Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? (2050 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 8:49am On Mar 03, 2020
Hello guys,

Please who can help me solve this issue? My mechanic has no idea what the problem is. I have done wheel alignment and balancing several times but the issue has persisted.

I saw a thread on nairaland some months ago about this same issue but I can't find it again after numerous searches. I will be grateful if anyone can help me out. Thanks.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by cRobo: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2020
Your village people dragging the steering with you while driving

I won't say a word

10 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by hassey(m): 9:12am On Mar 03, 2020
try gauge ur tyre. or one of d tyre is bad, meet fulganizer to check it for u

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Comedian2019: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2020
Check your engine seat, guage your tires, check your springs, etc
cRobo:
Your village people dragging the steering with you while driving

I won't say a word
Leave the innocent villa people out of this.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by cRobo: 9:24am On Mar 03, 2020
Comedian2019:
Check your engine seat, guage your tires, check your springs, etc

Leave the innocent villa people out of this.

He said he has done the above

Who/what else can be responsible
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by tico1212(m): 9:26am On Mar 03, 2020
1. Make sure your tyres are on the same gauge
2. Check if any of the front tyre is wear
3. If your car is Toyota Camry, check the arms connected to the chassis if the rubber is wear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Comedian2019: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2020
cRobo:

He said he has done the above

Who/what else can be responsible
He should sell it and buy another one.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by henrygale(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2020
The guy that said village people dragging your steering with you, got me rotfl.
If you have checked your alignment and wheel balancing, and ensured your tyres are intact. Then they should check your tar-rod and socket, and also the car's ball joint.

arsenalman:
Hello guys,

Please who can help me solve this issue? My mechanic has no idea what the problem is. I have done wheel alignment and balancing several times but the issue has persisted.

I saw a thread on nairaland some months ago about this same issue but I can't find it again after numerous searches. I will be grateful if anyone can help me out. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by dawnomike(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
Well, i think you drive a right hand drive that was converted to left hand drive... Maybe that was improperly done.

NB: I can't be sure as i have not seen your car ... It is just a possibility
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by onlinetomola(m): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2020
Change your Mechanic and try a better one. Its not wheel alignment. This happened to my car few weeks back (Kia Seul) so he removed a kind of hub from the driver side wheel connected to steering and told me it needed to be changed. So I did but it cost me N13,000. Now it drives perfectly well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 10:08am On Mar 03, 2020
onlinetomola:
Change your Mechanic and try a better one. Its not wheel alignment. This happened to my car few weeks back (Kia Seul) so he removed a kind of hub from the driver side wheel connected to steering and told me it needed to be changed. So I did but it cost me N13,000. Now it drives perfectly well.

Thanks. I will try this.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 10:08am On Mar 03, 2020
dawnomike:
Well, i think you drive a right hand drive that was converted to left hand drive... Maybe that was improperly done.

NB: I can't be sure as i have not seen your car ... It is just a possibility

My car wasn't converted. Thanks
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2020
tico1212:
1. Make sure your tyres are on the same gauge
2. Check if any of the front tyre is wear
3. If your car is Toyota Camry, check the arms connected to the chassis if the rubber is wear

Thanks. All that has been done.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by cRobo: 10:10am On Mar 03, 2020
Comedian2019:

He should sell it and buy another one.

Help him with money then
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 10:10am On Mar 03, 2020
henrygale:
If you have checked your alignment and wheel balancing, and ensured your tyres are intact. Then they should check your tar-rod and socket, and also the car's ball joint.

I will ask my Mechanic to check the tar rod and socket.
Thanks
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Enzymes101(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2020
GO FOR WHEEL BALANCING AND ALIGNMENT CHECK, that should solve the iss. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Mayor555(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tell Alignment people to set your steering for you!
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by adanny01(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
arsenalman:
Hello guys,

First thing is to ensure your rim and tire sizes are exactly the same in the front and in the back. The front should be a perfect pair match and the back another pair match. The front and back can have different sizes but make sure the pair is same at front and back.

Secondly, put the same amount of air pressure in the front pair and the same at back pair.

Thirdly, your mechanic should check for defective control arm bushing, strut height (they should match), tie rod ends (very important) and ball joint. Any bad Item should cause one suspension to have an unstable alignment or camber.

Lastly, you will visit the alignment shop for camber (if you have a MacPherson strut suspension) and alignment adjustment. The problem is, only a few mechanics will know if your camber is correct.

If all is done right and your car still pulls either side, consult your village people.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
Thank you very much @adanny01
You write up is very informative and I will try my best do all of it. One major problem is that I really don't know who can handle it in porthacourt.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by seanfer(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
arsenalman:
Thank you very much @adanny01
You write up is very informative and I will try my best do all of it. One major problem is that I really don't know who can handle it in porthacourt.

Mrford. He will do a good job for you. He’s around Mgbuoba/Nta.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by arsenalman(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2020
seanfer:

Mrford. He will do a good job for you. He’s around Mgbuoba/Nta.

Thank you very much. I will appreciate if you can give me his number or his precise location.
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Mrford(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
arsenalman:

Thank you very much. I will appreciate if you can give me his number or his precise location.

Thank you seanfer for the recommendation.

I'm at mgbuoba. WhatsApp, call 08136933109, 09054970148
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Successful01(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mrford:

Thank you seanfer for the recommendation.

I'm at mgbuoba. WhatsApp, call 08136933109, 09054970148

Hi Mford, are you a mechanic? Do you fix Lexus RX 330 ?
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by Mrford(m): 12:24am On Mar 06, 2020
Successful01:

Hi Mford, are you a mechanic? Do you fix Lexus RX 330 ?

I'm a car technician. Yes I fix rx330
Re: Why Does My Car Steering Always Tilt To The Left While Driving? by ogmask: 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
henrygale:

In addition if its a car that has upper arm, check to make sure the bushings are ok.

arsenalman:
Hello guys,

If the problem persist after doing the above i will advise you change your mechanic and or wheel alignments garage.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

.... / Price Of Coolant Is On The High Side. What To Do? / Which Luxury Car Brand Has The Most Prestigious Reputation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.