which was why the Catholics in the 15th century couldn't agree with the scientist who without traveling to space said the earth had to be round.
Don't get me started on an argument you won't finish.
Do you own research yourself.

I don't base my Beliefs on what the Catholics said in the 15th century, they were men like u and I, prone to error.
That's why I base my beliefs on the bible.

So show me the scripture where the bible said that, let's deal on facts not notions.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Richmark030: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
Wizikal:
when one baba in my community knows better by mere throwing cowries!

u just shot the guy
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Xioxing: 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
ednut1:
even tho i am agnostic . we cant deny someone or something created this world. too bad we cant know his reason or though process. he cleary ain't the one described in all the world religions
please you have sincerely earned my respect
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Ashley86400: 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2020
spartan117:

I don't base my Beliefs on what the Catholics said in the 15th century, they were men like u and I, prone to error.
That's why I base my beliefs on the bible.

So show me the scripture where the bible said that, let's deal on facts not notions.
No need.
Continue.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by spartan117(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
Ashley86400:

No need.
Continue.
Ok Good luck.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by luluosas(m): 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
This is NOT A DISCOVERY, but simply confirmation of the Biblical teaching about the undeniable fact of God's creation. Science can try all they want, but God rule far above their intellect
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by LLMG: 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
the bible indeed is a complete book
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by LLMG: 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
the Bible indeed is a complete book
ednut1:
even tho i am agnostic . we cant deny someone or something created this world. too bad we cant know his reason or though process. he cleary ain't the one described in all the world religions
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by ednut1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
LLMG:
the Bible indeed is a complete book
a very lame book. Not different from ur village folklore.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Legendguru: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
Really
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
worlexy:
The Bible don talk am before na
Yes, for sure

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
That's why I love my bible,genesis said so long time ago
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Lee29: 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
StUriah:
But how did water came about? The origin of 'waters' needs to be established.

Besides, darkness must be a concept that existed before the Spirit of God moved in to create an order. If this is taken, then who created the Darkness in the first place?

The time water was created was not mentioned. What we knew from Genesis is the fact that water was there before God created the earth and the sky.

In addition, God has no beginning; which means many things must have happened before God created the earth and man.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by lepasharon(f): 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2020
dazzlingd:

It's a black man thing, the black man lives in ignorance, they dont know anything about their history and dont care, they are not interested in the world they live in,that's why they dont discover anything and are scientifically dumb. They rather enjoy fairytales and that's why religion sells to them

I say the same thing bro. The problem of black ppl is self-inflicted. We are in an information age but they still choose to remain wilfully ignorant and maintain the same thinking.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Adgideon(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
You pple can't and can never rubbish the ALMIGHTY GOD
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by nelsonoba: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
I honestly don't know how this is coming as "news" or a "new discovery" to these "Scientists". It's been recorded in the bible from thousands of years ago (Genesis chapter 1 verses 1 - 2) that the whole earth was covered in water for a period of time (which we weren't told the duration) between when God first created the heavens and the earth in Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 and Genesis chapter 1 verse 3 when God began recreating the earth and called for dry land to appear out of the waters, and at the end of the RECREATION, God created Adam on the 6th day.

I have heard many people who haven't read their bible properly attempt to claim that "the bible said the earth is about 7,000years old", to which I always wonder IN WHAT BIBLE DID THEY SEE SUCH INFORMATION? While we can clearly deduce from the genealogy recorded in the bible from the time of Adam that God must have created Adam about 7,000years ago approximately, that by no means indicates that God created the earth only 7,000years ago.

The bible only began keeping record of time from day 1 of earth's RECREATION when God called for light to appear in Genesis 1 verse 3. Between Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 and verse 2 is a period of time we have no idea how long it was. The bible does not record anything about the timeframe inbetween.

For those still thinking this is a made up story and that God created everything in 7days, have you asked yourself when within those 7days God created water In verse 2 even before God started recreating the earth and saying LET THERE BE LIGHT, we can already see that water was in existence at that time.

Just maybe when people start taking the bible seriously, we'll understand science more.

Johannes Kepler, one of the greatest modern scientists who ever lived said "I study science to discover the patterns and principles hidden in God's magnificent creation". Some modern scientists now think "There is no God".........and that is why they are only just discovering what even ancient people who read the bible already knew.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by BluntBoy(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
AmazingELixir:

They froze up in the polar regions of the earth

No. Impossible.

Melt all that ice, and only several coastal cities will be lost due to rise in sea level.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by BluntBoy(m): 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
greygoblings:

The Earth is covered by 70% water and 30% land. If all the ice in the polar caps are to be melted, the earth would be 100% water and warmer. The melting of the ice will bring an end to this age, hence the fear of global warming proponents. On a different note, almost all organisms on Earth has more water in them than Carbon - For instance, the human body is 60% water. Drain out all these water... Then the Earth becomes a water world again.

The melting of the ice will only threaten coastal cities, nothing more.

Drain all the water in every organism, and the collected water would not even inundate lake Chad. You people are actually underestimating the size of our planet.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Lordcassy:

It's obvious you have never handled a microscope talkless of reading... The next time you are sick with malaria... Stay in your room and die... Go and meet the Jewish Jesus...
Lol,why are you showing emotions for nothing?Is your life that frustrating?

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Lee29: 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
felixedet:

What about the pre Adamic world?

The creation of heaven, earth and other things was pre-Adamic. Adam (man) was the last to be created

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Deicide: 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Well Africa still has a long way to go!
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Koko1119: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2020
Human being was made from manmaid
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Litmus: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2020
SoftChordz:
And human beings where fishes then.. and evolution later took place abi?

Actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwABTWpM-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2M0PIFKq2w
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Farki: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
FuckThaMod:
I love science
I've studied science all my life but this new... shocked
Where did the water go to? Cos according to biogeochemical cycle, nothing on earth is ever wasted cos it's a closed system.

Well the poles are frozen so that's a likely candidate plus there is also water seeping into the soil and deep into the ground.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by fm7070: 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
Psalm 24:2 established that.
Science is getting their senses little by little.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Farki: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Common sense and astute logic will show that this world with all its intricacies, wonders and self-sustaining marvels was created and deliberately designed.

So cancer, Ebola, Cataracts and Lupus was wonderfully designed.

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Farki: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2020
Deicide:
It's a lie the earth is only 6 thousand years old angry

How did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Modarun(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
I feel sorry for those Scientology church and Atheists. Imagine believing that you are product of accident? In the beginning it was man came from monkey, later astroid feel and caused a spark, today it was a water front. The more they dispute the scriptural account the more their findings pull them towards it.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Jokerman(m): 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
I love this

The book of Daniel spoke about the proliferation of knowledge at these times

I have all my hope in Jesus

His words are yea and Amen!!
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
Farki:

So cancer, Ebola, Cataracts and Lupus was wonderfully designed.
It was man's corruption of this world that has led to majority of these diseases...shyts like radiation, artificially processed and stored foods, deforestation, carbon emissions to name just a few of them! Tell me man isn't the architect of his problems?! angry
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Farki: 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

It was man's corruption of this world that has led to majority of these diseases...shyts like radiation, artificially processed and stored foods, deforestation, carbon emissions to name just a few of them! Tell me man isn't the architect of his problems?! angry

Seems kind of childish to ruin the Earth because the same flawed creatures you made ate a fruit. The same humans were deceived by the same snake you created.

Man didn't create all those diseases either but we are trying to solve them, just some greedy or lazy people would rather pray than actually help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Timilehin Daomi Invents Coins-Dispensing ATM In Lagos (Photos, Video) / World's 1st Digital Tombstone That Display The Deceased Videos, Photos / Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.